New Rules 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought the 6-again rule was for all ruck infringements, including being offside (within the 10 metres)?

Also not sure how I feel about the 2 point field goal rule...I'm thinking our game may start to resemble rugby union with this rule introduction.
Yeah that was my first thought about the field goal. We don’t want to detract from scoring tries, but from 40 metres away it will be more of a desperation move or buzzer beater play.

I like these changes, and the side that should struggle the most against them is the Storm. But I thought that about the 6 again rule change last year. Unfortunately the Storm are just the best in the comp at breaking rules without getting pinged for it.

YES. Cricket (white ball). The T20 is a joke. I don't know why they persist with bowlers; simply use a bowling machine and ask the batsman what type of delivery they'd prefer to hit.
i agree re cricket I love the ODI’s and test over T20 any day but this generation of kids only know T20 and don’t have the time to sit through long matches

I like these changes, and the side that should struggle the most against them is the Storm. But I thought that about the 6 again rule change last year. Unfortunately the Storm are just the best in the comp at breaking rules without getting pinged for it.
The storm didn't touch the ball with feet when playing the ball at all in 2020. I wonder if it will ever be enforced. Would be an interesting captain's challenge - "hey ref he didn't play the ball properly in the lead up to the try"

None of the changes are necessary, so why bother?

There only two rule changes I want:
  1. It should not to be a penalty on half-way when a kick-off goes out on the full. It is the most disproportionate penalty to actual infringement in the game. Make it a 7 tackle set from the 20m or the point at which the ball goes out on the full if before the 20m line.
  2. The 7 tackle 20m restart for attacking kicks that go dead is stupid.
The NRL fixing these rules is all I want for Christmas.

None of the changes are necessary, so why bother?

There only two rule changes I want:
  1. It should not to be a penalty on half-way when a kick-off goes out on the full. It is the most disproportionate penalty to actual infringement in the game. Make it a 7 tackle set from the 20m or the point at which the ball goes out on the full if before the 20m line.
  2. The 7 tackle 20m restart for attacking kicks that go dead is stupid.
The NRL fixing these rules is all I want for Christmas.
Agree with 1.

Unfortunately if you take away 2. all playmakers will be happy to tactically kick dead again when leading and we saw how ridiculous this got

Agree with 1.

Unfortunately if you take away 2. all playmakers will be happy to tactically kick dead again when leading and we saw how ridiculous this got
By an attacking kick I would be prescriptive - a kick within 30m of the try line. No attacking team would deliberately kick it dead from that close...

• 🤝
Reactions: bSw
Is there any other sport that feels the need to change the rules every year (including in the middle of the season)?

Yes, Rugby Union have been doing it for 20 years, to the extent that no one knows the rules and can no longer be bothered with the game.

I don't mind most of the changes, but there are too many for players, crowds and I suspect, even refs to understand.

There will be tweaks to these changes before the season starts, as the punters start saying, " hold on...but what about if.....?"

By an attacking kick I would be prescriptive - a kick within 30m of the try line. No attacking team would deliberately kick it dead from that close...
Have seen this done unfortunately a few times in the dying moments of a game, or if the attacking team was a player down for example, so that they could re-set their line, get a breather, run the clock down, and avoid any potential ricochets etc

The more we get to players playing and less we get to referees refereeing the better we’ll be.

Some of the best games in the last 20-30 years were those State of Origin games when the penalty count used to be 2-1.

I agree with @John Nicholson , Rugby Union is so involved now that most fans don’t have a clue what’s going on and it’s just a penaltython aimed to see who has the best kicker, as boring as bat ****.

More bs to add to the game that looks and feels like touch footy. Great! I say put Gus in charge so he can make NRL great again!

Sack the bunker
Sack the set restart BS
Keep 1 ref.
Get technology for forward passes only ie gps in the footballs or overhead cameras i dont care. Something!
No BS 2 point field goal. **** is that about... make it great again bring in Gus Gould

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2