New NRL Ad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I agree she's a great choice. Also if we had rugby league new faces this year Benny barba in drag with a wig could do a fantastic Jessica.

bob dylan said:
I love the ad and love Jessica Mauboy.

She is a great choice, a very talented Aussie.

Must admit I thought they might have used the Dropkick Murphys new song The Boys Are Back. Maybe Manly should use this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU35uZx8dbE

A better one would be Kiss me I'm ****faced.
Good band though.

Seriously no matter what visuals you put in the Ad without a great choice of track it is not going to hold anyone's interest during the commercial breaks.

The thing about the Tina Turner Ads is you looked forward to seeing them from so many perspectives for all sexes. You sang along with the track, you imagined yourself in the highlights reel making the big play, the ladies loved the sex appeal of our stars etc etc.

You need to bring out the players personalities you need to feel the energy of the game and you want to be singing along and think of the game even when you are not watching the Ad.

Every Ad since the Turner period has been boring to say the least.

For starters i would go with a two pronged approach using a high energy 90's dance track polished out for today, and a fast tempo rock track version, both placed at varying times of the day and night to suit the demographic and mindset. (even a hip hop track like "lose yourself" Eminem)

None of this C-grade Bon Jovi album filler crap that is worthy of only "the B side" seriously these Ads are borrrriiiinnnnnng. Sick of a weak chorus that is only used to fill the time to the next verse and does not make you have that "I can't wait to sing the chorus" feel about it.

bob dylan said:

Must admit I thought they might have used the Dropkick Murphys new song The Boys Are Back. Maybe Manly should use this one.

Going by the chorus"the boys are back and they're looking for trouble". It's a song the Scumdogs could use.

Thumbs up from me. Not the best campaign but not the worst either. I don't mind it.

Technical Coach said:
Seriously no matter what visuals you put in the Ad without a great choice of track it is not going to hold anyone's interest during the commercial breaks.

The thing about the Tina Turner Ads is you looked forward to seeing them from so many perspectives for all sexes. You sang along with the track, you imagined yourself in the highlights reel making the big play, the ladies loved the sex appeal of our stars etc etc.

You need to bring out the players personalities you need to feel the energy of the game and you want to be singing along and think of the game even when you are not watching the Ad.

For starters i would go with a two pronged approach using a high energy 90's dance track polished out for today, and a fast tempo rock track version, both placed at varying times of the day and night to suit the demographic and mindset. (even a hip hop track like "lose yourself" Eminem)

None of this C-grade Bon Jovi album filler crap that is worthy of only "the B side" seriously these Ads are borrrriiiinnnnnng. Sick of a weak chorus that is only used to fill the time to the next verse and does not make you have that "i cant wait to sing the chorus" feel about it.
Don't get technical :D

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Technical Coach said:

None of this C-grade Bon Jovi album filler crap that is worthy of only "the B side" seriously these Ads are borrrriiiinnnnnng. Sick of a weak chorus that is only used to fill the time to the next verse and does not make you have that "i cant wait to sing the chorus" feel about it.
Don't get technical :D

I was thinking the same so i kept it simple and short minus the technical points.

In all honesty the production levels of the Turner Ads can't be faulted, very polished had character,energy and lasting appeal---many advertising agencies worldwide considered the effort ahead of it's time.

The NRL will point to the natural growth of the game and pat themselves on the back as if the marketing campaign made a difference but it's only the "product" at the moment that is selling the game. (i hate the term "product" in describing league)

It annoys me big time when commentators and leading figures in the game describe our game in terms of "we have the best product" really makes the game feel cold and lacking heart with an arrogant feel about it.

I'd suggest Neil Young's "The needle and the damage done " might be a good fit for this year.

bob dylan said:

I suggested this on another site and do gooder said its not a good look for the nrl to have a song with the lyrics "and their looking for trouble" low and behold it becomes the AFL's song.

Way to stuff things up nrl

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4