Name your top5 MWSEagles of all time.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Top 3 for me

3. Snake - Just an unbelievable player, when he was playing you just felt we had this incredible strike weapon, could score tries from anywhere. I used to love seeing him get a break.....and opposition teams just couldn't catch him.
2. BK - this will be a little controversial given he only played 2 seasons. But the Golden Period to me doesn't happen without him being there in 05/06. I must admit around the Northern Eagles debacle I basically lost interest. But he just suddenly made us tough to beat. I cannot rate him highly enough.
1. Killer - (for me of course). He was the cream. We had BK come in and instil some hard headedness.....then Killer came in and provided the extra polish in the backline. How he still gets overlooked as one (actually the best) centres of the last 30 years is beyond me. He went through a period whether it was 5/8 in the 08 season or a centre in other seasons where he was close to the worlds best player. But because he turned his back on rep duty....never got the credit.

(BTW Fulton is obviously no.1, but I'm just talking about my favorites).

And special mention to Tooves...phcen legend!
I love your passion, and fully agree,

Top 3 for me

3. Snake - Just an unbelievable player, when he was playing you just felt we had this incredible strike weapon, could score tries from anywhere. I used to love seeing him get a break.....and opposition teams just couldn't catch him.
2. BK - this will be a little controversial given he only played 2 seasons. But the Golden Period to me doesn't happen without him being there in 05/06. I must admit around the Northern Eagles debacle I basically lost interest. But he just suddenly made us tough to beat. I cannot rate him highly enough.
1. Killer - (for me of course). He was the cream. We had BK come in and instil some hard headedness.....then Killer came in and provided the extra polish in the backline. How he still gets overlooked as one (actually the best) centres of the last 30 years is beyond me. He went through a period whether it was 5/8 in the 08 season or a centre in other seasons where he was close to the worlds best player. But because he turned his back on rep duty....never got the credit.

(BTW Fulton is obviously no.1, but I'm just talking about my favorites).

And special mention to Tooves...phcen legend!
This tells me that you didnt get to see enough of the 80's and 90's teams.

I didnt get to see any of the 70's teams because I was merely a glint in the milkmans eye.

Killer never gets the plaudits at centre because he left the game as one of the best centres and then circumstance put him into being one of the most effective 5/8 in the game. The attributes he had as a centre made him a great 5/8 but his best position was centre. That made him a great clubman.

The debate between Snake and Eadie is just impossible to solve, the role of fullback changed so much. Snake was a brilliant player and fullback, Eadie could change games in a way Snake got very close to but it was different.

BK was not our best (what did he play first lock) as a player but what he brought to that team was something that we may never see again.

This is what makes it so hard. I would have all those 3 players in my top 10 but I couldnt make a top 5 its just a tough ask

Too tough to just name 5 , Unless you’re one of the few who has witnessed from the beginning . Eg: Ken Arthurson talking about Roy Bull , I can’t put him in my list cause never seen him play , Is it also about your favourite or the actual best players difficult again . My list is a bit of more favourable player than best player of all time and in no ranking order

Jamie Lyon
Phil Blake
Steve Menzies
Terry Randall
Cliff Lyons

Last edited:
Too tough to just name 5 , Unless you’re one of the few who has witnessed from the beginning . Eg: Ken Arthurson talking about Roy Bull , I can’t put him in my list cause never seen him play , Is it also about your favourite or the actual best players difficult again . My list is a bit of more favourable player than best player of all time and in no ranking order

Jamie Lyon
Phil Blake
Steve Menzies
Terry Randall
Cliff Lyons

Where's Johnny Gibbs? In respect of favouritism, he was much loved in the late 70s. I'm an old fart, and still based on favouritism remember with much affection Fred Yakich, Bob Batty, Les Hannigan, Dennis Ward and Billy Bradstreet. Each to their own I guess.

Last edited:
Top Sea Eagle of all time ... The number one has to be Ken Arthurson IMO ...

Player, Coach, Manager and Chairman spanning 5 decades ...

I am going to name my top 5 favourite players of all time in order

1. Geoff Toovey
2. Cliff Lyons
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Menzies
5. Terry Hill

Where's Johnny Gibbs? In respect of favouritism, he was much loved in the late 70s. I'm an old fart, and still based on favouritism remember with much affection Fred Yakich, Bob Batty, Les Hannigan, Dennis Ward and Billy Bradstreet. Each to their own I guess.
I could only name 5 unfortunately
Jughead Jones was a favourite , the list could go on and on 👍

I could only name 5 unfortunately
Jughead Jones was a favourite , the list could go on and on 👍

You're quite right. Pogo Morgan, Cranky Frankie Stanton, Rod 'Rocket' Jackson, Freddie Jones, The Smoker Alan Thompson, The Cleal brothers, Zippy Mal Cochrane, and the famed cameo by Ken Irvine in his last three years...the list goes on

See my post on page 2

1 Bozo
2 Arko
3 John O'Neill
4 Cliffy
5 The Beaver

I think the first two are set in stone. But the other positions, dozens could be chosen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7