New Eastern Stand at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
do you carry youor sythe with you everywhere. You seem rather full figured to be walking around in that ragge black cloak mort!

well im on the hill in the wet - 2004 it rained almost every game, works well as the beer lines are shorter.

I don't think that wanting to keep the hill can be written off as sentimentality. It's a better atmosphere, and offerers people choice. I for one find it quite difficult to sit down at a game and I'd rather stand on the hill in the rain than sit there miserable & motionless in a plastic seat.
Brooky is the best ground to watch footy from in the comp because (largely) of the hill not despite of it
They may need to spend cash on toilets & refreshment outlets but the hill is the drawcard & the stands are no different to anywhere else.

Would a win/win scenario be to erect a large roof area over the existing hill? surely this is possible and it would be unique. The supports to the superstructure could also house additional toilets, bars etc - possible even corporate boxes.

So essentially you have a superstructure at the top of the Hill and retain the slope underneath. Would accomodate a lot more than seating and also guarantee a dry backside. Cost less too.

And still have grass under?

You can get shade tolerant grasses that would thrive in that environment, particularly if you put the odd clear panel on the roof.

Sir Walter buffalo would be great and requires little water and is low alergenic. I'm sure I could get them a good price.

With thousands of people walking all over it.?
Would it get contaminated from other grasses easily?

Sounds like a good idea if it would work.

Have Vergola instal their open/close roofing and do a contra deal inclusive of some sort of shorts/sleeve type sponsorship + naming rights for something + free corp box for Vergola management.

That would allow grass, be a unique feature of Brookie oval and minimise capital outlay for the club.

**** why dont we just install a "queensland room"

we need to move forward, we need to upgrade, if that means building a eastern grandstand then that is the wya we should go, more bums on seats = more money for the club - tell me the harm.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4