Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MWSE Squad Contract Status

Blake A

Frustrating that Schuster is no longer listed in the 'Top 30' on the Manly Website. Who makes such a mistake? Has he signed or not? I have message the club about it on Facebook.... I assume they wouldn't reply to such a message, but I really want to know the details with Schuster. He is a player that we can't lose.

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
Relax people .... there is 4 months to go before we have to name a top squad .... I am sure Dessie is still wrestling with about 10 possibles V probables .....

A part from a list of contracted players .... why would you be making decisions on your top 30 ... 4 months before you had to ....

Fukken millenials and your instant gratification worldview .... the club will announce their top squad when they want to ....

mumble mumble moan piss ... bloody numbnuts !

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Relax people .... there is 4 months to go before we have to name a top squad .... I am sure Dessie is still wrestling with about 10 possibles V probables .....

A part from a list of contracted players .... why would you be making decisions on your top 30 ... 4 months before you had to ....

Fukken millenials and your instant gratification worldview .... the club will announce their top squad when they want to ....

Ok Boomer.

Blake A

I hear you, but why is it even a requirement of the NRL that teams name anyone right now?

Woodsie

I hear you, but why is it even a requirement of the NRL that teams name anyone right now?
I don't think it is .... I thought the first time a club had to name a squad of 28 was in late Feb or March ..... @HappilyManly and her cheerful team of nubile researchers will know for sure and certain .....

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
I am hearing Schuster is def part of the full time training squad

Batty

Yep.... same here. This is a message they sent me on Facebook in reply to my question about him...
Good news.
It really is a little poor of the club though. Naming him in the squad then removing him. Amateur hour.

Each club must name a squad of minimum 24 now as the 1st of Nov starts the new NRL year.
Clubs then have until March 1 to register 29 players before top 30 squads are locked in at the end of June next year.

Whoever decided to withhold all this signing news and then allow leaks to get into the media needs to rethink the process a little.

HappilyManly

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Premiership #9 is due!
Premium Member
I don't think it is .... I thought the first time a club had to name a squad of 28 was in late Feb or March ..... @HappilyManly and her cheerful team of nubile researchers will know for sure and certain .....
NRL 2020 squads, player signings, transfers & contracts

November 1 signals the start of rugby league's new financial year with each club confirming a minimum of 24 contracted players for next season.

Clubs then have until March 1 to register 29 players before top 30 squads are locked in at the end of June next year.

Woodsie

November 1 signals the start of rugby league's new financial year with each club confirming a minimum of 24 contracted players for next season.

Thanks Happily .... confirms what I thought .... I think there is a strong distinction between "contracted" players ... and who is in the top squad ......

Development players and some juniors are contracted to the club but that doesn't mean they are in the top 30 ..... pretty sure we won't know for sure who is in the top squad until late Feb ....

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Abbas Miski is still training with full time squad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom