My 2 most interesting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We all love Manly and we all want Manly to be successful
and most of all We all love Manly Winners
Time to start Winning again Mr Penn
New threads are generally started when someone thinks of a new discussion topic, or a new angle. I accept that it can be hard to know what the new thread is about if you don't read the thread title or the opening post.
Fyi it never occurred to me we needed a new thread about Sylvester Stallone and Winston Churchill! I apologise for any confusion.

Last edited:

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Jayden Campbell is 23
True, but he's played NRL for the last 3 years.
Most talented backline players are identified in juniors when very young, and have progressed through the grades and at least had a shot at NRL by the time they are 23. So history is against Faulalo, but on the other hand ... the possibility he is an exception makes him interesting (to me anyway!)

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Our two of most interest = "King Kong" Tong and Aitasi James
Yes I'm definitely interested in how Gordie steps up in 2024.
I probably should have picked him ahead of Clayton, because with our current backline depth it's possible he won't even get a chance in NRL. Whereas we are pretty much guaranteed to see plenty of Gordie.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Got to be, Turbo - Schuster. In every game that they played together, and it wasn't a lot, they had the opposition second guessing every attacking play that was conjured up by these two. With the sort of backline we've now got, barring injury of course, a repeat of the 2021 season isn't out of the question now.

joshcooper123

Reserve Grader
I think the clear problem for manly over the last few years is that we smash the teams in the bottom 8 and we loose to the teams in the top eight. My 2 most interesting players heading into this 2024 season are Paseka / Lodge and Koula.

For Paseka / Lodge we need a front row leader to face up and win / match the battle against top 8 opposition front rowers. This could be against JFH, Haas, AFB, Nelson, Tapine, Collins etc. If Paseka can play out to his size and potential this will allow our consistent stars of cherry, turbo, jurbo, garrick, saab, olakau'ata to play off the front foot or at least in a battle with the opposition not on the back foot like we have been lately.

For Koula he has the potential to win dally m centre of the year but its just the matter of can his team mates put him into the time and space that he needs. The big thing for Koula would be for him roaming both sides of the field playing left centre by being our strike weapon on the left side and still jumping over on the right side for set plays like outside inside balls with olakau'ata. Additionally, there's going to be games and times where the game will be in a stalemate and need someone to step up against top 8 teams and lately we haven't had that, especially when tom has been out. If Koula can have a bigger impact this year this will release pressure for our bigger attacking threats of turbo, cherry, saab and olakau'ata. Also, the games where Tom has been out recently it has been the belief of oh well that's our season, if koula has the opportunity he can then lead the team from the back and try and push our case for a top 4 finish.

Most of you may also be saying luke brooks will make a big difference but honestly he is a very similar type of player of what blake green and trent hodikson were when they played for us by an organising half with a decent running game and good kicking game and those players just did a job and were nothing spectactular.

For Schuster there's no chance he can magically change from can't running the ball and afraid of contact to this all out perfectly balanced second rower. i think he will be like the manly of the last few years and have some great games against the poor teams and be lost against the good teams when it counts.

For Clayton Faulalo unfortunately i'm not seeing a clear pathway into the starting team for some years. the certainties in our back 5 are tom, saab, koula and garrick and we need a left winger who can be a yardage winger and take those tackle 2 runs. Something of the role of tuipilotu or Vaega are currently competiting for. In my view he can replace Saab if he gets injured or leaves but apart from that he will be struggling for a spot for quite some time unless if he bulks up.

But overall,

Paseka and Koula it's your time

Eagle 1

First Grader
I think the clear problem for manly over the last few years is that we smash the teams in the bottom 8 and we loose to the teams in the top eight. My 2 most interesting players heading into this 2024 season are Paseka / Lodge and Koula.

For Paseka / Lodge we need a front row leader to face up and win / match the battle against top 8 opposition front rowers. This could be against JFH, Haas, AFB, Nelson, Tapine, Collins etc. If Paseka can play out to his size and potential this will allow our consistent stars of cherry, turbo, jurbo, garrick, saab, olakau'ata to play off the front foot or at least in a battle with the opposition not on the back foot like we have been lately.

For Koula he has the potential to win dally m centre of the year but its just the matter of can his team mates put him into the time and space that he needs. The big thing for Koula would be for him roaming both sides of the field playing left centre by being our strike weapon on the left side and still jumping over on the right side for set plays like outside inside balls with olakau'ata. Additionally, there's going to be games and times where the game will be in a stalemate and need someone to step up against top 8 teams and lately we haven't had that, especially when tom has been out. If Koula can have a bigger impact this year this will release pressure for our bigger attacking threats of turbo, cherry, saab and olakau'ata. Also, the games where Tom has been out recently it has been the belief of oh well that's our season, if koula has the opportunity he can then lead the team from the back and try and push our case for a top 4 finish.

Most of you may also be saying luke brooks will make a big difference but honestly he is a very similar type of player of what blake green and trent hodikson were when they played for us by an organising half with a decent running game and good kicking game and those players just did a job and were nothing spectactular.

