NEW HOOKER

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He played for 20 minutes a few weeks ago, hard to judge on that, but my opinion is based on that time it would be better to see a more experienced player in that position. He seemed slower and off the pace, but thats harsh judgement.

Its tough to win a comp without a good number 9 so I imagine we will figure out where we are this week. They will target him so I hope he can tackle better than his cousin

He,s credentials state on the team stats say that he's very good in defence
i was just wondering if anyone has seen him in reserves ,surely he has something going for him..............remember.........Rick Chisholm

Dan said:
He played for 20 minutes a few weeks ago, hard to judge on that, but my opinion is based on that time it would be better to see a more experienced player in that position. He seemed slower and off the pace, but thats harsh judgement.

Its tough to win a comp without a good number 9 so I imagine we will figure out where we are this week. They will target him so I hope he can tackle better than his cousin

I totally agree with you.
He's hardly what you would call "tried and tested" in first grade.
I would rather go with Littlejohn. At least he has more time in first grade and he can do those 40/20s + Field Goals.

Hodges played 3 games with the Cowboys last year plus one off the bench this year........littlejohn hasnt played much more than 4 games

Hodges is the way to go, lets get behind the lad

Hodges could have been playing most of the year off the bench but we chose to go with Ballin for 80 minutes with Buhrer as our back up. This is the risk we took.

You cannot expect him to be a top quality NRL hooker as our 3rd in line however if he can tackle ok and give decent service then he will have done his job. There is no way I would play him for the full 80 minutes so someone will have to rotate with him, my guess would be littlejohn who offers cover in other positions as well

We saw a hooker on Sunday plucked out of NSW Cup without one single minute of NRL game time do ok.

Hodges will be surrounded by some of the best players in the game, have faith everyone, he's no superstar but he will be fine........I hope!!!

I watched all the games he played for cowboys late last year as i heard he was coming to manly, I thought he was real good. Crisp passes, lots of energy and good defense. I think he was a bit nervous when he played that game with us this year. Don't be surprised if his inclusion and energy lifts us this weekend. I have no doubt this kid is here for a reason, Cowboys were reportedly devastated he left.

Mark from Brisbane said:
We saw a hooker on Sunday plucked out of NSW Cup without one single minute of NRL game time do ok.

Hodges will be surrounded by some of the best players in the game, have faith everyone, he's no superstar but he will be fine........I hope!!!

different rules apply to manly, like all our forwards including back ups needing to be worthy of representing Australia or they are just crap

Until he's given a go we'll never really know. This is the kind of game and experience where a youngster could really come in and show his wares. I think the big thing is that our forwards really need to tighten up the middle. Ballins 50 tackles needs to be absorbed by all.

The hooking role will be shared between hodges and horo.

Hope that hodges has a blinder and wins the game for us so that souths and the rorters play each other again next week

The regular Players will lift to help fill the huge defensive effort required by Hodgo.

Blessing in disguise as they will all be focused and Manly should be Minor Premiers in 2014 :)

Hodges was not a Cowboys discard, he was wrestled from their ranks with huge wraps all round! He is not some fringe player getting opportunity, he is major coup about to take his first steps towards a bright future as Manly's first choice hooker when Ballin retires. This was part of a very deliberate and astute succession plan by Manly that happened to come into effect earlier than hoped.

In a way its good that he gets to play a full game in Rd26 not wk1 of the finals. It should help a little with his nerves and hopefully build his confidence.

No he is not our beloved MB, but is a talented kid who im sure will give it his all.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2