Negativity!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
It's disappointing to read so many negative comments since the 2016 season started. Prior to kick off everyone was content & excited at the clubs new signings & prospects for 2016, albeit there were negative comments about Trent Barrett taking over from Geoff Toovey etc. With the boys not playing to their potential & losing winnable games due to either injury, suspension & new combinations, many posts appear to have targeted certain people's abilities &/or pride in wearing the Maroon & White! If it's not bagging DCE then it's Myles, if not Myles then Barrett, if not Barrett then Mateo or Walker or Stewart or Lyon or Williame.......the list goes on & on. Why is this happening? Now with the prospect of T Rex returning to Manly the bagging & negativity continues. Can we not be a little more understanding & realize with a new coach & new players it will take time to gel & perform to our potential! Everyone wants this player & that player at Manly..........well it ain't gonna happen! We have what we have! Do you honestly think these 'other' players will / would make a difference? Maybe, maybe not but why can't we just get behind the coach & players we have. Back them, support them, encourage them..........that's what real Sea Eagle supporters do! We should bag other teams & NOT our own!

It's disappointing to read so many negative comments since the 2016 season started. Prior to kick off everyone was content & excited at the clubs new signings & prospects for 2016, albeit there were negative comments about Trent Barrett taking over from Geoff Toovey etc. With the boys not playing to their potential & losing winnable games due to either injury, suspension & new combinations, many posts appear to have targeted certain people's abilities &/or pride in wearing the Maroon & White! If it's not bagging DCE then it's Myles, if not Myles then Barrett, if not Barrett then Mateo or Walker or Stewart or Lyon or Williame.......the list goes on & on. Why is this happening? Now with the prospect of T Rex returning to Manly the bagging & negativity continues. Can we not be a little more understanding & realize with a new coach & new players it will take time to gel & perform to our potential! Everyone wants this player & that player at Manly..........well it ain't gonna happen! We have what we have! Do you honestly think these 'other' players will / would make a difference? Maybe, maybe not but why can't we just get behind the coach & players we have. Back them, support them, encourage them..........that's what real Sea Eagle supporters do! We should bag other teams & NOT our own!
Timely reminder

Look its simply going to happen on any footy site for any team including...Manly.
Its all up front - better than sledging the team to rival fans - almost at times like getting it off the chest & getting various perspectives, which only adds to some funny, friendly opinions or even healthy debate....

18fbksyd9611epng.png

Look its simply going to happen on any footy site for any team including...Manly.
Its all up front - better than sledging the team to rival fans - almost at times like getting it off the chest & getting various perspectives, which only adds to some funny, friendly opinions or even healthy debate....
Maxta I do understand, however some of the bagging gets personal & I don't think it's appreciated by the players or appropriate!

As Penn claimed when he threw Toovey out on his arse (and under the bus), it's a results driven Business. here are some results:-

+ 4 wins, 7 losses (12th on the ladder)
+ 3rd worst attack in the entire NRL
+ 5th worst defense in the entire NRL
+ 6th worst metres gained in the entire NRL
+ 3rd worst line breaks made in the entire NRL
+ 3rd worst try assists in the entire NRL
+ 6th lowest amount of offloads in the entire NRL
+ 7th highest tackle count in the NRL (that's not a good sign)
+ 5th worst missed tackles in the entire NRL
+ 4th most errors in the entire NRL
+ Last placed as an entire club, club championship wise

* Last one was a hypothesis, based on winning only 9 games in 42 as a club, from SG ball, up, or 21% win rate.

To be fair, I think it's absolutely appropriate, and deserved that the club receive criticism and negativity. They have been dishing up offal on and off the park.

