My take, some obvious some subtle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
It seemed clear to me that the game plan for the Titans was going to be more or less to target DCE and force Foran v2 to do the work.

They didn't do this however and didn't need to but it seemed like our game plan was to play as if theirs was exactly as above. The few times we were in good position we kept going away from DCE and pushing towards Liam.

His passing choices were bizarre and he has a bit to learn about correctly weighting his passes. He played on reflex rather than thinking through what he was doing and it caused a few of the handling errors.

Our handling was woeful and completely blunted any chance we had in this game. That would have to be the worst handling I have seen from a manly team in a very very long time. Kingy had a shocker with his control but it seems most of them had issues with their hands.

What made this even worst was our line speed and commitment in defense. Blokes were walking and standing still in the line, not moving up and not anticipating any second phase play and it cost us dearly.
The amount of players that were walking to get back on side was also shameful.

Just so many poor poor performances out there.

We were so bad that I am even finding it hard to blame the refs!

Just totally ashamed of that performance that was just the most woeful display I have seen from Msnly since Peter Sharp was our coach.

A few blokes like Ballin and Matai can hold their heads high (perhaps not Matai after his head was almost removed for him).

Urghh stuff this im going to bed

yeah disappointing dan. the handling and stunned mullett defense above all. but I can't think of a team in the comp that could sustain winning form when missing the 4 internationals we are missing at present. without them we miss key attacking structure and potency in the backs, and in the forwards, and sprinkle inexperience across the defensive line.

Time enough to get back on the rails.

Sure but it was the effort tonight that was so disappointing. I can cop a loss but that was just dismal.

As for the defense I can't seem to fathom why we were trying to meet them with arms instead of bodies, that cost us time and time again. None of them wanted to put their bodies in front or on the line and it gave them easy runs through

I just laughed and shook my head watching that second half.... the class we have missing really showed tonight. I think I will be unloading on the tigers tomorrow, because the Panthers made us look great on Monday.

I stopped at the Tab on the way home from work on Tuesday and had a decent size bet on the Panthers to win the spoon (most losses) $8.50. They were as pathetic up the middle. They are as weak as any NRL team I have seen in quite a while.

The slow linespeed in our defense has been there all year. It was only because the Warriors, Tigers and Panthers are so **** that we managed wins in those games and even then we were lucky to hold out both the first 2. We could easily be 1 and 6.

Another thing they aren't doing this year is that "seek and destroy" defense. They'd do it time and again last year...... just turn the intensity up to 11 and rip in for 5-10 mins. The number of matches they've been out enthused is a big problem and to lose to the eels and the Titans in the manner they did is simply poor.

I have said this on a few other threads, but our attitude was poor. Our attitude is tested when we are fatigued. This was the same team that 5 days ago put the panthers to the sword because we were switched on. Tonight our attitude was crap, this was evident in the drop balls and **** defense.

Why was our attitude poor? we are fcking drained. It will turn around.

The difference between winning and losing in this competition is quite small. Last week the score flattered us. Panthers self-destructed after Buhrer scored. Before that we barely looked like scoring, but holding the ball kept us afloat.

This week we didn't hold the ball, and our energy quickly flagged. It's not a fitness issue, it's a combination of inexperienced players filling in for missing superstars, and a draining playing (& travel) schedule, including the 5 day turnaround.

Lat year we were very consistent, but the year or two before that we definitely had some similar performances. It doesn't mean we're gone, just means the boys are human.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The difference between winning and losing in this competition is quite small. Last week the score flattered us. Panthers self-destructed after Buhrer scored. Before that we barely looked like scoring, but holding the ball kept us afloat.

This week we didn't hold the ball, and our energy quickly flagged. It's not a fitness issue, it's a combination of inexperienced players filling in for missing superstars, and a draining playing (& travel) schedule, including the 5 day turnaround.

Lat year we were very consistent, but the year or two before that we definitely had some similar performances. It doesn't mean we're gone, just means the boys are human.

Well said, there is a reason not many teams go back to back, its bloody hard!!! You have to have little injuries, a good pre-season, a decent draw, and a whole heap of luck. We were not great in 2010 but it coincides with injuries just like we have had so far this year. In 2011 alot of things just fell into place.

If we get a full strength team back on the field for an extended period we will show what we can do once again.

It was hard to be there and watch. The forwards just refused to run hard and straight for some reason. King, Kite and Lussick were rubbish. The Tits ran hard, purposefully and with determination to break the line, and they did, time and time. Theitr kicking game was far superior to ours. Just not good enough. I think all the stuff I read on the forum about back to back premierships should be read with caution. it's very hard to do. We have an ageing front row and it shows, and with the missing players, it will be a hard ask to even make the four. Getting into the eight really doesn't matter. I'm looking forward to the Dogs game and seeing some intensity and 'lift' in the players. Matai, lyon, the new winger and Vic were our best. Joe looked stuffed. Kite and Princess to the old age home. Lussick to the judiciary.

My take was that had we been playing a top 8 side, our intensity would've been better. Because we were 'only' playing the Titans, we thought we'd only have to turn up. Bet we'll be more intense for the Dogs - and we'll need to be.

The signs were really evident early when Titans players continued to make decent go forward after being tackled by our blokes. I was confident after the first few sets on Monday night because the boys looked up for it, after the same time tonight I started getting deja vu from the Eels game, but it actually ended up being worse ... or perhaps the Titans were better than the Eels were that night.

one concern after the panthers game was the number of missed tackles.
we had 34 to panthers 28.there's the warning signs right there,its only because the panthers handling errors that gifted us possession that we were able to win.
any team we come up against who held the ball,was alwyas going to get us.
the stats dont lie.our defence needs to improve.

The reality of it all is we've had wins against the Warriors, Wests and Penrith (all of whom are going poorly), a solid loss against St George and unacceptable losses against Parra and Coast.

Short turn around doesn't help, but isn't the reason we are losing to spooner teams. I think our attitude is that we just have to turn up and win, and that's killing us.

That loss last night was shameful.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7