New Jersey just released..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silver

Reserve Grader
Lads,

Just saw the new jersey on MSE. No collar as predicted - now it just looks like a t-shirt. I am not a fan of being collar-less, doesn't look like footy jersey! Still the same stripe style..

Maybe they looked at the Grand Final and thought if Broncos and Storm could be there without a collar, maybe that is the change we need to make.

Can't believe the price I must say. Is league the working man's game???

I like them. Quite impressive if you ask me. Collars are for the ol' folk. Hehehehe...Sorry Canteen...

Juts wait until the fire sales this time next year - you can pick it up for probably about $80

They must have worked until the early hours coming up with the design for the Strathfield arm patch :roll:
Clubs cannot introduce new designs yet the NRL logo is a different colour and the strip has changed enough so that it looks new. Just one more effort in gouging bucks out of the fans.

god I hope they release the next one with kleenex ladies

They must have worked until the early hours coming up with the design for the Strathfield arm patch :roll:
Clubs cannot introduce new designs yet the NRL logo is a different colour and the strip has changed enough so that it looks new. Just one more effort in gouging bucks out of the fans.

The patches on the arms are now imprinted IN the arm, and again, less to grab at. So I think it's a LITTLE different mate.

Agree though - everything is designed in league to gouge money out of fans. I get membership news, and they are predominantly sales pitches.

Nothing about how training is going etc, or how injuries are being managed, or what Premier League Players are leaving the shores etc..

It's just what sales there are at the moment etc. What jerseys we can buy, what specials there are. I get junk mail everyday in the mail box, and that costs me nothing. All I ask for is a little more. A note regarding Chris Hicks ankle injury. A note regarding Jason Kings pelvis surgery. A note regarding Steve Matai's court case. Not "Give us $180-, we'll give you a jersey", and that's it !!!

I'm glad I'm a member for THOSE - NOT.

$180 is way too much for something that will be out of date in a year or two, I bought the new Aussie cricket shirt for $100, it will probably be out of date by March but for $100 I don't mind too much, it's not plastered with ****ty sponsors too.

The "less to grab" excuse is laughable, I've played league for 15 years and can't say I've ever had enough problems with collar grabbing to think of taking a machete to it. If anything it is the shorts that cop the last desperate grab, skin tight shorts are next then?

Disgraceful, wont waste my money on it

Might just get a training t-shirt, would look pretty similar for less than half price

The \"less to grab\" excuse is laughable, I've played league for 15 years and can't say I've ever had enough problems with collar grabbing to think of taking a machete to it. If anything it is the shorts that cop the last desperate grab, skin tight shorts are next then?
George Rose is a man ahead of his time

The \"less to grab\" excuse is laughable, I've played league for 15 years and can't say I've ever had enough problems with collar grabbing to think of taking a machete to it. If anything it is the shorts that cop the last desperate grab, skin tight shorts are next then?

Its not like it occurs in every game but I have seen numerous times over the season players pulled down when someone has managed to get hold of a collar (without the collar the player could have made a break or scored a try etc). Worth it imo, could even result in a 1 try that wins us a game or improves a for and against.

Will have to move to ankle high socks soon too, coz someone might grab hold of the peice of extra fabric there

Maybe Matai is on to something by having his hair short - crew cuts for all the players so they can't get grabbed by the hair :drunk:

Put it this way though guys. The professionals who play obviously feel collars are a detriment. My reason for saying this is that Brent Kite actually goes out of his way each game to turn his collar in.

These guys aren't bum like us who when making a tackle, would just try and stop the player by hower means available. They know exact precision where to grab a player, and in some instances, this may mean the collar.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4