mwse shutdown??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cliffy Gc link said:
hey jethro hang on a sec mate
i hooked in to him for one reason and i have just done it again now,

for personally insulting the players.

Ill be honest at the moment i believe the following players arent playing up to the standard i expect of them as a fan
Tony williams
Wolfy
Lyon king (against souths)
Kite
Perry
Glenn Stewart

those blokes need to look in the mirror and dig deep.

But calling blokes soft, useless, little C's, the williams sisters and she rex is disgraceful and thats what i have issue with

play the ball not the man

As I said in the post Cliffy, sorry for dragging you into the discussion but I was just pointing something out to Vid and as for what Snoz wrote in that "Time for a cleanout" thread over at MWSE, I couldn't see much wrong with it besides maybe the Tony Williams comment because there has probably been worse than him although the comment that he made was from a personal observation of his and in fact his whole post was from a personal observation that he had made.  My main beef with that thread was with Philip and his comment.  I also couldn't understand why you were supporting his outburst towards Snoz.  I believe that his response was totally uncalled for and his whole response reaffirmed my reason why I said to Kiwi Eagle in this thread that I hardly visit there anymore because there were too many or there were previously too many over there who were quick to jump on and chastise anybody with a different opinion or said anything bad about a Manly player or the club.  I also think that there are also a lot over there who seem to be wearing their Maroon & White glasses with blinkers attached so that they are taking the tunnel vision approach instead of looking at the big picture.  I don't know, maybe things have changed over there and it isn't like that anymore and that thread was just a bad example but what I have written here is just a personal observation by me.  Maybe I should take the time and read their forum a bit more to make a better judgement.

There's a lot been said here about "censorship" over at MWSE.

I agree totally with Vidmar the two 'closedowns" at the start of the year were NOT so the members couldn't comment it was so the Journo's couldn't get comments to use in their trashie papers.

I think we as members are pretty lucky to actually have an official forum to post on, I don't know the answer to this but how many clubs actually have a forum???

I know the Bronco's don't, I know the Panthers do but don't know about the rest.

And as to a closedown over the weekend, I don't think it was actually "shut down", I believe it may have been some technical issues that caused it to not be available for a short time.

The two times it was shut down earlier in the year there was an ADMIN post (in Red) saying WARNING and requesting members to be careful of what they say, there was no such warning this time.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
There's a lot been said here about \"censorship\" over at MWSE.

I agree totally with Vidmar the two 'closedowns\" at the start of the year were NOT so the members couldn't comment it was so the Journo's couldn't get comments to use in their trashie papers.

I find it almost laughable this assertion that a "journalist" would be bothered to troll the forum, talk about overestimating the intelligence of the posts over there. If I read any report, newspaper or online, and it used quotes from a fan forum I'd fall off my seat laughing at the stupidity and the laziness of the author. Does anyone actually believe this as an excuse ?

Seems you don't read the papers C & C...there were a number of comments "trolled" from the MWSE forum.

And I personally recieved 2 phone calls from two Journo's over comments I made, BOTH OF THEM said they had an insider give them my number and were directly quoting the comments I had made on MWSE

I spoke at length to Dean Ritchie but when he misquoted me in the article I refused to speak to the second journo.

So sadly your comments don't cut the mustard!!

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=181313.msg236126#msg236126 date=1249938305]

I agree totally with Vidmar the two 'closedowns\" at the start of the year were NOT so the members couldn't comment it was so the Journo's couldn't get comments to use in their trashie papers.

I find it almost laughable this assertion that a "journalist" would be bothered to troll the forum, talk about overestimating the intelligence of the posts over there. If I read any report, newspaper or online, and it used quotes from a fan forum I'd fall off my seat laughing at the stupidity and the laziness of the author. Does anyone actually believe this as an excuse ?
[/quote]  LOL  Our local paper regularly writes "news" articles according to anonymous comments made on the previous day's news articles. 

They weren't lifting comments straight from posts though were they ? They rang you and spoke to you and at least did some groundwork, I also believe that Cliffy may have been quoted at the same time.

