My off-season squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need to focus on 2019 and a NEEDS to happen. This is who and where I would have my 30 training for the off-season. I would do a cleanout, consolidate our finances, because we are in deep sh!t, and only look to buy a solid prop with a good injury history and a few promising youngsters.. Here goes.

Coach Not Barrett/Cartwrong (Manly guy/s highly preferred)
Trainers Not Ferris(Manly guy/s highly preferred)

1 Funa/ Anderson/Kelly
2 Jorge/Suli
3 Dylan
4 T Wright
5 TT
6 Kelly/ Cust/Dylan
7 DCE
8 Kapow
9 Fainu
10 new guy
11 Thommo
12 Amone/ Sirro(I feel we will be stuck with him)Jetski/Tanga
13 Jake

14 M Wright/Hodko(only coz we are stuck with him)
15 AFB
16 Paseka/ Sipley
17 Jetski/Tanga/Olakau’atu

That's 26 of a top 30, 4 to be picked from the rest we have and maybe a few new youngsters..

I would lose Api, Sirro(if I could), J Wright. Saves us 800k+.
Mr Plod, Darcy and Hastings save us $1M.

Hopefully pay forward $1/2M to the 6 guys that cost us far more than we can afford.

Most won't like this but it's all about consolidation. Unless we get a new owner that can bring in his mates with about $2M in TPA's ty we NEED to go.
If we go spending big chunks on say a 5/8 we will never get out of the hole we are in. We have 6 guys eating over half our money, we don't need another hungry feeder.

All IMHO of course.
The sentiment is right. I think Turbo would be better in the centres to be honest. Wouldnt put him on the wing as it would almost certainly mean we lose him. Kelly has been going okay and I would persist with him. Api has to stay. Suli would be dependant on his off season. He has potential but he's slow. Wing would be the only spot for him. For mine, we should be throwing everything we have at Latrell Mitchell and offer him the fullback spot. Punt Walker who's got a crap attitude.

1 Latrell Mitchell
2 Jorge
3 TT
4 Kelly
5 Parker / Suli
6 Trent H
7 DCE
8 Kapow
9 Api
10 AFB
11 Thommo
12 Sirro
13 Jake

14 Tom Wright (if he improves)
15 AFB
16 Paseka
17 Tanga

The sentiment is right. I think Turbo would be better in the centres to be honest. Wouldnt put him on the wing as it would almost certainly mean we lose him. Kelly has been going okay and I would persist with him. Api has to stay. Suli would be dependant on his off season. He has potential but he's slow. Wing would be the only spot for him. For mine, we should be throwing everything we have at Latrell Mitchell and offer him the fullback spot. Punt Walker who's got a crap attitude.

1 Latrell Mitchell
2 Jorge
3 TT
4 Kelly
5 Parker / Suli
6 Trent H
7 DCE
8 Kapow
9 Api
10 AFB
11 Thommo
12 Sirro
13 Jake

15 AFB
16 Paseka
17 Tanga

As if ANYONE of note will come to our club, the only players we could even hope to sign will be absolute bottom dwellers who have been knocked back by 15 other clubs and can’t get a run in the ESL.

Only then will they consider the basket case that we are!!

As if ANYONE of note will come to our club, the only players we could even hope to sign will be absolute bottom dwellers who have been knocked back by 15 other clubs and can’t get a run in the ESL.

Only then will they consider the basket case that we are!!

I wonder if the knights fans thought that 1 or 2 years ago as well? (legitimately)

Player agents may be able to explain the nuances of a big fat cheque-book to players... that could help.

As well as solving the salary cap farce.... (#nextweek).

All I know is I don't want either Parker / Suli in the team next season. That's why I'm so glad we are after Elgey I hope, meaning TB sees Walks back in the centres thank goodness.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Would pick itself. Again, we need more explosive pace outside of Walker. That's what all the absolute best teams have. Size and speed.

It's how NSW won the S.O.O. It's the modern game. The Paul Stephenson, Moses Suli, Brad Parker winger / centres are 2015.

The uncertainty about the coach raises the possibility we may lose a few players, which would be a shame because i think we have the basis for a decent squad.
Tanginoa is off-contract, also Api and Siro haven't had their deals confirmed yet.
Others we might prefer to keep include Suli and maybe Paseka?
https://silvertails.net/threads/mwse-squad-contract-status.47574/

Just so some can have another crack with the "dislike" button; I would be ok with Siro and Api not being retained to free up BIG cash, re-signing Tanga and maybe Paseka and Suli.

Nice little shot at me their buddy. I want to talk footy with you but if your gonna hold a grudge I'm happy to stop interacting with each through personal or little comments.
Just so some can have another crack with the "dislike" button; I would be ok with Siro and Api not being retained to free up BIG cash, re-signing Tanga and maybe Paseka and Suli.

All I know is I don't want either Parker / Suli in the team next season. That's why I'm so glad we are after Elgey I hope, meaning TB sees Walks back in the centres thank goodness.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Would pick itself. Again, we need more explosive pace outside of Walker. That's what all the absolute best teams have. Size and speed.

It's how NSW won the S.O.O. It's the modern game. The Paul Stephenson, Moses Suli, Brad Parker winger / centres are 2015.
Kane Elgey = a white elephant
The only positive will be Walkz making him look good if that's possible.
Let's see how he goes against Walkz when we play the Titans this Friday.
For the record Walkz has dominated Munster and Moylan ......can LG do that ??
Not in a million years

1 Latrell Mitchell
2 Jorge
3 TT
4 Kelly
5 Parker / Suli
6 Trent H
7 DCE
8 Kapow
9 Api
10 AFB
11 Thommo
12 Sirro
13 Jake

15 AFB
16 Paseka
17 Tanga
Good luck with the recruitment of mitchell

with Des the coach, the sky is the limit for recruitment ,players will come for him, not the amenities..

Why?

Des's name is mud with the Bulldogs fallout. His tactics were antiquated and his team's looked horribly off the pace and poorly coached.

Des is not the carrot to dangle in front of the donkeys we will invariably recruit.

Why?

Des's name is mud with the Bulldogs fallout. His tactics were antiquated and his team's looked horribly off the pace and poorly coached.

Des is not the carrot to dangle in front of the donkeys we will invariably recruit.

get over it, Des left for the money , So what, Ive seen this club sack loyal players eg: fatty, its a business and that's how players and coaches see it now..! Us Fans are the only loyal part about footy now..

BTW, want him for his coaching abilities,which are not in dispute..

get over it, Des left for the money , So what, Ive seen this club sack loyal players eg: fatty, its a business and that's how players and coaches see it now..! Us Fans are the only loyal part about footy now..

BTW, want him for his coaching abilities,which are not in dispute..

I never needed to get over it, I was never pissed at des leaving for money

If you had actually watched the Bulldogs play in the back half of Des's tenure at the dogs, I think it's fair to say his coaching abilities may have diminished or he had been unable to adapt to current game.

but thanks for the lesson in loyalty and telling me what you thought I was saying (you were wrong)

I will give you Bennett, but the Broncos are pretty inconsistent too.

Robinson and Bellamy tweak and change up their structures every year, doesn't have to be a major change, but that keeps them ahead of the pack.

If your point us rue, what happened to Des at the dogs then. They couldn't score points and didn't seem to have any idea how to do anything bar defend.

We can keep arguing, but maybe watch a bit more footy first.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8