People are entitled, based on these numbers, to be feeling a little let down by their club. Also, those numbers don't include goodwill aspects of the business, such as:-

+ Long term successful employees being fired (Singe, Penna etc);
+ Total lack of communication from Kelly, Penn and their cronies;
+ Peter Peters openly stating in the media that fans are irrelevant;
+ Brookvale Oval still suffering;
+ Games being moved to Suncorp, against The Broncos of all teams;
+ Older players coming to the end of their wonderful careers;
+ Club screwing players over (Ballin, Gutherson, Hiku) as examples;
+ Board members leaving, and obvious continued disharmony;

It just goes on and on and on. Joe Kelly is a disgrace of epic proportions. He built this ****hole. I can completely understand all and any apathy, frustration, anger, disappointment.

I for one, am willing to provide empathy, because I'm feeling it as well. In fact, I feel there are more and more people disconnecting with the club and game because of all this rubbish, than we could even imagine.

I actually feel bad for my fellow fans like @Mark from Brisbane , @ManlyBacker & @lovefooty who's ideals about the game are, and have been changing - it royally pisses me off when I hear them say, "oh well, I guess it's just a business these days", because their passion for our brand was second to none at one point.

Yes there has been negativity this year, and last year if truth be told. But that is because we are Manly, we're used to success and don't take losing easily. If we see something that we think is wrong (e.g. the Walker at 5/8 experiment), we voice our opinions. Sometimes it does come across as being negative, but that's only because we want our club to be the best in the competition.

* We're not a complete rabble of a club like doesn't-matta.
* We don't promise the earth and deliver a spoonful of dirt like the Tigpies, St Merge, Dogs etc.
* We're not drug cheats and we're not salary cap cheats.

Our success has been legitimate and born of hard work.

Even though we lost last week to the Sharks there were positive signs for this team. I still don't think we're going to be good enough this year to challenge the likes of NQ or Brisbane, but we are definitely a better team than the one currently sitting 12th on the ladder.

Barring injury and considering that our draw from now on is much better than in the opening 10 rounds of this year, I think we can make a serious run at the top 8.

A lot of negative comments were about Walker at 6. Tooves even said on NRL 360 last night that Killer should have been at 6 all year. The critique of Baz was his inability to see this or unwillingness to admit he had made a mistake.
There was also Killer saying he didn't want to play 6. I think he now realises he's no longer capable of playing centre.

There was also Killer saying he didn't want to play 6. I think he now realises he's no longer capable of playing centre.

I don't know if its Killer realising he is no longer capable of playing centre. I have a feeling someone (maybe even Bozo) has had a word to him and convinced him that moving to 5/8 is what's best for the team, not just what's best for Killer.

A lot of negative comments were about Walker at 6. Tooves even said on NRL 360 last night that Killer should have been at 6 all year. The critique of Baz was his inability to see this or unwillingness to admit he had made a mistake.
This is of course hypothetical however I have no doubt if Geoff Toovey was coaching the same squad Barrett has got this year we would have 2 or 3 more wins than we have now. Tooves knew the Manly culture, he knew the combinations and he knew the players strengths and weaknesses. Just my opinion though.

Maxta I do understand, however some of the bagging gets personal & I don't think it's appreciated by the players or appropriate!
I think when we comment on players in general ....its kind of personal in a way madmax....but really - its majority basic discussion & topic - if I see something I don't relate to or like, I simply leave it & move on...only a few of these over a long time here so not a major concern....
If its about a player not appearing to be playing with heart, structures not working, players out of position - just the way it is.....
But do agree if its about a players family - in some cases, a players shape or look can also over step the mark - well to a degree, some is simply humour & we all need a thicker skin at times (myself included)
Maybe rather than a thread about negatives, a positive thread will domino effect some positive posts.

When things are going well there is generally little talk or congratulations on places like a forum, but when things are going bad people always speak up. This is common across areas outside sport. People like to complain and vent, human nature. We are used to success and it is no surprise with how things are currently going that this place is negative and down.

Me, I yell and scream during the game, normally lose my **** but within a hour I have calmed down and moved on and just waiting for the next game.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8