My 2 most interesting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly has plenty of players to pique the interest in 2024. Brooks will attract everyone's attention, including mine, and there's heaps of fascinating stories to unfold, even with guys like Turbo and Schu.
But at this early early early stage, I'm most interested to follow the progress of: Aitasi James and Clayton Faulalo.
(Even though it's possible neither will even play NRL!!)

1701135449163.png

James certainly looks the part physically, if he can transfer 50% of his appearance into performance then he'll become a mainstay in our pack.

1701135508879.jpeg

Clayton is even more interesting. Apparently already aged 23, so... what happened last year? Just in the right place at the right time? Or is he an X factor player, late bloomer with some special talents? I'm guessing it's the latter, sure hope so, because Seibold already showed this year with Matto that he isn't afraid to select a late bloomer.

Silvertails membership is highly knowledgeable about footy, so would be good to hear thoughts on those two.
Or even better, share which Sea Eagles you're most curious to watch next year.

Pete W

Bencher
I think you're spot on in identifying these two in particular. Personally, had them both already in my 30, and for mine, are already ahead of the likes of Condon and Talau respectively.

Re James, he is the 'Tuitavake' we were all waiting for, except he's already got some decent stats at NRL level (playing in a beaten pack mind you). Powerful and surprisingly consistent/mistake-free for his level of experience. With good attitude, he will be nipping at the heels of Sipley and Bullemor.

Faulalo is the real smokey. Was last year just a fluke? I went back and found as much footage as I could on him, and he certainly has the skillset, game awareness, and a similar presence a lot of the greats do in terms of his movements, positionings, and handling. When I heard a rumour that the Storm signed him, I was surprisingly gutted as I could see him really excelling in a good system.

If Seibold and our coaching department are fair dinkum, these guys could be real guns by season's end.

@SeaEagleRock8 great post btw

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I got a real shock when James was included as a supplementary contract?! I thought we poached him and had him in line for a serious crack this year. Supplementary contract means the club view him as a way off at this stage and think of him as depth/development potential.

I liked what I saw of him last year. He must have deficiencies that I haven’t seen. I still have hope he can be a factor this coming season.

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know these two are already established in the 17, but for me it's Koula and Saab.

Saab is putting plenty of work in to make himself a better, stronger athlete and player and is starting to play with more confidence than his early seasons. He's got the potential to be so much more.

And Koula. When I watch him play, it just feels like something good is about to happen. He has IT, whatever that may be. I can't wait to see where his development takes his game to this season.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I think the 2 key players to make/break our season are Schu and Brooks.
I can tell ST that Schu is well and truly on track fitness wise and we all know he has the ability....
Players like Tom, Jake and Oka you know what we will get....so I don't include them here.
I think Gordie is the player I'm looking to really "impact" the dynamics of the team and there is another smokiecwho can play 9 also.
I like the 2 players SER8 chose
James is a big beast who could become a hit if he loves his environment and become a definite "impact" player
The speedy outside back Faulo is a speedy instinctive player and may well fit into this speedy Manly backline already full of flair.....I reckon could be a Wolfman type contributor with plenty of tries if given the opportunity

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly has plenty of players to pique the interest in 2024. Brooks will attract everyone's attention, including mine, and there's heaps of fascinating stories to unfold, even with guys like Turbo and Schu.
But at this early early early stage, I'm most interested to follow the progress of: Aitasi James and Clayton Faulalo.

View attachment 25566
James certainly looks the part physically, if he can transfer 50% of his appearance into performance then he'll become a mainstay in our pack.

View attachment 25567
Clayton is even more interesting. Apparently already aged 23, so... what happened last year? Just in the right place at the right time? Or is he an X factor player, late bloomer with some special talents? I'm guessing it's the latter, sure hope so, because Seibold already showed this year with Matto that he isn't afraid to select a late bloomer.

Silvertails membership is highly knowledgeable about footy, so would be good to hear thoughts on those two.
usually our young hopefuls have less experience but its pretty realistic that either could surpass a few incumbents.

with croker, gordie and humpries all looking to taste firsts this year im chucking some hope in that hooker corner.

all over the squad seems to be getting deeper, i did enjoy des but wtf was he up to . seemed like we had the leanist squad ever. Having players like woods outside all of these other player categories is really cool IMO

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I can tell ST that Schu is well and truly on track fitness wise and we all know he has the ability....
He has been on track fitness wise on numerous occasions throughout his career, only to end up off track.

Grain of salt in November.

