New CEO?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lyall Gorman, Tim Cleary, Joe Kelly, David Perry, Grant Mayer, Graham Lowe, Paul Cummings, Pat Wilson and Ian Thomson

9 in 16 years - they last one year and 8 months on average

Lyall Gorman, Tim Cleary, Joe Kelly, David Perry, Grant Mayer, Graham Lowe, Paul Cummings, Pat Wilson and Ian Thomson

Not sure who was the biggest disappointment out of that lot

The Board of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce the appointment of Stephen Humphreys as Chief Executive Officer, effective 1st of November 2019.

Humphreys has had a lifelong involvement with Rugby League, playing First Grade for the Balmain Tigers, entering the travel industry during his playing career, culminating in senior roles for Qantas and ultimately a Divisional CEO role of a listed Travel company.

Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn said Stephen brings a wealth of sports administration, commercial business nous and leadership experience to the Club.

“We’re excited to have been able to entice Stephen back to Rugby League to lead us through what we believe is an extremely bright future for the Sea Eagles. Stephen joins the club at the perfect time, where the Club is enjoying positive momentum both on and off the field.’’ Penn said.

“Stephen has had a highly successful business management career and he brings strong leadership and a proven track record of success to the Club.

“We know Stephen will help the Sea Eagles grow to the next level commercially on and off the field, with his ability to understand what is important to our Members and Corporate Partners, enabling the Club to better connect and engage with the Community to improve everyone’s experience.

“I would like to thank Gary Wolman (Interim CEO) and Brett Manwaring (COO) for successfully leading the administration team during the transition.”

Humphreys said he was excited about the wealth of opportunities that lie ahead at the Sea Eagles.

“I’m delighted to be coming back into the game I love and take responsibility for leading the mighty Sea Eagles at an exciting time for the Club,” Humphreys said.

“My main priority will be to engage with all stakeholders of the Club and make sure we deliver on our promises every week. We have some untapped commercial opportunities that I will be working hard with my management team to deliver, which will allow us to take the Club to new heights.”

Members email
Good appointment made by the club!!

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/10/03/stephen-humphreys-appointed-sea-eagles-ceo/

Last edited:
Your time starts now.....good luck

giphy.gif

I look at it this way ....

If Des can handle the board and get on with his job and keep his job then so can a capable CEO .

CEO's understand the nature of the beast , Shape up or ship out !

Wonder why they bothered adding ‘member since’ on that email. They had mine totally wrong. If you are going to put such info in an email at least try to get to correct. Not very impressed

Wonder why they bothered adding ‘member since’ on that email. They had mine totally wrong. If you are going to put such info in an email at least try to get to correct. Not very impressed

Agreed. They lopped 3 years of mine...

Bit like my ol' whinge about the membership pins.

Still waiting for that 2 year pin.

If you are going to use membership longevity as a carrot to entice people to sign up, you need to get it right.

Haven’t seen Stephen for about a decade but had a lot to do with him in his roles at Avis/British Airways and Qantas.

Very highly connected in a business sense , a great signing IMO.
Ok well I hope my info on him is wrong then. My mail is all the characteristics of one T.B.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8