My Perspective - what's yours

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't agree. Lawrence was clearly injured as was Choc. Kite was exceptional and was probably at his worst fatigue level.

It was just a case of overall fatigue, as it was at the end of the 1st half, when the Roosters came back.

The guys were just stuffed.

As for the turning point, I thought it was the Foran knock on in attack deep inside their territory and I'm not blaming Kieran. It was a lucky tackle (or good one) from Maloney. Had we had another couple there, I think we could have closed them out but, two to three tackles later they scored from the Maloney break and ...forward pass.

The Wolfman was clearly intimidated by Tupuo in the air and had no idea what to do to counteract him. The trainers should have told him to contest it rather than defend it.

If Tupuo had not scored the first try legitimately, it would have been close and if not, a penalty try for tackling the guy in the air. Wolfy has usually contested high balls well, so he was obviously under instruction not to contest the jump.

Am I disappointed we lost, naturally so, but the players gave it their all and got so much much further than many supporters, the media and so called experts expected.

It's been a great year but could have been a little bit better, against the odds.

I haven't really felt like commenting till now - too gutted.
Hayne was nothing short of a bloody disgrace.
Our performance was truly AWEful in the most positive sense!

One thing I'm a bit surprised hasn't been mentioned (that I've seen) is that despite running on empty, our boys never gave up... right up to the final scrum where they raced to pack in and had a last tilt at the tryline denied on the bell when they were behind by 8 with no chance of victory... EVERY other team would have well & truely given up... but not Manly.

As I said, truly AWEsome!!!

Had my therapy for 2 days my thoughts
We cannot blame ref for all.
*The game has changed from wrestle and decoys to power game with big forwards Souths, roosters, dogs in 12.
*our signing suggest we are going this way starling, Andrews, lui.
* I hate to say it but we where found out up the middle; guerra try was very unmanly like.
*either jake t or Sao must step up.
* our completion rate sucks big time this said our attack a lot better under toovey than hasler.
*i am more confident than after 07 we will be back, best Halfs, centre, fullback.
*the touchy wolfy subject. Great finisher terrible defender. I hate to bring up look at our 11 wingers safe as houses robbo and hoppa.
*hiku is another will hoppa in making metre eater and take pressure off snake he has to be there. Too good in finals not to be given shot.
* and the gf may have given me some forgiven of hasler as toovs will be a great coach time may heal these wounds.

When we won in 08 and 11 I felt like there was a sense of inevitability about it. We had few injuries and results went our way in the finals.
That wasn't the case this year. We went into the GF down three first-pick props and carrying quite a few injuries (Brett for sure, Watmough among others).
We faced a younger side with pretty well their full complement. They got the refs’ calls as well.
We may not have deserved to win. There were some bad plays and they powered over the top of us in both halves.
But I am still very proud of the team. It was almost a victory of sheer will to win over circumstance.

winnyason said:
* our completion rate sucks big time this said our attack a lot better under toovey than hasler.

We completed 23/28 (82%) and they only completed 22/35 (63%). They had 13 errors to our 7 and we made 5 line breaks to 4. We missed 25 tackles, they missed 26. We won scrums 8-6. They made two more offloads, 9-7. About the only stat they stood out in was the penalty count 5-2. But that doesn't include our penalty try, which in essence is a penalty.

Looking at the stats there was only one penalty given in the second half ?? In all the excitement at the game I can't remember now, but is that right ?

* I hate to say it but we where found out up the middle; guerra try was very unmanly like. . . .

That try was scored directly after Moa dropped the ball in an incredible George Rose tackle. Yet another call that favoured Easts.

With regard to Wolfman - I would have told him to attack the legs of the wingers when they leapt up to catch the bombs. the defending player can tackle a player in the air but it can't be the other way round. So Wolfman could have really put Toopoo on his back and really hurt him.

Terry Zarsoff said:
Frank said:
I'm over Sunday. The 82 and 83 grand finals were the real definition of gut wrenching for me.

I'm just pissed off that there is an off-season.
Agreed re 82 and 83. That's when the Club was in full Team of Champions mode, rather than Champion Team mode, like Parramatta was back then. Now we are the latter, so it doesn't feel so bad. They turned up on Sunday, they played, and they could have won it.

Agreed 100%

simon64 said:
Frank said:
I'm over Sunday. The 82 and 83 grand finals were the real definition of gut wrenching for me.

I'm just pissed off that there is an off-season.

I've been to 3 grand finals..........82, 83 and 13.

I stayed away for 30 years after watching both 82 and 83 with Parramatta fans.

Perhaps I should revisit my decision.

Sigh

I've been lucky. I stayed away until 2008 and 2011. I missed this year because I was committed to work - although that didn't pan out. My daughters went this year and they were gutted.

When you feel the pain of being live at a losing grand final being present at a winning one is all the more sweeter.

Terry Zarsoff said:
And William Willams (well let's face it, he's an adult and should get around with a grown-up's name) only came good when the likes of Kite, Lawrence and Watmough were being rested.

It amuses me that pick-up on the 1972 result as if that were important. It would be the equivalent of someone in 1972 still being fixated on the result of an event 41 years earlier, in 1931. The Harbour Bridge hadn't even been completed then and Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff were scaring people in the cinemas. In other words, it's ancient history in footballing terms. Besides, Easts went on to win back-to-back in 1974-75.

Easts were robbed in the 1931 gf terry. History is a funny thing.

I must admit I rarely thought we could win it this year. In 2011 I felt we would win from no later than early July that year. Similar scenario in 2008.

Wasn't 1931 a Newtown year Shoe? Did they beat the Dudesters?

82, 83: miserable. Went to the first one, watched the second on tv. Both times were nothing like the 70s gfs (those sides had some very good players and some manly legends in their twilight but not the spirit of the 70s sides).

72 (longheld grudges are part of the great traditions of the game folks, I'm never getting over maddog stomping on tooves, for eg): ok, we're even on the forward passes (but in 72 it was keith page on his pat malone, not 400 officials all miked up). Fred Jones however, scored a fair try so **** off with the conspiracy theory.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6