Myles surgery

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
what about the blokes inside them ? doesnt it start there ?

How about selecting Mateo instead of Lewis Brown for christ sake !!!!

3 Years of this clown Lewis Brown and the people that selected him ! FMD

Hes a reserve grader that should be used to fill a hole when your low on troops ! Not to be a starting first grader and weaken your side ! FFS

I still can't believe Lewis Brown is selected every week . He must have the photos of Xxxxxxxxxxx.

If he's gone it's no great loss from what I've seen this year. Didn't like him much before he came here and he's done little for me to change that view. Always just seemed like he was signed to ensure DCE stayed.
Yeah and thank god we kept.Dce.Titans must be really regretting the loss of Dce & Myles over Taylor & Passi.Poor bastards...

This weeks team selection should be interesting.

Walker is out as he's kept his spot on the NSW bench and its likely that Myles will also be out. With Walker out we'll probably have Api as the goal kicker.

Will we finally get to see Feleti Mateo at 5/8 and Liam Knight into the team to play the Tits? I have a feeling that Leary will get a reprieve and Knight will miss out again.

Because of this I can see a possible line up of:

Stewart, Taufua, T. Trbojevic, Wiliame, Wright, Mateo, Koroisau, Lussick, Parcell, Taupau, Brown, Buhrer, J. Trbojevic (c). Res - Starling, Vave, Fonua-Blake, Leary/Knight.

Though what I would like to see is.....

Stewart, Taufua, T. Trbojevic, Wiliame, Wright, Mateo, Koroisau, Lussick, Parcell, Starling, Taupau, Buhrer, J. Trbojevic (c). Res - Vave, Fonua-Blake, Brown, Knight.

Once more I ask.....who's bright idea was it to get rid of Hiku, Gutho and now T-Red?

Last edited:
JSL (Sharks) and MCK (Tigpies) can't even crack a first grade gig at their respective new clubs. JSL hasn't played an NRL game this year while MCK has played just 3 games. While they would have been handy to still have here at Manly, would either see much time in the NRL?

Horo...well he was an enigma. Good player but only seemed to produce when playing for a contract. Unlike JSL and MCK though he would most likely be in the Manly back row in the NRL side if he was still at the club.

Well next weeks team will be interesting

1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Turbo
4.Williame
5.Wright
6.Koroisau
7.Cust
8.Lussick
9.Parcell
10.Taupau
11.Brown
12.Buhrer
13.J Turbo

14.Knight
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Starling
17.Vave
Cust can't play NRL, he's only 17. DOB 14/09/1998.

I'd personally like to see:
8.Darcy
10.Kapow
11.Knight
12.Buhrer
13.Jakey

14.AFB
15.Vave
16.Myles
17.Brown
I like this because Brown is certainly only useful as a bench player. Kapow is not an edge player either so I like him going back to the middle. We keep getting monstered in the forwards due to a lack of punch and our "punchiest" forward bludges out the edges and touches the ball once every 4 or 5 sets.

Nate Myles, Lewis Brown 3 years each.
Expensive to move on........
I'm thinking Soylent Green.
Feed a whole new generation of forwards.

Minor knee surgery...he'll take 4 weeks off...play one half hearted 'warm up' game for us solely to prove fitness for Origin 3. Play Origin 3, celebrate with QLD where QLD teammates will extol his virtues for playing on 1 leg on QLD spirit....announce after game the knees still not right, back to surgery next seen in 2017.

Pass Go, collect $200 ( I wish that's all it was )

I don't blame Dan Ferris at all for the injuries, but I'm no Sports Scientist.
From what I know, muscle injuries occur either from impact or tightness.

1) An impact injury is just something that happens in NRL and is usually unavoidable. I remember a study they did at Manly several years ago when Des first brought in the training monitors and they compared the contact in a tackle as similar to running into a refrigerator. So do that 10 to 15 times in 80 minutes and I guess you'd have some muscle tenderness (or concussion!)

2) Muscle tightness is usually due to a lack of flexibility, which is why most clubs have their players do Pilates and/or Yoga sessions. Strength conditioning has been a major focus of NRL trainers and while it's essential given the intensity and impact in a game, flexibility is also crucial due to the speed of getting back in the line in defence and the speed needed over 5 - 10m from a standing start and how the body bends in tackles etc.

So if you look at our situation:
Snake - His hammy problem is due to his back issue and he's definitely playing 'busted' at the moment
Tommy T - Is definitely still carrying and ankle injury from the 9's and it is hampering his speed
Skivvy - He's had the neck problem for years and the slightest hit or stretch in the right spot can send painful spasms down his back restricting his neck movement
Killer - has had leg muscle issues for years and it's definitely hampering him this year with his speed of reaction, particularly in defence
Jorge - Has hardly been injured and was just unlucky with his injury and then had a post op infection (unfortunately very common these days)
Walker - believe it or not but he has a leg injury and could barely walk after the Canberra game
DCE - He was obviously carrying an ankle injury at the start of the season after the 9's and has had similar issues and will continue to do so due to scar tissue
Motzen - poor guy and someone with so much talent that is/was prone to any injury going around
Isaac John - I wouldn't wish a pec strain on anyone and wrestling in the tackle is to blame

I'm not going to list the forward's issues but I know Vave and after the Canberra game, the poor guy couldn't even shake my hand when I saw him and he just said "mate I'm busted".

As a team you can be lucky and unlucky with injuries and it doesn't all come down to the trainer but they do have significant input particularly regarding flexibility.

We've got the entire group of backs all carrying some sort of injury and naturally it's going to impair their performance at some stage whether it be reaction time, their ability to move from one direction to the other or whatever, but I don't blame the trainer for their injuries.

Just my thoughts

JSL (Sharks) and MCK (Tigpies) can't even crack a first grade gig at their respective new clubs.

Those clubs are much stronger than ours.

They would walk into our pack except we pick our team based on Salary Cap $$$ spent instead of form.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7