Name your top5 MWSEagles of all time.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can anyone name their top 5 Manly players of all time past-present.( i was gonna say 3 but that's too hard even 10 is too hard ) this will be interesting to know. I'll make it easier for all no need to be in order. Mind u I've only been a fan since 1983 as a little boy after seeing the boys so sad so I choose them. Best decision I've ever made, now I'havnt miss a single game since and a proud member from the ACT.

Here's mine but I can put another 20 in there as well

Kamikaze R Gibbs, S Menzies, G Tovs, I Roberts, M Ridge best kicker ever

Didn't get to see all the legend played but I agree with you except C Lyons great player but hot and cold missed fair bit of takles on his day he's a freak bit lost sometime if other players have no idea what's his doing only the great Beaver knows him best.

I only really got following in the early 90s

So in no particular order

Toovey
Menzies
Kosef
Stewart
Lyon
Jake

Dammit that is 6.....but I refuse to narrow

Top 5 is pretty much impossible because you really have two completely seperate eras.

A youngster would never pick the likes of Fulton , Reilly , Eadie , Randall and the like because they never saw them play.

And then you have the professional ( modern ) era where players are full time , have unbelievable fitness regimes , are surrounded by experts who manage their lives minute to minute.

I think a better question would be , your top 10, with 5 from the 1947-1990 era, and 5 from then to now.

Always an interesting topic , especially for a club like Manly who have had so many great sides over the years . Even for factors like pre cap days or not , could only say that still Fulton , Reilly , Eadie , Randell would and taking many things into account , continue to be in the top bracket , then guess Beaver ahead of just so many other worthy contenders . Snake and even Turbo if he can string together some injury free seasons right up there on the pecking order for sure . But where do you stop , Cliffy , Jamie Lyon , Tooves, Krilich, the list is just too long

Fulton
Reilly
Eadie
Menzies
Lyons

Without Fulton & Reilly, we don't win our first ever premiership

Eadie won four premierships

Both Menzies & Lyons won premierships in two different eras (as did Hasler)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4