NEW IMMORTALS JUDGES

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rackets

Doin' the eagle rock 🦅
This from Buzz at the DT:

NEW IMMORTALS JUDGES

THERE have been some significant changes to the judging panel that will vote for rugby league’s next Immortals to be revealed on Wednesday night.

Your columnist, veteran 2GB commentator Ray Hadley and Rugby League Week’s founding editor Geoff Prenter have been axed.

In a major snub, Prenter has not even been invited to the official dinner at the SCG on Wednesday night.

As part of the changes, Todd Greenberg has appointed himself as a judge.

Phil Gould has been invited on, which is a good move, considering his experience and achievements in the game.

So too has Fox Sports boss Steve Crawley, who is best remembered as the journalist who broke the arguably the biggest story in rugby league history on the front page of The Australian in the mid 90s — the impending Super League war.

That'll do me!! How this flog gets away with this is beyond me.
He might as well induct himself as the best ever. :swear:

This is plain wrong

I have just tweeted him, pushing my own case.

Why wasnt I considered? I have read every book, newspaper article and magazine for the past 45 years. I watch every game every week.

I need to know how I get get a gig here because I am totally qualified for the position.

The next Immortal is none other than Todd Greenburg for his contributions to the game as an administrator... oh and Darren Lockyer to keep the QLDers happy and make sure nothing can be done about his reign.

Surely Anthony Mundine must come into the calculations for Immortal Status. As they say a legend in his own Mind.

This from Buzz at the DT:

NEW IMMORTALS JUDGES

THERE have been some significant changes to the judging panel that will vote for rugby league’s next Immortals to be revealed on Wednesday night.

Your columnist, veteran 2GB commentator Ray Hadley and Rugby League Week’s founding editor Geoff Prenter have been axed.

In a major snub, Prenter has not even been invited to the official dinner at the SCG on Wednesday night.

As part of the changes, Todd Greenberg has appointed himself as a judge.

Phil Gould has been invited on, which is a good move, considering his experience and achievements in the game.

So too has Fox Sports boss Steve Crawley, who is best remembered as the journalist who broke the arguably the biggest story in rugby league history on the front page of The Australian in the mid 90s — the impending Super League war.

That'll do me!! How this flog gets away with this is beyond me.
He might as well induct himself as the best ever. :swear:
Is there nothing this self absorbed pretender won't stick his nose in to? This important part of our games history should be determined by rugby league historians, past greats & journalists with no less than 30 years experience covering our once great game. That, combined with statistical information enables them to make an informed and authentic contribution to the debate. This 'Johnny come lately' by comparison, has been around for 5 minutes! His arrogance knows no bounds & the really sad part is he would not have the self-awareness to foresee the understandable outrage from genuine fans of the game. Given his administrations' less than glorious governance of our game, including himself in the Immortals program by stealth, just raises more questions than it answers.

At my work I'm seen as a bit of a rugby league nutter. In recent years, I've become more and more disenfranchised with the direction of the game. Some people have asked me what's wrong with the game and it's direction? That's a very very hard thing to articulate in a short period of time, or with a one sentence answer.

If anything to me sums up the problems with rugby league, Greenberg appointing himself as an immortal judge is the perfect example.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/ccaf2e4811abecffa5d6b4cae9484ad3

“I would’ve voted for Norm Provan!” Prenter told Fox Sports. “I voted for him last time when Andrew Johns got on... That’s maybe why they dumped me.”

“I’m a Provan fan I would’ve voted for Provan this time... that could be the conspiracy.

“Maybe they realise there’s a Provan bloc there and they don’t want it.”

I see Gloria jones has been blowing up because someone wasted an hour of his precious time by inviting him and univiting him from the judging panel. We all know he would have voted for Brian smith anyway.

If anything to me sums up the problems with rugby league, Greenberg appointing himself as an immortal judge is the perfect example.
He needs to be there to ensure the selection is best from his positive-spin/game-now-greater-than-ever propaganda campaign perspective.

The last thing he wants is the simple acknowledgement of the best and most influential players, chosen by people with some expertise. That would be a wasted marketing opportunity for Greenberg and he won’t allow it.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8