My off-season squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need to focus on 2019 and a NEEDS to happen. This is who and where I would have my 30 training for the off-season. I would do a cleanout, consolidate our finances, because we are in deep sh!t, and only look to buy a solid prop with a good injury history and a few promising youngsters.. Here goes.

Coach Not Barrett/Cartwrong (Manly guy/s highly preferred)
Trainers Not Ferris(Manly guy/s highly preferred)

1 Funa/ Anderson/Kelly
2 Jorge/Suli
3 Dylan
4 T Wright
5 TT
6 Kelly/ Cust/Dylan
7 DCE
8 Kapow
9 Fainu
10 new guy
11 Thommo
12 Amone/ Sirro(I feel we will be stuck with him)Jetski/Tanga
13 Jake

14 M Wright/Hodko(only coz we are stuck with him)
15 AFB
16 Paseka/ Sipley
17 Jetski/Tanga/Olakau’atu

That's 26 of a top 30, 4 to be picked from the rest we have and maybe a few new youngsters..

I would lose Api, Sirro(if I could), J Wright. Saves us 800k+.
Mr Plod, Darcy and Hastings save us $1M.

Hopefully pay forward $1/2M to the 6 guys that cost us far more than we can afford.

Most won't like this but it's all about consolidation. Unless we get a new owner that can bring in his mates with about $2M in TPA's ty we NEED to go.
If we go spending big chunks on say a 5/8 we will never get out of the hole we are in. We have 6 guys eating over half our money, we don't need another hungry feeder.

All IMHO of course.

Last edited:
No way i would lose api. He is too important with all the work he does in the middle. And i rate siro, when he is in the park we look so much better defencively and he has that x factor. Runs a good hole and gets an off load away. Plus he has stated playing for manly has been the best thing he has done in his career so at least we know he loves the place and wants to be here

1 million dollar winger hahaha I'm sorry, there is no way Tom gets moved. He's too good not to be our fullback and would be wasted on the edges. Leave him at fullback, let him DEVELOP with age, experience and a good coaching staff. He will come good, (even though he is doing fine at the moment).

Api has to stay. People are forgetting how good he is. One of the best 9s in the comp. Smith, Cook, Hodgson then Api. I'd be giving him a long term deal because he is our long term superstar 9.

Kelly stays in the centre's, he isn't a five-eight so let's not try it and lose another half season trying to turn a good centre into a playmaker. Sign a 6.

No way i would lose api. He is too important with all the work he does in the middle. And i rate siro, when he is in the park we look so much better defencively and he has that x factor. Runs a good hole and gets an off load away. Plus he has stated playing for manly has been the best thing he has done in his career so at least we know he loves the place and wants to be here

Api's upgrade will make 400k+/ year. I'll take Fainu at 120k thanks.

Agree about Sirro, BUT, 700k for 9 games over 2 years. No thanks, not worth the risk on our lack of money.

My team is about being smart with the money we have. your's isn't and will only cause more problems.

1 million dollar winger hahaha I'm sorry, there is no way Tom gets moved. He's too good not to be our fullback and would be wasted on the edges. Leave him at fullback, let him DEVELOP with age, experience and a good coaching staff. He will come good, (even though he is doing fine at the moment).

Api has to stay. People are forgetting how good he is. One of the best 9s in the comp. Smith, Cook, Hodgson then Api. I'd be giving him a long term deal because he is our long term superstar 9.

Kelly stays in the centre's, he isn't a five-eight so let's not try it and lose another half season trying to turn a good centre into a playmaker. Sign a 6.

TT should play where he is best, and that is not FB. Everyone except you knows that.
His contract price is irrelevant.
I know, let's keep him at FB coz he's being paid too much to be a winger. Stupid. He is costing us games at FB.

Api is not worth 400k+ when we have Fainu AND no money. Fainu will be better than Api ever will.

Kelly came from the halves and you couldn't spot a 5/8 if even if he was passing you the ball or stepping you.

Once again for those that don't read too well, my team is about being smart with the money we have, or don't have.

Api's upgrade will make 400k+/ year. I'll take Fainu at 120k thanks.

Agree about Sirro, BUT, 700k for 9 games over 2 years. No thanks, not worth the risk on our lack of money.

My team is about being smart with the money we have. your's isn't and will only cause more problems.
Api is worth the money as is Sirro at top flight these two are marquee stars in our team too good to lose. You don't need all the money in the world to win a comp. Our current side is good enough to finish top 4 with good coaching and stability with injuries.