For Schuster there's no chance he can magically change from can't running the ball and afraid of contact to this all out perfectly balanced second rower. i think he will be like the manly of the last few years and have some great games against the poor teams and be lost against the good teams when it counts.

For Clayton Faulalo unfortunately i'm not seeing a clear pathway into the starting team for some years. the certainties in our back 5 are tom, saab, koula and garrick and we need a left winger who can be a yardage winger and take those tackle 2 runs. Something of the role of tuipilotu or Vaega are currently competiting for. In my view he can replace Saab if he gets injured or leaves but apart from that he will be struggling for a spot for quite some time unless if he bulks up.

But overall,

Paseka and Koula it's your time
Pretty much agree with your assessment Josh. Top two again in forward strength will be the Riff and Broncs no doubt, when all of our forwards are fit and available we'll match it with the rest. Just need to get the injury curse of our backs. If we make 8-5 let's see how far we go, we make top 4, they'll all be looking over their shoulders, and It'll be game on.

manly al

First Grader
Gordie definitely of keen interest to provide some point of difference in ruck attack when Froggy needs a rest and when the ruck area should be a bit more open .
Definitely has that ability to get his side on the front foot to good effect .
Lawton just not offering enough in a similar role , Weekes provided a couple of good plays there but also was not the most suited there . .
Brooks probably the other , really struggled to get some consistent , reliable performances at 6 last season so pretty important for Brooks to boost that role .
Tommy Talu not getting any attention apparently but probably would have to initially indicate at least he is a better option then even Parker as a start up centre and assuming that Garrick may have first dibs with Koula.
Again would suggest Gordie and Brooks

Eagle 1

First Grader
Gordie definitely of keen interest to provide some point of difference in ruck attack when Froggy needs a rest and when the ruck area should be a bit more open .
Lawton just not offering enough in a similar role , Weekes provided a couple of good plays there but also was not the most suited there . .
Brooks probably the other , really struggled to get some consistent , reliable performances at 6 last season so pretty important for Brooks to boost that role .
Tommy Talu not getting any attention apparently but probably would have to initially indicate at least he is a better option then even Parker as a start up centre and assuming that Garrick may have first dibs with Koula.
As always Al, you've brought up al lot of interesting permutations to ponder. Maybe the 2 pre-season games may sort out some players and what position they'll play.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Our two most important players = Cherry and Turbo
Our two highest potentials = Shuster and Brooks
Our two of most interest = "King Kong" Tong and Aitasi James
Our must have forwards = Lodge, Paseka and Haumole

We must over come this mindset to over come our one player Manly winning team mindset
If we are to become a more resilient and enterprising finals series team

Our two most important characteristics in our Manly squad should consist of resilience and enterprise

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We must over come this mindset to over come our one player Manly winning team mindset

Our two most important characteristics in our Manly squad should consist of resilience and enterprise
Are there any particular Manly players you are most interested in watching next year? (I can think of a couple you are least interested in watching, but that could be a different topic!)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Are there any particular Manly players you are most interested in watching next year? (I can think of a couple you are least interested in watching, but that could be a different topic!)
Yes there are plenty Interesting Manly players in our underachieving Manly squad that excite me with their notable skill strength speed and resilience that interest me
Koula ,
Garrick
Saab
King Tong
Haumole
Paseka
The Shue
Vaega
Zac Fulton who was only given just one opportunity and he proved his worth against formidable opposition
I believe the above players have not peaked and this is what excites me on how greater they can be

The below players keep on keeping being great players
Tom
DCE
Jake
Tom has had a few injuries but Champions always over come adversaries and and this is why they are called champions
Tom will, rise once again like a Champion Eagle that he is
1701218440750.png
e

silvereagle

Reserve Grader

Bozo, I mentioned 11 players in my comment. Not just one!!
Also you will not beat a Penrith or a Brisbane with just resilience and enterprise. You will also need a good balanced roster and some top line quality cattle.... sprinkled with a bit of luck around injuries. I think we are almost there with the roster and quality but as always, holding my breath around injuries. Surely we are due for a good year in that department.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member

I disagree with the above quite firmly. Brooks is definitely a running half and is at his best when he doesn't have the responsibility of organising.

Definitely would not have Green or Hodkinson as comparisons

Last edited:
Paseka really has to step up and be more consistent. For a guy his size, he should be dominating like Nelson Solomona.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Definitely would
'not'
have Green or Hodkinson as comparisons
Is this what you meant?
Brooks doesn't play like either of them.
They were both astute organisers but lacked any dangerous running game. In Hodko's case due to serious knee injuries before he even made NRL, in Green's case because he was always slow and by the time his organising started to blossom he was also pretty old.

'not'

Is this what you meant?
They were both astute organisers but lacked any dangerous running game. In Hodko's case due to serious knee injuries before he even made NRL, in Green's case because he was always slow and by the time his organising started to blossom he was also pretty old.
Hodko and Green had Fonua Blake and Tapau to make all those yards. Now we have a totally different pack.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
'not'

Is this what you meant?
Indeed

Edited

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20