MWSE forum closed down today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh yeah, one more thing, don't take the Karma [applaud] [smite] counts to heart. They are only there for a bit of fun and not meant to be taken seriously.

Hi all, after paying to get on the official forums they close the thing down so here i am  :)

Jethro link said:
Oh yeah, one more thing, don't take the Karma [applaud] [smite] counts to heart. They are only there for a bit of fun and not meant to be taken seriously.

They're not ? When did this happen ? I thought it was a badge of honour to be the most smote poster on Silvertails. DSM and Matas have been vying for that title for years.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=183601.msg267004#msg267004 date=1276738516]

They're not ? When did this happen ? I thought it was a badge of honour to be the most smote poster on Silvertails. DSM and Matas have been vying for that title for years.
[/quote]

I think I'm giving those guys a fair run for their money :)

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=183601.msg267022#msg267022 date=1276742557]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A free applaud for you then, bro.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=183601.msg267022#msg267022 date=1276742557]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well ive only made one post and ive already been smited lol

Usually postings mentioning the applause and smiting usually earn a smite from one of the resident smart asses

Gday everyone, I've just come across too. Jeez this forum is busy. I don't even know if this post has been done properly.
Too much going on. Bloody smileys? I guess I'll have to get used to it.
Go Manly! It's been a lean for couple of weeks for NSW supporting Manly fans.

Ive never given one single smite or applaud in my many years here. Not sure why.

But of course now ive said that, smites applenty for me i presume.

Btw, i do reserve the right to feverishly smite and applaud away in the future.

Chip & Chase link said:

[/quote]

Those guys have got a long way to go to get to be the most smited.  It has taken DSM5 since 22/2/05 and 5559 posts to get to Karma +165/-394 and Mata from the date of the Alternate Eagles/Silvertails website inception (15/7/04) and 26778 posts to get to Karma +66/-167. 

The current Silvertails most smited person that I know of is reyam who joined at the beginning of last year (8/3/09) and has made 95 posts and has made the grand total Karma count of +4/-669

Mark from Brisbane link said:
The newbies will need a bit of help to assimilate here, especially as it's VERY different to MWSE.

I don't mind the occasional barb or spear thrown at me, it's when it gets a bit personal (as it can do) that's the worry.

By all means knock my opinion (if you wish) but playing the man is a low blow I reckon.

So the newbies will have to be \" a little cooler and not take things to heart\" and the \"oldies\" will have to be a little understanding of them for a while, once everyone is assimilated then go for your lives and let demoracy rule again!!

Im of the opinion that there were a select few dropkicks over at MWSE that were either dinasours who couldnt handle other younger viewpoints or aggressive meatheads who attacked anyone elses differing opinion.

Both types would play the man not the ball and when faced with that its obvious responses are going to come. Lets hope we dont see that rubbish infiltrate here.

As for this site being different, its only because there is more freedom via less moderation as opposed to having combative posters. So i regard this forum as far more peaceful and focused on footy debate than what I saw over at MWSE.

yazman78 link said:
G'day everyone. I have come across as well. I am an Auckland, New Zealand based supporter of the great club.

You will get along fine with Kiwi Eagle - welcome

Kiwi Eagle made the trip over the ditch to join us for the weekend at the gold Coast and I spent some time with him Friday and Saturday.

He's a good lad and seemed to enjoy himself and get amongst the group

Welcome KE, hooe you enjoyed SOO last night...great atmosphere, shame about the result BUT welcome anyway and to all my old mates form MWSE...good to have you back!!

Do I get an applaud for that???

Well Ive come across.

Look forward to still having somewhere to keep in touch with whats going on.

Cheers

gday guys life long manly tragic here and i just recently signed up,tried to do so over at mwse but it was a ****fight lol,i like being in this PRO manly environment and knowing whats happening with player signings etc ,ill try and contribute with some one eyed insitefulness(is that a word) lol, from time to time aswell

cheers

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4