New 2012 Jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
cava2323 said:
its truly horrible. such a shame, 2011 one is perfect

Totally agree. The 2011 home strip and the 2011 away strip, are the best home and best away strips Manly have had since the concept of home and away strips came in IMO.

Completely agree Bones, graphic and concept design is something that I do as part of my job and in my humble opinion whoever designed this should be fired. They have got it wrong.

A minor issue: collar being maroon looks out of balance and just plain wrong.

As many others have asked: we have had the best jersey design for last few years so why mess with the concept - why not do another version of this popular successful design?

Glad I bought my 2011 ones....

silver said:
Larissa, is this the final design or a mock up? Based on 90% of the comments on this thread, some design tweaking would be benefical for look and sales.

I was looking forward to buying the new 2012 jersey and held off buying the 2011 as it was in it's 3rd and final year of use. BUT, the high cut off of the Chevron V does look weird and the maroon collar does not do the jersey any favours.

I think some minor tweaks and it could be a great jersey!

Agree. ISC recently redone St Helens jersey and the finished product looks great!
It's a full chevron not the 3/4 one. I'll put on up later.
They could use it's template to make ours look even better

Does anyone know who had the first chevron?
I don't think it Easts, St George or Canterbury

new_kit_story.jpg

They do have the template it just needs to be altered to suit us

I don't like the 2012 home jersey. Like Bones & others have stated Manly is instantly recognised with the maroon jersey with white hoops why we have to mess with this winning combination i have no idea?!? If another big run of the 2011 jersey was done it would sell like hot cakes!
$100 says the 2013 will revert back to the 2011 design with some very minor alterations no doubt to differentiate it.

Pablo if that is the case winning the 2012 GF in this jersey will help ease the pain.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I didn't like it at 1st, but it is growing on me

Yeah would have to agree Kiwi, I would prefer to have the current hoops design but this one will grow on us.

We'll love it even better when the team shows what great heart and spirit they have under Toovey and shine through the 2012 season! :D:heart:

Excellent looking jersey, will buy 10 of em.

Looks fantastic, can't wait to see the reverse strip.

My only question is why is the ISC logo bigger than the Sea Eagles logo?

I notice the MWSE online shop only has 3XL or XS sizes left of the 2011 Home Kaspersky jersey. Either only a small run was done or they have proved really popular.

[attachment=211]At first I hated the V...but here is what it will look like on the players. They look quite good when worn. I still hate the stripes on the sleeve though. And can we PLEEEASE get rid of AAA Radiators or incorporate it nicer with the marroon!!!

Attachments

• screen-capture.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 28
I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact that someone got paid to design a jersey & that crayon drawing was the best they could come up with.

FMD it looks atrocious.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6