My Team for this Test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
This is the team I would pick for this test:

1 Mike Hussey
2 Justin Langer
3 Ricky Ponting
4 Simon katich
5 Michael Clarke
6 Shane Watson
7 Adam Gilchrist / Brad Haddin (depending on my mood)
8 Shane Warne
9 Brett Lee
10 Stuart McGill
11 Glen McGarth if fit (otherwise Shaun Tait)

Two spinners and Watson as the third choice seemer who can bat as well.

I cant give haddin the nod over gilly even as a new south welsh man.

Including Watson allows us to play macgill - not a bad idea.

Here is mine that I posted in the other thread

"I'd almost be tempted to run with 5 bowlers in the last test. We need to bowl them out twice, obviously, if we are going to secure the win to tie the series. I'd like to see the following side (injuries permitting)

Langer
Katich
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Kasprowicz
MacGill
McGrath

12th Man: Tait"

IMO Watson is not a test match standard bowler, nor has he done enough with the bat to warrant all round status.

I also think Gilly has been disappointing this series for reasons outlined in the other thread. However I don't think we should drop him at this late stage. As for Hussey coming in, I think Hodge would be in front of him as he is at least in the Ashes squad.

Our batsmen need to stand up in this last test and get some runs, otherwise we are shot ducks. We really need to win the toss and bat so we get last use of the wicket with Warney and MaGilla. The Poms always struggle against quality spin bowling and MacGill has a very good record against them. We need at least 400 in the first dig to be a show.

I think we can do it, if we get into a position were we can exert some pressure, they will crumble. There has been signs of it already in the last three tests.

Tait has to be included with his form in the last test, McGrath just doesn't have the form to worry the english. Chip and Chase is right when he talks about our need to bowl well and dominate the english batsmen, if our batsmen can't get a high score then we will have to restrict the Poms to a low score as well.​

"McGrath just doesn't have the form to worry the english"

You are kidding right??

2 matches, 14 wickets @ 20.21

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4