New ANZAC Jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle said:
I wish i knew what the other special jersey is...

This years heritage jersey with the big MW Eagle on the front, looks great and to make it even better there's no sponsor on the front.

On a side note, does anyone know why on the Goodscore site there is North Sydney Bears T-shirts in the Manly stuff?

StuBoot said:
The Eagle said:

This years heritage jersey with the big MW Eagle on the front, looks great and to make it even better there's no sponsor on the front.

On a side note, does anyone know why on the Goodscore site there is North Sydney Bears T-shirts in the Manly stuff?

Linkylink?

StuBoot said:
The Eagle said:

I take back what I said about not buying another jersey for a long time, WANT!

h.jpg

assuming its not squished like in the photo. Now just gotta figure out when they will be released considering heritage round has already passed.

CussCuss said:
StuBoot said:
The Eagle said:

h.jpg

assuming its not squished like in the photo. Now just gotta figure out when they will be released considering heritage round has already passed.

Please dont get your hopes up on this one, not sure where you got your info from but we won't be playing in the above jersey this year.

Sorry :(

Larissa said:
CussCuss said:
StuBoot said:
The Eagle said:

h.jpg

Please dont get your hopes up on this one, not sure where you got your info from but we won't be playing in the above jersey this year.

So you design the abomination of a jersey which is the ANZAC jersey but no good looking special jersey? Really?

The club has become apathetic with jerseys,from leaving Reebok to going to ISC who cant even spell WARRINGAH and dont know what the **** sublimation is,its a pathetic joke as ive bought the last 10 jerseys straight up to the micro V jersey,because i cannot find it without the cheap pathetic iron on sponsorship

That 'abomination' is the truest reflection of the current ADF seen in a playing strip. I applaud the club for making the move to run with a relevant cam-print and not just whack on a generic/oseas cam print.

It is jersey to commemorate the ANZAC spirit; not an excuse to roll out whatever some marketing guy says is the 'latest fashion'.

The camo print less manly related than the green one was. They could at least do it in maroon camo, or put a maroon stripe somewhere through it, or even just a chevron. Any team could play in that jersey.

The one above was found through internet super sleuthing (google) so its obviously been on the table at some point in time before they decided to completely ignore the heritage round all together. Its the best jersey design in a long time and it needs to be made!

Larissa said:
CussCuss said:
StuBoot said:
The Eagle said:

h.jpg

It's available on the Goodscore site as "2012 Heritage Jersey" so they got that title from somewhere. Whether we play in it or not doesn't really matter apart from the fact it should be our regular strip imo.

CussCuss said:
The camo print less manly related than the green one was. They could at least do it in maroon camo, or put a maroon stripe somewhere through it, or even just a chevron. Any team could play in that jersey.

Any team could, but only Manly are.

The lack of 'Manly' through chevrons, strips or maroon cam, means the jersey is actually showing respect for the personnel that have served in the ADF.

Sacrificing club colours and retaining the current cam colour print is a noble gesture IMO.

StuBoot said:
Larissa said:
CussCuss said:
StuBoot said:
The Eagle said:

h.jpg

It's available on the Goodscore site as "2012 Heritage Jersey" so they got that title from somewhere. Whether we play in it or not doesn't really matter apart from the fact it should be our regular strip imo.

This is the best Manly jersey EVER. I wear the long-sleeve version, which has been available for a couple of seasons at the Manly merchandise story.

Just because we aren't using it this year, does not mean we will not play in that design or a variation of it at some point. Unfortunately we cannot do every different type of jersey possible, every season. As has been mentioned, fans would not be impressed if we played in a different strip every second week.

This year we decided to focus our efforts on our Anzac strip. Our aim with the Anzac jersey is to show the best respect we could to the Anzac spirit. We felt this was done best by the design chosen, rather than altering it with Manly colours.

We have a few more exciting alternate strips still to be revealed. Once they are out there, I hope you agree that we made some good choices.

Cheers,

Larissa

http://www.nrl.com/support-the-troops-this-anzac-day-/tabid/10874/newsid/62391/default.aspx

It is also part of the NRL initiative to show support for our troops both here and especially overseas.

When we were at the Warrington game in the UK the week before the WCC a few of us were talking to a couple that were wearing wolves shirts in a similar pattern.

Warrington had worn for a few games with proceeds of the sale of replica shirts and auctions of player worn shirts going to the Help for Heroes charity http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ which supports wounded service men and women.

As well as the shirt looking good the support aspect of it was apparently greatly appreciated by the group in question.

Not sure what the NRL along these lines but would be great if they were to do something similar?

I like the Anzac Jersey. Just off topic I love the momentum Anzac day has gained over the years. I remember as a kid in the 80s it was taken very seriously but it seems as a nation we have taken the respect we show the Anzacs to a whole new level. It's one of the best things about being Australian

Cambo said:
I like the Anzac Jersey. Just off topic I love the momentum Anzac day has gained over the years. I remember as a kid in the 80s it was taken very seriously but it seems as a nation we have taken the respect we show the Anzacs to a whole new level. It's one of the best things about being Australian

Well said Cambo!!

Earnie the Eagle said:
Cambo said:

Well said Cambo!!

X2

Anzac Day means something these days, I am not sure it has always been that way for the general public.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2