But agree, he is integral…anyone chewing up that amount of cap (whether it’s 600k or 800k is irrelevant) is gonna determine our ability to successful.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
I'd love more characters like Gordie in the team (like another Wolfman) to hold onto and fall in love with...in a football kinda way. Reuben does that for me a bit, too. Jake is always lovable too.
What a dream it would be for Manly to take the mantle of the nice guys that finished 1st. Lodge and Brown are our only players that aren't widely regarded as genuinely good blokes. Even our enforcers are gentle giant types.

Ryan

Journey Man
What a dream it would be for Manly to take the mantle of the nice guys that finished 1st. Lodge and Brown are our only players that aren't widely regarded as genuinely good blokes. Even our enforcers are gentle giant types.

Prolly need a good mix....at our peak, we had the Hitman, Matai, and Choc, who were intimidating characters. Even Josh Perry had a bit of aggro about him, too.

Rocky

Bencher
Some good posts here and a heap of interesting players.

Mine are Aloiai and the Schu.

These two were poor last year and both are on big money. If they can get back to their best next year and other things click we could have a really good season.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Prolly need a good mix....at our peak, we had the Hitman, Matai, and Choc, who were intimidating characters. Even Josh Perry had a bit of aggro about him, too.
Even better is a good mix within 1 player. That is one of the reasons Guac is my favourite player in this squad and Matai was one of my favourites. Not an ounce of dickhead in their nature but are ruthless when they are on the field.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
He has been on track fitness wise on numerous occasions throughout his career, only to end up off track.

Grain of salt in November.

But agree, he is integral…anyone chewing up that amount of cap (whether it’s 600k or 800k is irrelevant) is gonna determine our ability to successful.
Not so much.
Media always states he is ready to show his worth and "fitter than ever" and he comes out looking like he swallowed a sheep and is sluggish.
He is actually fitter and faster right now than previously, but I do agree with the November call which is very early for a young bloke who has shown little discipline in the past and the hurdle of a decent break and Xmas around the corner.
The $600,000 to $800,000 is exactly right as $600,000 is his contract and there are $200,000 up for grabs with incentives.....which I for 1 - hope he earns.

I agree Fualolo could be anything. To other teams he's an unknown quantity. For some reason he reminds me of Michael O'Connor. Not the quickest player, but still has a diverse skillset from kicking to great footy smarts.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The most interesting thing as far as the Results driven Business goes and what counts most is that
Our Legendary club has made the finals only 3 times in 9 years
This is one of the longest finals droughts in our Proud clubs History
This drought belongs to the Penn era
Responsible club owners also take ownership and accountability for their clubs success or failure

We all love Manly and we all want Manly to be successful
and most of all We all love Manly Winners
Time to start Winning again Mr Penn
1701155725160.png

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
The most interesting thing as far as the Results driven Business goes and what counts most is that
Our Legendary club has made the finals only 3 times in 9 years
This is one of the longest finals droughts in our Proud clubs History
This drought belongs to the Penn era
Responsible club owners also take ownership and accountability for their clubs success or failure

We all love Manly and we all want Manly to be successful
and most of all We all love Manly Winners
Time to start Winning again Mr Penn
View attachment 25568
Your consistency is second to none Bozo.

View attachment 25566

View attachment 25567

Jayden Campbell is 23

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
We are in that beautiful goldilocks zone of the off season where we convince ourselves any player with upside is going to deliver.

The players a year or two in will take the next step.
The rookies will breakout.
The last chance saloon guys will rediscover their best.
The perennial under achievers are set to achieve.
The injury prone will finally string games together.

What a time to be alive!!

Personally I think Lodge will be decent, a good starting prop for us.
I think Brown wont make a significant positive impact.
I think Faulalo and James wont play more than 10 first grade games between them.
I think Paseka will continue his incremental improvement but Koula will step forward.
I think Saab will be Saab.
I HOPE.....HOPE Turbo plays 18 plus games.
Same for Burbo.
I think GCKT will provide some spark off the bench and become a fan fav but not convinced he will be a star.
Schuster......who knows, Personally I'd have Burbo on the left edge now till Schuster breaks down the door demanding that it is his place.
I think Parker and Croker will be lauded as dependable when we win and lambasted as terrible when we lose.
I think our left edge will have defensive issues but Brooks will be great in attack.
I'm not convinced Paulo or Talau will establish themselves as permanent starters but I hope they do.

Overall I think we'll improve and I think top 8 should be a very legitimate aim but I think consistency will continue to be a issue. We'll destroy teams some weeks and be frustratingly limp others.

Anyhoo, tag this and I bet I'm wrong on a heap.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20