That's a lot different to looking at the forum and reprinting totally unsubstantiated forum posts isn't it ?

Their excuse doesn't cut the mustard.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=181313.msg236131#msg236131 date=1249939589]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=181313.msg236126#msg236126 date=1249938305]

[/quote]  LOL  Our local paper regularly writes "news" articles according to anonymous comments made on the previous day's news articles. 
[/quote]

And just how seriously do you take those articles ? Your LOL says it all.

Journo's are Journo's Matabele, I consider them the low of the lows...what do they say about Newspapers "don't beleive anything you read".

Just watch them salivate over the Greg Inglis affair.....and when they run out of steam on the story they will start on the fan forums to get some ideas on how to keep the story going another few days.

I hate them with a passion!!

vidmar link said:
Bit simplistic MS?

Fully agree that the factors above were not ideal but it is well documented that the majority of the NRL clubs are really struggling financially apart from the the ones propped up by News Limited and/or who get good attendances like the Broncos.

Hence the push by the NRL on memberships.

Ultimately, for anyone who went through the whole Northern Eagles debacle when we so nearly lost our club to even contemplate debating the value of membership dollars supporting a financially viable club is (in my humble opinion) very, very silly

Yes. So Manly's situation where you have a second entity (called the Football club) that is behaving as a competitor to the income stream to the main football playing entity is quite damaging to the club in light of your comments above?

I didn't say they used the comments directly C & C, but they troll the forums for comments and then use them (in whatever way).

Your point was they wouldn't use the forums, and I disagreed.

And that was my point, mustard or not!!

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181313.msg236134#msg236134 date=1249940387]
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=181313.msg236131#msg236131 date=1249939589]

[/quote]  LOL  Our local paper regularly writes "news" articles according to anonymous comments made on the previous day's news articles.  
[/quote]

And just how seriously do you take those articles ? Your LOL says it all.
[/quote]  I think it's hilarious, but sadly in a place like Dubbo half the bogan rednecks can't see through it.  Personally I have no issue with it happening and exploit it to the max.  ;)

You could have quite easily said no comment when they rang you and that would have been the end of the great investigative journalism. Do you still buy the Daily Telegraph (or it's Brisbane News Ltd equivalent ?), if you do then what message is that sending them ?

Anyway in MY opinion it's a soft option to take by the club. It's typical of what is wrong with society in general, we are all treated like idiots and fools.

I think it is incredibly naive of anyone who thinks it is appropriate for an official club site forum to allow vicious comments about players, administration or staff. Would any other company allow something like that on a company sponsored site? It just won't happen and to think it should is nuts. It doesn't matter if you pay for the privelege. They are entitled to have rules, which they do, and if it has to be shut down because they receive a barrage of rule breaking posts then that is the way it goes. For the record I could post there but just do not. That is why I am on ST.

I think MB's rationale for shutting the forums down is on the money.  It's not so much about the dastardly deeds of journalists as it is about preventing an "official" forum where employees of said entity are savaged.  While I agree with C&C that the players ought to be more robust as to take constructive criticism, in this world of cotton wool we know that ain't gunna happen.

That's why they should ban individuals and not shut down the whole show.

Anyway I'm like you, I've been a member for years and haven't made one post over there. Ultimately I don't care what they do, but it just annoys me when it gets shut down because this site then becomes populated by the conga line of morons that have nowhere else to post.

I've been a member for years but every time I make the most of benign posts over there I'm run out of town by a poster that goes by the name of oldboy.  I'm terrified of him. ;)

Matabele link said:
I've been a member for years but every time I make the most of benign posts over there I'm run out of town by a poster that goes by the name of oldboy.  I'm terrified of him. ;)

Didn't you say a while back that he is now over here using the alias "Rex"?

and even rex has joined the dark side over here, he has posted some scathing stuff over the last couple of days, and more power to him :)

Purely tongue in cheek vis a vis oldboy/Rex.  The old boy kows his stuff and comes up with some good stuff.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4