New Eastern Stand at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
There has been some talk of a mention of a new Eastern Stand at Brookie. Was there a mention of it in a recent daily. Except when I visit my in-laws (little as possible :lol: ) I don't get the Daily except on line and I couldn't find anything.

I have read a few of the predictable "No Hill, NO Brookie" responses from the intelligensia on MSE but am wondering if there is anything to this story.

Brookie is in urgent need of upgrade but getting council and state money is likely to be easy as finding icebergs in the Sahara Desert.

Will at the momment all they are doing is kite flying in the hope of snagging some money for redevelopment before the elections next year.

The worry for the club is that I haven't heard one politician come out and publicly back the club and go into bat for the additional funding reuqired. Bishop/Abbott have gone MIA, forget state politicians they (peninsula liberal MPs) will still be in opposition and as for the warringah council??? Forget Dick Perrson I am sure he supports Parramatta.

IMO they might get funding to upgrade & expand the Jane Try Stand but I have feeling they will not get the dollars required for a full ground redevelopment & therefore an Eastern grand stand on the hill will still be a pipe dream for a few years yet.

I agree with Wheel. It wont happen and to be honest I don't think it needs to.

All they require is a lazy mill to upgrade the amenities.

Nah. It needs an upgrade. I love the suburban ground concept and Brookie has something that most don't but in a professional era the sort of stadium needed is a heck of a lot better. In the end it could cost a place in the comp if it is not done.

I hate stadium style and grandstand seating. I really do prefer the hill

I still reakon you can have it something like at marathon where the front terreces are the existing hill and a grandstand is build on top with all the ameneties buil it.

I've posted on this issue in the past. There's absolutely no need for additional plastic seating at Brookie. The stands at the ground are horrible so any redevelopment should start with upgrading them. The Jane try stand is obsolete and hideous. Unfortunately, or fortunately, you wont get any more than twenty thousand at a match however it goes and this number can adequately be catered for with just upgrading the stands and leaving wonderful hill area as is. Anyone who has gone to watch footie at Penrith or Cronulla or Parra, or any other stadium that has parallel seating can experience a dull night. Leave the 'hill' or 'grass sloping side' shere the the fans who can't/won't pay extra to sit their bums on plastic alone. The game must preserve its working class origins.

Nah. It needs an upgrade. I love the suburban ground concept and Brookie has something that most don't but in a professional era the sort of stadium needed is a heck of a lot better. In the end it could cost a place in the comp if it is not done.

There is a great stadium up Gosford way that is underused at the moment perhaps we could play some of our home games there

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

There is a great stadium up Gosford way that is underused at the moment perhaps we could play some of our home games there

[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Been there, done that!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Heaven forbid, though I see the club has signed away a home game to fill the coffers when we play the Druggos!!!

Worth saying that I love Brookie and hate the Parra Stadium feel, though the viewing areas are much better. Nothing beats Brookie but in this manufactured, sterile and safe world the push will come for all seated plastic and the club will ultimately be forced to look to go that way.

The Daily reported that the new eastern grand stand will be built behind the hill along with a new link stand. They also mentioned that a community centre would be under the stand.

We have been lucky that the recent drought has meant few wet games, particularly as we have owners who need to justify their investment and reduced crowds would have spelt the club's death knell.

Like it as not kiddies, when we signed the club over to Max and Co. we also signed the death warrant for the Hill. So be sentimental as much as you like, but the reality is, the vast majority of you blubberers won't be turning up to stand on the Hill for a wet game either.

The El Nino is forecast to break in March 2007.

The El Nino is forecast to break in March 2007.

Nah it is going to break earlier than that.

The pommy cricket team was seen today at the SCG doing a rain dance as rain is the only thing that can ave them form being the first team in 86 years to get beaten 5 nil in an ashes series.

By the sound of the forecast for the next week they might just get their wish. Bugger.

Sydney is not the bloody bush mate. Who gives a rat's if you get rain, given it runs off your bitumen and out to sea.

Because our governments are too useless to harvest the storm water.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4