My 2 things from last night ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
forwards were much better this year no question, BUT, Paseka still ambles up to the line and looks scared on ocassion, rocks and diamonds, you'd never seen Nas do that for example
I don't want to get into back and forth,the only time I saw an amble was when someone dumped a pass off to him unexpectedly when he was just standing there and he then seemed to just look to assess where a gap was to try to make the best of being shafted.
I did not see him amble to the line any other time.
No offence but he did not look scared at any point,not sure how you can reach that thought.

I don’t think he was lazy in the first half but took the ball too flat.
Should have been deeper like in the second.
As someone who has played prop at a level way below NRL level it is not just standing deeper.
If you are taking the first hit up from a stoppage etc...it is easy to do and he did that.
If you are in general play and are standing too deep it is extremely hard to time your run and you run the risk of arriving late or too early if there is a hesitation in the play the ball and the entire play breaks down and is a waste.
In regards to NAS,he does not do the early hit ups like Paseka or the work in defence,he relies on Welch and King to do that and is more selective when he runs.I guess that may be a tactic from Melbourne and with Jake playing at prop I don't think Paseka can be selective.
Sorry,the NAS comment was meant for bomb voyage,trying to multi task...lol

Last edited:
Defence.
Hits were hard. Structure was pretty good, they kept the dogs at bay except for 1 lucky try. People will say Burton and Flanagan were crap but truth is our forwards bashed theirs and nullified their attack this strangled the halves.
Kikau was beaten into submission, other than the Belrose kid their forwards were out enthused

He had 18 runs for 179 metres and 17 tackles and worked hard.
Which part is lazy,he did more work in his first stint than the second?
Fist half he played 25 mins touched the ball 10 times and ran for 50 meters.don’t know where you got the busier first half from.

332289248_154496907475618_4368161277128534783_n.jpg

Best win we have had for a long time , the tussle around the 20-30 minute mark showed real heart from our side , we won the arm wrestle off the back foot. Very few forced balls and we really respected our possession, thats culture.

Fist half he played 25 mins touched the ball 10 times and ran for 50 meters.don’t know where you got the busier first half from.
18 runs.
10 in first stint.
8 in second stint.
Pretty simple maths.

One small step for Seibs ... one giant leap for Man-ly ...

Firstly ... I have been telling everybody that would listen ... there is nothing wrong with our forwards ... they have been very poorly coached by Des, and very poorly lead by Kaput ... last night just confirmed in my own mind that they will continue to improve ... and by years end be a dominant force .. and the backs will inherit the field ..

Secondly ... we all know Jake gives 100% ... but the teams 2 most maligned and discounted players .. Froggy and Parker were an absolute inspiration to their team mates last night .... those efforts are what the real Manly culture is all about .. don't expect either to be dropped any time soon ...

Edit ... and yes we could do with another hard nut prop ... but the lads we have will do the job ...

Your 2nd point has been going on for a couple of years now so its certainly nothing new. Jake and Froggie tackling themselves to a standstill. Not much has changed under Seibold in this respect.

While our other entitled forwards are not putting their bodies on the line in the same way.Our new signing Kelma seems the laziest

Olakau'atu has certainly improved his work rate but the others - no. Parker and DCE did more tackles than any other forward.

Big area of improvement required with our forwards if we are to challenge in 2023.

100% agree on the forwards, played like they should. Hit hard and ran hard.

Parker played well, Croker tried his heart out as per usual. But he’s just not a natural hooker, GCKT kills him in the skills department. We were a much much more cohesive attacking unit with him in the trials.

As for culture, GCKT was captain in the lower grades. You could see the players instantly gravitate to him. He’ll be the starting hooker by 2024 and we’ll be a much better team for it. That’s no sleight on Croker, he busts his arse every game, he’s just not a natural hooker..
I think with GCKT coming on fresh at 14 we'd be very competitive, he's a great little player and his spark would be fantastic against tiring defences, he'll eventually graduate to the 9 but blooding him at 14 would harden him up for future seasons, it's a win win I think

Your 2nd point has been going on for a couple of years now so its certainly nothing new. Jake and Froggie tackling themselves to a standstill. Not much has changed under Seibold in this respect.

While our other entitled forwards are not putting their bodies on the line in the same way.Our new signing Kelma seems the laziest

Olakau'atu has certainly improved his work rate but the others - no. Parker and DCE did more tackles than any other forward.

Big area of improvement required with our forwards if we are to challenge in 2023.

Okay, you're convinced me .. we were shiitehouse and just got lucky ...

Crocker tries his heart out and is a very good defender. For a guy who's played in the halves most his career ever since being a junior, we've got to applaud his transition into a hooker. He's better than a a handful of hookers that's out there that have dedicated their career in that position.

But we got to make a plan for the emergence of GCKT because he is the one that'll take us to the next level. We saw in that second trial, how the pace of the game was dictated by him and how there was just more creativity around the ruck with him at dummy half. He's our future.

Okay, you're convinced me .. we were shiitehouse and just got lucky ...

Did I say that? We were always in control, but it was only the dogs.

But we are behind Penrith, Roosters, Melb and Cowboys with defensive structure. To think otherwise is plain stupid.

If Seibold can have the other forwards up their work rate and D structure during the year, we will be in for a really good year.

Surely the bye won't trouble us😉
I understand you're only having a joke with Jerry about the bye but just on that ....... I was initially disappointed that we had the bye in the second round but after seeing how hot it was yesterday and how much that took out of all the players, I reckon the bye is a pretty good thing. Particularly when it's going to be in the 30's this week. They were all cramping up and looked exhausted. The week off to freshen up for Parra is not a bad thing.

Fist half he played 25 mins touched the ball 10 times and ran for 50 meters.

18 runs.
10 in first stint.
8 in second stint.
Pretty simple maths.
He came to life in the second half. Played really well. First half was full of ambles.. Now if he can play like he did in the second half from the get go he could be one of the best forwards in the comp.

That Dogs pack was decimated yesterday. We played well and tackled hard but let's see how they go in Rd 3 against the Parra pack with Lane and Matterson back.
Matterson out suspended till round 4 and will be out against us

I still think we need to not put GCKT on such a pedestal.
He isn't even first grade proven week in /week out yet.
When he gets his shot ,hopefully will start with short mins
and gradually build from there.
Tbh ,I'm not even sure he plays this year with Weekes and
Lawton there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4