New signing ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm sorry Clontaago for upsetting you, I really do love you, can we make up now? I haven't been the same since this started :drunk: :drunk:

Why can't I be stalked by a tall blonde 22 year old (yeah - I like older women) called Ingrid?

Am I asking too much here?

I'll take the double play...think of the perks of being a short arse, and having a very tall woman.

Schnoo, Schnoo

Byso is neither tall nor 22 and he has a mowhawk/flat top. You can tell why the cheerleaders are far from happy with his attentions. ;)

Back on the topic:

Manly swoops on union talent
Glenn Jackson and Jamie Pandaram | August 23, 2007

MANLY have won the race to sign one of the best young rugby union talents in the country after yesterday securing 18-year-old Waratah Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

In a blow to rugby union in the battle between the codes, Waerea-Hargreaves has rejected interest from four other NRL clubs as well as the NSW Waratahs, the Western Force and the New Zealand Rugby Union to link with the Sea Eagles on a two-year deal.

The New Zealand-born back-rower, who has been compared to Bulldogs second-rower Sonny Bill Williams and retired Manly lock Ben Kennedy, was apparently offered by the Sea Eagles up to four times more than the Waratahs were prepared to outlay.

The Watarahs offered him a four-year deal but two of those seasons would have been spent as part of their academy program.

Waerea-Hargreaves was dropped from the Central Coast Rays team to play the East Coast Aces this Sunday in the Australian Rugby Championship.

His manager, Mike Newton, denied the move was a "money grab".

"I wanted him to be in a professional environment next year," Newton said. "I believe his progress and form certainly warranted being a full-time professional, and the Waratahs couldn't offer it.

"He's certainly excited about it. He's always had a genuine interest in rugby league and he has an opportunity to be training with one of the top NRL teams in the competition."

"Being able to play under a bloke like [Manly coach] Des Hasler is a huge privilege for him. He hasn't played league since he was 10 or 11, but I'm sure he'll be well suited to the game."

Newton also said the lure of a State of Origin jumper was a consideration for the player whose teammates at Norths call him Sonny because of his likeness in look and talent to the New Zealand international.

"When I told him that he'd still be eligible for NSW under-19s next year, he said to me, 'does that mean I'll play at Suncorp, does that mean I'd play before the Origin'," he said. "He's always loved Origin, he loves the confrontation, he loves the physical stuff."

Waerea-Hargreaves moved to Australia on a golf scholarship (he has a handicap of two) in Queensland but then took up rugby union and was last year signed by the Waratahs for this season.

Wests Tigers, South Sydney, Cronulla and Gold Coast had been monitoring him, while a senior New Zealand rugby official had flown to Sydney to watch him play. But after yesterday discussing his future via satellite phone with his father, who is in Iraq serving as a contracted engineer with the US military, Waerea-Hargreaves opted for Manly.

Waerea-Hargreaves had a brief stint in league before he moved to Australia and is good friends with young Broncos sensation Dave Taylor. He met Hasler about three weeks ago and watched Manly play Souths at Telstra Stadium on Monday night.

Sea Eagles chief executive Grant Mayer said he was "excited" about the signing.

Waratahs coach Ewen McKenzie said while it was "very disappointing" to lose Waerea-Hargreaves, the NRL deal by no means signalled that he was lost to union. "Manly made a substantial offer for a guy his age, way over what we could match. He has made a decision and I understand why - it's too good an offer for him to pass up," he said. "It is a two-year deal and we will obviously watch him with interest … and we may try and bring him back."

The Waratahs' difficulty was that, while Waerea-Hargreaves shows tremendous potential, he is unproven in the representative arena, having played just two games for the Rays in the ARC.

"He is a young guy still growing," McKenzie said. "We still think there is improvement there. We have got to put it into perspective … he is still a kid."

However, McKenzie has no doubt the "kid" can make a big impact in league. "He has definitely got the attributes to succeed in league. He is a very aggressive player and will certainly be useful [for Manly]," he said.

Rays coach John McKee said Waerea-Hargreaves's omission for the Gold Coast match had nothing to do with his decision to switch codes. "It is a bit of a squad rotation," McKee said of the team selection. "He has played nearly all of our first two games and we're giving an opportunity to some other guys."

Asked whether Waerea-Hargreaves might return to rugby union, Newton said: "He'll have both codes up his sleeve. He's still got to prove himself in the NRL. But 'BK' never went back."

Didn't MH say that the player was someone who missed out on all black selction for the world cup?

This guy wouldn't have even been considered.

Why can't I be stalked by a tall blonde 22 year old (yeah - I like older women) called Ingrid?

Am I asking too much here?

We can time-share Ryan. She does me between 7-11.

Oh..and brush up on your swedish. She gets all thing when we try and speak it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6