My apologies for the site instability today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

I wanted to apologise for the site going up and down to day and the issues it has presented for some of you. I have pretty much finished all the modifications I needed to make for the day and there shouldnt be any more problems.

The changes are subtle and small and related to the way URL's look and the way they work on the forums as well as adding DIGG to the forums and other articles on the website.

So you should be able to start digging more stories and even forum posts now if you think they are worthy and its something I really hope you all start using and taking advantage of.

For those who don't know digg is basically a site where people mark stories, posts, sites or news articles they liked, they then "digg" them the mroe an article is "dugg" by others the higher it is rated on digg.com. The higher rated the more it is read and so on.

Something i think will be great for the site, and a good way to keep track of the articles and stories you like without having to search through all the ones on this site.

Cheers
Dan

It's all good.. i was aware the site was going through some slight changes so didn't mention anything.

No apologies needed mate :)

Dan,

Since yesterday i have to regularly log in to the site when moving from forum to forum thread. It always happens when the post times go from Sydney time to 7 hours earlier, ie 3pm becomes 8am. The is no regular patten in time or movements around the site.

Thought you might like to be aware of this.

I cant do much about that. THe issue is because we are on a load balanced server.

Basically what thi means is when the load is too high on one server you are routed to a new node to take away load and balance it out. It obviously is not keeping a persistent connection.

I would suggest you tick the box "stay logged in" or whatever it says when logging in this way you wont have that issue

could that be the reason why the site sometimes takes up to a minute to respond a lot of the time I'm online?

no that would be your backwater, redneck, hillbilly, roadkill eating, hick of a connection :)

yeah but that is the Queensland version

Also dont use IE

Dan,

Since yesterday i have to regularly log in to the site when moving from forum to forum thread. It always happens when the post times go from Sydney time to 7 hours earlier, ie 3pm becomes 8am. The is no regular patten in time or movements around the site.

Thought you might like to be aware of this.

Same for me and I have been ticking the boxes. I guess the different servers may need different cookies?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4