TT should play where he is best, and that is not FB. Everyone except you knows that.
I know, let's keep him at FB coz he's being paid too much to be a winger. Stupid. He is costing us games at FB.

Api is not worth 400k+ when we have Fainu AND no money. Fainu will be better than Api ever will.

Kelly came from the halves and you couldn't spot a 5/8 if even if he was passing you the ball or stepping you.

Once again for those that don't read too well, my team is about being smart with the money we have, or don't have.
Tom is best at fullback and you will get that through your thick hide when he is settled with a stable consistent team. 2017? Or you just going to ignore his best season? Best fullback in the game last year and you'll find a lot had him winning the daily m fullback of the year, but when competing with Slater he is never going to beat the bias. Everyone except me thinks he isn't a fullback? I'm pretty sure all the players, former players, greats and coaches would say he is a fullback. I'd bet my life that Johns would scoff at the idea of wasting a great young fullback out on the wing. Dumb idea and will die once Tom silences the doubters and the team begins to perform again.

Api is worth every cent. He is the most creative 9 in the game and dominates the ruck in attack and defence. Fainu is solid but a 1 out of 10 compared to a season campaigner like Koroisau. What a stupid remark "better than Api will ever be" hahaha.

Kelly is a centre. That's it no moving him, belongs there and isn't a 6. Another weird move. Why move a great young talent from a position he currently dominates to a position he is not?

You do realise all these young guys will want the money all the players you want to let go in the next season had? Players salaries do rise as they become better players just in case you forgot.

Api is worth the money as is Sirro at top flight these two are marquee stars in our team too good to lose. You don't need all the money in the world to win a comp. Our current side is good enough to finish top 4 with good coaching and stability with injuries.

Api and Sirro are marquee stars! Hilarious Now you have proven your lack of RL knowledge.

This years side will cost 500k more next year because of upgrades and will end up in the same place as this year with the current admin and coaching.

Please put me on ignore or stop responding to my posts please. I'm tired of you pretending to know what you blabber on about and childishly pushing disagree and dislike buttons. Thanks..

Another thread where yet again old mate holmsey (turbo1) is blowing Tommy’s trumpet by saying you have to leave him at fullback because he’s on big money and you have to let him develop. Give me a break son. Ponga is developing in pretty much his first year and is the best fullback in the game arguably.
He’s a nsw cup fullback at best. Move him to centre/wing and he’s representative quality.

You do realise all these young guys will want the money all the players you want to let go in the next season had? Players salaries do rise as they become better players just in case you forgot.

Yes, what i could forget in a minute is more than you will probably ever realise about RL young mister know everything. Their prices rise AFTER their current contract expires, not the next year.
Why do you think young guys are signed to 3 year contracts not 1?
You buy cheap, see how they grow, then extend the pick of the crop at higher money and discard the rest. It is called hedging.

Give me a break.

Tom is best at fullback and you will get that through your thick hide when he is settled with a stable consistent team. 2017? Or you just going to ignore his best season? Best fullback in the game last year and you'll find a lot had him winning the daily m fullback of the year, but when competing with Slater he is never going to beat the bias. Everyone except me thinks he isn't a fullback? I'm pretty sure all the players, former players, greats and coaches would say he is a fullback. I'd bet my life that Johns would scoff at the idea of wasting a great young fullback out on the wing. Dumb idea and will die once Tom silences the doubters and the team begins to perform again.

Api is worth every cent. He is the most creative 9 in the game and dominates the ruck in attack and defence. Fainu is solid but a 1 out of 10 compared to a season campaigner like Koroisau. What a stupid remark "better than Api will ever be" hahaha.

Kelly is a centre. That's it no moving him, belongs there and isn't a 6. Another weird move. Why move a great young talent from a position he currently dominates to a position he is not?

More childish rubbish.

We need to focus on 2019 and a NEEDS to happen. This is who and where I would have my 30 training for the off-season. I would do a cleanout, consolidate our finances, because we are in deep sh!t, and only look to buy a solid prop with a good injury history and a few promising youngsters.. Here goes.

Coach Not Barrett/Cartwrong (Manly guy/s highly preferred)
Trainers Not Ferris(Manly guy/s highly preferred)

1 Funa/ Anderson/Kelly
2 Jorge/Suli
3 Dylan
4 T Wright
5 TT
6 Kelly/ Cust/Dylan
7 DCE
8 Kapow
9 Fainu
10 new guy
11 Thommo
12 Amone/ Sirro(I feel we will be stuck with him)Jetski/Tanga
13 Jake

14 M Wright/Hodko(only coz we are stuck with him)
15 AFB
16 Paseka/ Sipley
17 Jetski/Tanga/Olakau’atu

That's 26 of a top 30, 4 to be picked from the rest we have and maybe a few new youngsters..

