New Bryant low

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Roll the tape on the last set of six of the first half.  Bryant called for two successive "surrender" tackles.

Surely he is the player that must make way for the return of Lyon.

Matabele link said:
Roll the tape on the last set of six of the first half.  Bryant called for two successive \"surrender\" tackles.

Cant see it being anyone else

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178291.msg195092#msg195092 date=1220268276]
Roll the tape on the last set of six of the first half.  Bryant called for two successive \"surrender\" tackles.

[/quote]

I reckon Des will look log and hard at Cuthbo and Hall.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=178291.msg195093#msg195093 date=1220268343]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178291.msg195092#msg195092 date=1220268276]

[/quote]

I reckon Des will look log and hard at Cuthbo and Hall.
[/quote]

I can't see him being able to drop Hall with the form he's in, but I guess there's a chance with Cuthbo

He wont drop Hall.  Cuthbo maybe.  I would not drop Cuthbo myself but he is looking unfit and what has he done lately?  He can quite often flop a costly ball out the back.

Garts link said:
He wont drop Hall.  Cuthbo maybe.  I would not drop Cuthbo myself but he is looking unfit and what has he done lately?  He can quite often flop a costly ball out the back.

I was a bit suprised myself at the end of the game how unfit he's looking.

Only set up a couple of tries. Only looks dangerous when he has it. Only has the ability to offload which is crucial against Melbourne and their Gang tackling. What has Bryant done of late?

Volley link said:
Only set up a couple of tries. Only looks dangerous when he has it. Only has the ability to offload which is crucial against Melbourne and their Gang tackling. What has Bryant done of late?

As I said I would not drop Cuthbo as he has the ability to do things unlike Bryant but he has not done much lately and I have only seen him with a couple of try assists this year.  Alot of people still seem to be thinking he is playing like he was last year, he is not.

Agreed he isn't going as well as last year. But he still adds a lot to the side. He was great against the Tigers, and his contributions changed the tone of that match imo

I think all the forwards played well. Hall is on fire so he wont go. Maybe Bryant will. Cuthbo adds that x-factor that maybe required when Orford goes back to his bad habits again.

Hall is playing the best footy of his career and won't be dropped. 

Bryant is a plodder but I am sure Des will drop cuthbo because he threw a few bad passes today which resulted in turnovers. 

Bryant didn't even rate a mention from the ground announcer who mentioned that it was beaver and Bell's last premiership games at brookie. 

Yeah, I thought the announcer could have at least given some more time to the others who are leaving.  Anyway it was a Beaver lovefest and good on him.  Hall was mom in my opinion.  Bryant was ordinary, as he nearly always is.  Will Willo be back next week? 

Oh, and I think 'rubbish' is a bit harsh.  Ordinary would be kinder.  The ref was rubbish.  Is Glennn Stewart injured?  He was a bit quiet tonight as he has been the last few weeks.  I thought Ballin was a tad ordinary tonight as well.  When LeStrange came on we seemed to spark up.

Why all the Bryant bashing?

I respect anyone who pulls on a Manly jumper - and Bryant is no exception.

NYEagle link said:

Because Willo didn't play last night - Willo is my favourite wipping boy actually.  :p

NYEagle link said:

I respect anyone who pulls on a Manly jumper - and Bryant is no exception.

Even scott Fulton? Jye Mullane?  Yogi Rogers?  Luke Dorn? 

I actually think Bryant has improved over the last month mainly because Hall has applied so much pressure. In my view, Bryant should miss out (assuming no more injuries and Willo returns) but with the approach Des takes he will find it hard to drop Bryant before Cuthbo unless Cuthbo's form picks up next week and demands selection.

Hall's leg drive compared to his size is outstanding. Not sure how his completed tackle percentage compares to Bryant but the quality of his running just keeps improving. It's Bryant's low mistake rate and low number of missed tackles that keeps him in Des' good books.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6