My 150 million Powerball win.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark you are already one of the spiritual owners of the Sea Eagles! We all are

It is us and our ilk who will keep the legend of MWSE alive down through the years, passing on tales of the teams exploits and battles, making sure their mighty deeds are not lost to the dustbin of history.
(Doesn’t get us into the Chairman’s Lounge though, so dream on )

Mark you are already one of the spiritual owners of the Sea Eagles! We all are

It is us and our ilk who will keep the legend of MWSE alive down through the years, passing on tales of the teams exploits and battles, making sure their mighty deeds are not lost to the dustbin of history.
(Doesn’t get us into the Chairman’s Lounge though, so dream on )

I got into the football club box once ( thanks Darrell Williams ) , that was sort of near the Chairman’s Lounge.

Here are some uncomfortable truths about the lottery:

1 - You have a higher chance of getting struck by lightning than winning.
2 - Following on from 1, you are wasting money trying to win.
3 - Even if you did win, your life will be worse 5 years from now for having won than it is now.
4 - The gambling industry ruins tens of thousands of lives and sucks billions of dollars out of the pockets of our poorest people every year.
And football clubs are happy to accept millions of dollars from lottery companies for naming rights to their grounds

Fact of life the poor people pay footballers salaries one way or another whether it is through Lottoland or poker machines in leagues clubs

Here are some uncomfortable truths about the lottery:

1 - You have a higher chance of getting struck by lightning than winning.
2 - Following on from 1, you are wasting money trying to win.
3 - Even if you did win, your life will be worse 5 years from now for having won than it is now.
4 - The gambling industry ruins tens of thousands of lives and sucks billions of dollars out of the pockets of our poorest people every year.

Come on mate. I'm a Maths teacher and I didn't even trot all of that stuff out.

Change your name to eaglebuzz"kill".

Last edited:
Come on mate. I'm a Maths teacher and I didn't even trot all of that stuff out.

Change you name to eaglebuzz"kill".
I used to work in a newsagency, I sold so many scratchies and lottery tickets to people who clearly could not afford to buy them. A little of me died inside every time I did.

Australia's gambling culture is incredibly toxic, it needs a lot more than a buzz kill.

Last edited:
I knew a decky who used to sit in the pub all day when he wasn't working. He won the million dollar lottery and bought his own trawler, got a skipper to run it for him and sat around in the pub all day. He used to talk wistfully about when he was working on the boats.

I used to work in a newsagency, I sold so many scratches and lottery tickets to people who clearly could not afford to buy them. A little of me died inside every time I did.

Australia's gambling culture is incredibly toxic, it needs a lot more than a buzz kill.

I can afford it, I don’t gamble ( horses etc ) , and only ever buy these tickets when there’s these super amounts of money.

I’ve bought maybe 6 Powerball tickets in 5 years.

But I get your drift.

Oh sorry, I do gamble I buy a ticket every year that Manly’s going to win the GF, and I spend $10 on the Melbourne Cup.

Just letting you know I’m winning the 150 Million tonight.

I’ve always wanted to live in a luxury northern beaches beachside mansion and own the Sea Eagles.

When I do this I might even grant all long term Silvertailers free Chairman’s Lounge access for life.

Who knows, MFB might be the new Scott Penn.
If it can't be me, you are next on the list Mark.

I used to work in a newsagency, I sold so many scratches and lottery tickets to people who clearly could not afford to buy them. A little of me died inside every time I did.

I understand. Problem gambling is a massive issue. But as MFB said, it's a once in a blue moon thing.
I have a Keno when I go to the club too knowing full well I'm not going to win. It's a bit of fun.

I am impressed that this incarnation of you is still here and with every post you make I think is this the end? When will she / he cross the line? When will they be gone? It's gripping stuff and I thank you for it. I do. The Silvertails community is better for mullets, God, German, PPC and dodging salads.
God love ya womboss i hope your not as deranged as your avatar ;)
Ps you don't make friends with salad!

Revelations 21:7-8

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6