I would lose Api, Sirro(if I could), J Wright. Saves us 800k+.
Mr Plod, Darcy and Hastings save us $1M.

Hopefully pay forward $1/2M to the 6 guys that cost us far more than we can afford.

Most won't like this but it's all about consolidation. Unless we get a new owner that can bring in his mates with about $2M in TPA's ty we NEED to go.
If we go spending big chunks on say a 5/8 we will never get out of the hole we are in. We have 6 guys eating over half our money, we don't need another hungry feeder.

All IMHO of course.
Fair dinkum... we’ve already let go of both Lussick boys, Lane, Hasting’s, Uate and Nate farking Myles. We won’t be renewing Brown or Jono Wright and have signed nobody. I can’t see why we would discard any more first grade quality players, and surely... we will sign someone half bloody decent. We’re operating at $330 k under the cap, not $3 million.

Don't agree, you keep Tom at fullback and have him play a fullback role, instead of always taking the ball and stifling the backline. A good coach will get Tom doing the right things, i feel trent has him too much involved. He was developing fine until this year.

Yet again people choosing to move the rugby league discussion away from that and make it personal. I am delivering my opinion and what I have found from the professionals who have careers within or around rugby league. I am not childish because my opinion differs from that of others, and I do not lack knowledge because my opinion differs from others. I use the disagree when I disagree with a post. Not a personal shot saying you are wrong just saying I dont agree with this view and I usually give a strong reason why. I dont hold any grudges with any here but it's quite obvious that some really dislike me just because my opinion is different. I'm here to discuss footy not have people talk sh*t about or at me. Please leave me alone personally but question my option and view all you want because that is why I am here to discuss and give my thoughts on the club.

Another thread where yet again old mate holmsey (turbo1) is blowing Tommy’s trumpet by saying you have to leave him at fullback because he’s on big money and you have to let him develop. Give me a break son. Ponga is developing in pretty much his first year and is the best fullback in the game arguably.
He’s a nsw cup fullback at best. Move him to centre/wing and he’s representative quality.
A NSW Cup player at best? Really? Geez 2017 and 16 must have never happened but I do remember Tom absolutely dominating at fullback, 2018 he has still been good but not at the same level and he has suffered like the team with a dip in form. Ponga is a completely different player and body type, his role is also a lot simpler as he has a number of other players to do the roles around him unlike Tom who has been cast as our second halfback rather than a fullback in 2018. Let Tom develop not every player is the same or developing the same. Some take years to develop to their best like late bloomers Cody Walker and Luke Brooks. Tom will be a great of the game at fullback.

Api and Sirro are marquee stars! Hilarious Now you have proven your lack of RL knowledge.

This years side will cost 500k more next year because of upgrades and will end up in the same place as this year with the current admin and coaching.

Please put me on ignore or stop responding to my posts please. I'm tired of you pretending to know what you blabber on about and childishly pushing disagree and dislike buttons. Thanks..
You ask any current, former or pro if Api is a star and they will tell you he is one of the best in the game. Stop questioning my knowledge and credibility when it comes to discussing footy, just because you don't agree doesnt mean you are above me as a person or my opinion doesnt or is irrelevant. I have watched and studied the game for enough years, cried for this club to know I should have at least arent the right to speak my mind.

We’re operating at $330 k under the cap, not $3 million.

Correct, plus something like 1.5M-2M in TPA money under the likes of the rorters, broncos and storm.
The TPA figures for each club the NRL supplied are bullsh!t.
The thoroughbreds program for example, Slater only using 500k from the storms cap and the rorters sign everyone they can think of. 500k/year for Morris to be a backup winger.
Our lack of TPA money is the problem with competing, not the piddly 330K penalty.

We spend the total cap and are 1.5-2M worth of players behind them.
Reality.

Don't agree, you keep Tom at fullback and have him play a fullback role, instead of always taking the ball and stifling the backline. A good coach will get Tom doing the right things, i feel trent has him too much involved. He was developing fine until this year.

I totally agree with your above point.
How about his woeful defensive positioning and tackling? He doesn't play as part of a defensive UNIT.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8