New NRL Ad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't like it. But then again its not targeted at me.
This ad is for the potential rugby league fan, not the bloke who has been watching it for aeons. This ad is clearly trying to engage women, children, and young girls.

In todays Telegraph:

'The NRL says its is prepared to roll the dice and keep stricken superstar Ben Barba in its million dollar advertising campaign - but purely on the advice of the Bulldogs.'

It's a pity they didn't afford Brett Stewart the same luxury on the advice of his club four years ago.
And i think the new ad is crap. They should have been using Tina Turners 'Simply The Best' every year since they first used it all those years ago and just changed the images each year.

I don't like it, largely for what they've done to the song. Etta James must be rolling in her grave at that version.

But as above, I'm not in the target audience.

I never like the new adds, the new songs or anything new for that matter. This may be the exception. Some people that are more racially motivated may disagree though. I like it.

How long till people make jokes about domestic violence? "Something's got a hold on me and it won't let go". Or gambling addiction even.

mozgrame said:
I never like the new adds, the new songs or anything new for that matter. This may be the exception. Some people that are more racially motivated may disagree though. I like it.

So those of us that don't like it, are possibly being racist? Lol. What about the people who like the Tina Turner ad? She isn't exactly white herself? What a ridiculous comment.

I don't understand why you would spend so much money on something as pedestrian as this ad.

Advertising is intended to have an impact; is meant to stand out.

This ad does neither.

bones said:
mozgrame said:

So those of us that don't like it, are possibly being racist? Lol. What about the people who like the Tina Turner ad? She isn't exactly white herself? What a ridiculous comment.

Haha...not at all. I just wouldn't imagine there would be too many KKK, footy fans cheering and punching the air when the add comes on. lol. I was actually referring to the majority of try scorers more than the entertainer.

mozgrame said:
bones said:
mozgrame said:

Haha...not at all. I just wouldn't imagine there would be too many KKK, footy fans cheering and punching the air when the add comes on. lol

Lol ok. Sorry I misinterpreted your post. I do still find it a bizarre comment though ..lol.

bones said:
mozgrame said:
bones said:
mozgrame said:

Haha...not at all. I just wouldn't imagine there would be too many KKK, footy fans cheering and punching the air when the add comes on. lol

Lol ok. Sorry I misinterpreted your post. I do still find it a bizarre comment though ..lol.

Really?? You are the King of bizarre comments. I thought you would have enjoyed the humour in it. :p :D LOL

I like it. Obviously I'm in the minority and not part of the target audience.

Lets face it. The target audience should be prospective new fans. For most of us they would be preaching to the choir. That would be a waste of money.

Frank said:
I like it. Obviously I'm in the minority and not part of the target audience.

Lets face it. The target audience should be prospective new fans. For most of us they would be preaching to the choir. That would be a waste of money.

Exactly. Also, after the dogs efforts with the female journo last year..you would expect the NRL to go into "family friendly" overdrive. Good on them! I like it. Well done!

old..ish farts like me have no idea who is singing the song (Im still stuck in the 60s) but I think they have done a great job with this and it will be a winner. The kids that are playing in the back yard today will be the faces of the game in a decade.

I was under the impression that the Bon Jovi ad had another year to run and part of the condition of that was Bon Jovi doing at least one NRL grand final performance?

Well at least we know Jessica cant pass a footy!

But I don't mind it. I couldn't stand the bon jovi rubbish over the last couple of years.

We all agree tina's was 'simply the best' but nice editing and an Aussie singing the song isn't all bad imho.

And it's not often I type...imho!

As HH said, blow that whistle ref!

Edit: For Earnie.... it's Jessica Mauboy

@[Earnie the Eagle]

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8