New rules effect on Manly ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Levi had enough talent to be recognised as a NZ rep player in a knights team that struggled to win 3 games in a season. I can’t wait to see what he does after a few games under the genius that is Des
Our whole season depends on Levi stepping up and doin us proud. He got the best team and best coach too reach his full potential . Hope he goes hard!

Our whole season depends on Levi stepping up and doin us proud. He got the best team and best coach too reach his full potential . Hope he goes hard!
I reckon you are 100% on the money...but time will tell,,,,, I got Levi to score a try into Manly win today...but gamble responsibly....

We were penalised on the 6 again tonight the most out of any team over this weekend.

If we do the same against Parra next week, they will punish us.

One area for Des to work on.

We were penalised on the 6 again tonight the most out of any team over this weekend.

I don't think we need to worry about that. We were very good in defence again and the eels will crumple as they grow frustrated. A lot of the reason behind the high amount of six-again sets being conceded was through sympathy for the Dogs so there will be less. Big game but a huge opportunity to crush the hopes of Eels fans and I can't wait.

Interesting stat, XV-1. Gotta say I have no idea why the tackle count is re-set most of the time. Seems like the ref can just decide it's time if he feels like it.
Yep I get the sense it’s a square up we’ll help someone along tool now the second ref can’t be blamed for chirping in....

Let's not forget who we played tonight.

The Dogs game plan is to drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

I'm not worried in the slightest how we adapted to the new rules.

The Fox commentator made a perceptive observation, speculating that refs seem to subconsciously give the teams behind on the scoreboard a leg-up with the six-again calls.
It certainly seemed like that in the last 15 minutes of the match.

The Fox commentator made a perceptive observation, speculating that refs seem to subconsciously give the teams behind on the scoreboard a leg-up with the six-again calls.
It certainly seemed like that in the last 15 minutes of the match.

I can't recall that happening in the the Eels, Broncos match.

Levi was given 10 min sin bin for the Eagles repeated ruck infringements in the 2nd half - did not hurt us as only 20 seconds to go. We were one of the worst offenders in 2019 as well.

as some have mentioned, it's hard to tell why 6 again is called and not called. Happens so fast, can't really analyze it either.

Will be interesting how this rule goes during the year.

The SMH is using the tackle when Levi got sent to the bin as an example of the new rules working. Really? Levi was guilty, but so was the Dog player who milked the thing good and proper just to make sure Cecchin intervened. He could have stayed where he was tackled & just played the ball. So one of the new rules the NRL said was teams would lose possession for milking. How about that rule SMH & NRL? Has the Dogs player been sent a written warning this week?

NRL 2020: Six again? What are the NRL rule changes?

Extra tweaking to the 6 again rule. Not square markers or markers leaving early can now earn the opposition a 6 again call.

Referees will immediately re-start the tackle count when markers are not square or break early at the play-the-ball after changes were made to the new six-again rule established this season.

The ARLC approved the amendment to the rule on Tuesday in a bid to prevent teams from using markers to gain an unfair advantage.

Referees retain the right to issue a penalty and put players in the sin bin for persistent ruck infringements and professional fouls.

Souths are screwed then.

Agree...but it still needs refs to apply it even if the team is protected.

Inglis once was always allowed to take 2 big steps past the markers.
sCam can still whisper to refs

etc.

Though I'm sure it'll be... consistent.

ah
ah
ah...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Agree...but it still needs refs to apply it even if the team is protected.

Inglis once was always allowed to take 2 big steps past the markers.
sCam can still whisper to refs

etc.

Though I'm sure it'll be... consistent.

ah
ah
ah...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Watch for players playing the ball to milk this adjustment to the rule even more than they already do

North Queensland Cowboys coach Paul Green has warned the NRL of catering too much to the offensive side of the game after the latest amendment to the six-again rule.

The new ARLC approved amendment will allow referees to immediately re-start a tackle count when markers are not square or break early at the play-the-ball.

The rule change was enshrined on Tuesday and has been implemented in a bid to prevent teams from using markers to gain an unfair advantage.

However, by making the rule more punitive towards defenders, Green says the NRL is playing a dangerous game.

"I think they've got to be really careful because you can't change the fabric of the game too much so that you're rewarding one side of the footy more than the other. Defence is also an equally important part of the game," he told 2GB's Wide World of Sports Radio.

wwos

North Queensland Cowboys coach Paul Green has warned the NRL of catering too much to the offensive side of the game after the latest amendment to the six-again rule.

The new ARLC approved amendment will allow referees to immediately re-start a tackle count when markers are not square or break early at the play-the-ball.

The rule change was enshrined on Tuesday and has been implemented in a bid to prevent teams from using markers to gain an unfair advantage.

However, by making the rule more punitive towards defenders, Green says the NRL is playing a dangerous game.

"I think they've got to be really careful because you can't change the fabric of the game too much so that you're rewarding one side of the footy more than the other. Defence is also an equally important part of the game," he told 2GB's Wide World of Sports Radio.

wwos
I think he’s spot on. There are already some big scores being put on and I hope they aren’t being influenced by the drab, low scoring issues currently plaguing the AFL. The balance needs to be right here, it’s not touch football.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6