New Coach - NSW CUP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Been appointed after beating off a few "reputable" options, the new coach of the NSW Cup Blacktown Seaeagles is Nathan Hogan, who I know has been involved at Souths and Roosters in recent times.
Apparently a hard task master (which is good) and has some old school values, but held in high regard in rugby league circles.
Time will tell, but for a side that will field a strong roster including many youngsters who have "NRL Potential", hopefully is the perfect option at this time.
Personally have heard about him for a while as a good operator from pretty good judges, so I expect an improved NSW cup side, but more importantly, the rise of some highly respected talent at a time you want the right leaders around them - seems a good option.

Any relation to Paul @maxta ???

a86a7d96b31a2c8d48d038d1f3054ced

Could well be Bozo and as you see, he knows how to motivate :hi:
You are 100 % on motivation feathered friend

A great coach greatest ability is to inspire and motivate and get the best from his players .
To run on the field and die for him . Like inspired soldiers run out and die for their Country
1638487723887.jpeg

Probably need Ryan to suggest some interesting yart team options but should be some promising and capable players for him to mentor . Young Humphries and Weeks , Sione Fainu , most likely Burbo Bullemor De Luis ,Gorden che lum ? the up and coming 9 , even maybe koula all at least initially . Then the experience of Jorge , Boyle . Simona and no doubt others . Anyway interesting times

Pretty sure he was Matt Ballins' assistant during the past 2 years? So if he was part of the coaching staff during some disappointing years (albeit COVID) I am not too confident moving forward.

Pretty sure he was Matt Ballins' assistant during the past 2 years? So if he was part of the coaching staff during some disappointing years (albeit COVID) I am not too confident moving forward.
Ballin is a PT - an awesome fitness trainer and a better bloke, but that does not make him a great coach.
An offsider has a limited input, there were plenty who would take this gig, so I reckon we are in pretty good hands.

Probably need Ryan to suggest some interesting yart team options but should be some promising and capable players for him to mentor . Young Humphries and Weeks , Sione Fainu , most likely Burbo Bullemor De Luis ,Gorden che lum ? the up and coming 9 , even maybe koula all at least initially . Then the experience of Jorge , Boyle . Simona and no doubt others . Anyway interesting times
Would be good to see the boys notch up a lot more wins next season, it's been a while since our reserves cracked the semis.

They have the cattle to more than challenge, so I expect a good showing, but personally most keen to see the young guns, who should be fighting for NRL spots in the future, some the "Very near" future and to have good coaching staff at this time is imperative.

Reminds me of the old joke about the new recruit at a club. The coach says 'Go hard for 40 min, then I'll pull you off at half time'. The new recruit replies 'Geez, at my old club all we got was oranges'
whats all this about young strong men pushing every shiny sinew of sweaty muscle and going at it hard with each other for 40 minutes and then getting pulled off a half time ???,
How long has this been going on for ,,,,I mean why wasn't I told !!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8