NEW CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele said:
I'm happy it's not a league person. Too much nepotism in the game and league folk aren't real bright.

Didn't hear any Manly supporters complaining when Arko was in charge

Gould would do better than this bloke who cannot even run a Bank profitably.

tookey said:
Matabele said:
I'm happy it's not a league person. Too much nepotism in the game and league folk aren't real bright.

Didn't hear any Manly supporters complaining when Arko was in charge

Gould would do better than this bloke who cannot even run a Bank profitably.

Times have changed mate

Gould as leader - don't embarrass yourself

He's an experienced CEO of a multi-billion dollar organisation. That's enough for me to give him a chance. On top of this, he won't go into the job with pre-conceived thoughts about specific clubs, i.e. Manly, or non-Super League clubs. This is a very good result for us. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to get their narrow minded heads out of their arses.

Jono said:
He's an experienced CEO of a multi-billion dollar organisation. That's enough for me to give him a chance. On top of this, he won't go into the job with pre-conceived thoughts about specific clubs, i.e. Manly, or non-Super League clubs. This is a very good result for us. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to get their narrow minded heads out of their arses.

Disagree on all points.

Nothing personal about this man, but I am curious about his credentials to manage the daily running of a sporting enterprise.

He is a CEO of multitude of financial Companies that are all loss making under his oversight. Their current business model takes monies from depositors at a low rate and lends them out at a higher rate. Risk management is the only place that the businesses can lose money.
A CEO is there to oversee the operations and mitigate risks, at the minimum.

I question why he would forgo his much larger commercial salary, plus equity and cash bonuses, to CEO a sporting body for reportedly around AU$1 million salary? Its not like the NRL has the prestige of a FIFA or the IOC.

It would be interesting to see what KPI the NRL CEO has to meet and who holds him accountable to these.

Hope the ARLC got it right :s

They seem to have let Channel 9 Advertising Department showcase their product, and ignored the very basis of fair play by the onerous scheduling decisions:mad:

Matabele said:
I notice he's a Roosters fan. Oh great.

Which makes it an even worse decision than I thought it was.
Seriously, all the time they took, all the names that were thrown around, and a Welsh banker with absolutely no knowledge of rugby league or experience in sports administration is the best they could do? Apparently all they ever wanted was somebody "from the big end of town" - even if nobody in the "big end of town" had ever heard of him.

Lloyd's is synonymous with gigantic financial losses and everything that stinks about big banking so not perfect credentials for mine. He also came across as being a bit of a nice guy so not sure how he will measure up in pro-active forward thinking. He may just be a Grant stooge or he may surprise us. I'm happy to give him a chance though. And despite a few Gallop-loving posters on here he must be better imo, and even no CEO is preferable to Dave the sour-faced clown.

So on the commission we have a banker, an ex footy player from the 70's, another from teh 80/90's, a fruiterer and a few others.

Who knows anything about the game, needs of supporters/players anything.

How do they know what Rugby League is. WE r inexperienced....We have a joke of a judiciary and the refs job...Well im still not sold on that one.

Speaking of Gallop, I caught the last couple of minutes of the A League game last night between a red team and a blue team. And there he was looking bored witless, texting rather than watching the concluding stages of a game still in the balance. Not a good look for the game's CEO.

This guy hasn't been on the job for one day yet and he is already getting smashed. Give the bloke a break. I am sure that what he lacks in RL knowledge will be made up for in a strong team of advisors and experts supporting him at RL Central.

Everyone is forgetting the positives to come out of this: Rothfield the toss pot can't complain about there being no CEO, AND we don't have to see John Grant all over the place. What a banker that bloke is.

Matabele said:
Speaking of Gallop, I caught the last couple of minutes of the A League game last night between a red team and a blue team. And there he was looking bored witless, texting rather than watching the concluding stages of a game still in the balance. Not a good look for the game's CEO.

I noticed that too when he was standing and it looked liked he couldn't get out of the joint fast enough.

As for the new NRL guy he would make a great board member with his business prowess but not a CEO, he says he is a big fan of the origin but didn't recognise Cam Smith or Thurston when they were pointed out to him, we need a CEO who actually gives a sh*t about this great game or at least pretends too. We have some major issues to deal with that need urgent attention from the shoulder charge ban, salary cap and stadium issues not to mention a looming strike and he is nowhere to be seen until February.

Didn't even know who the Kangaroos captain was......that'll do me.

I don't know. Maybe not knowing anything about the game will work in his favor. He'll rule with his head not with his heart.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8