MWSE forum closed down today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well interesting times ahead. I just hope that this place doesn't deteriorate as a result. I liked that this place had a certain irreverance and healthy debate has always been encouraged, even though it gets a little robust sometimes. It's always had a nice community feel for me, with just the right amount of contributors and not too many d!ckheads. I hope that isn't lost with an influx of refugees from the official site. I'm not looking forward to dealing with some of the MWSE sychopants who think that any form of criticism of the team is a personal attack on their credentials as a Manly fan. Man the barricades !!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to the first "wake up to yourselves" thread following our next loss......it'll be just like the old days.

Just got home from work and checked my emails and thought what the....  Went onto the MWSE site and now I am here

I think it is a shame the club had to do this. But to all those coming here for the first time - welcome and enjoy your stay. Go Manly!

I think the beauty of this site is that it is pretty well self regulated. There has been plenty of blow ins who have made plenty of noise, but don't tend to hang around too long.

vidmar link said:
I wouldn't worry about a seperate forum Dan to be honest...?

Your site is getting promo's from regular posters on MWSE and word will spread pretty quickly.

Most of the members know each other now from games/trips etc (or at least by reputation or forum name) so will more than likely move here to keep in contact with each other.

Mind you, from time to time I do feel there is likely to be some very spirited debate between the locals here and the \"newby's\" coming in to town......

Good result for you though mate?

Onwards & upwards hey!

I've seen you quite a few times at the footy Vid - Will say G'day next time.

Cheers - Jerry

A mercy killing as well as a victory for some dinosaurs.  I suppose it is better than the stupid middle ground they attempted to tread in recent weeks. 

What will cohag do with his life now?

Aaron killed it just prior to kickoff in the SOO.

My stats over there as Bob Dylan were getting up there with 56000 page visits and almost 3000 posts.

Glad this forum is around for me stay in touch with everyone.

Peter link said:
Aaron killed it just prior to kickoff in the SOO.

My stats over there as Bob Dylan were getting up there with 56000 page visits and almost 3000 posts.

Glad this forum is around for me stay in touch with everyone.

Jeez I know Bob - Ain't it great to be a newbie!

Cheers -  Jerry

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
change your name back to Bob Dylan, so ppl know who you are

Agreed

Also, welcome to all of the new "Newbies"

Matabele link said:

Surely he'll be over here madly posting in the MWTS forum, which of course is proudly sponsored by Ambassador Travel.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183601.msg266835#msg266835 date=1276690505]

Surely he'll be over here madly posting in the MWTS forum, which of course is proudly sponsored by Ambassador Travel.
[/quote]

ahah3.gif

Thats kind of my bad I had to create his account for him.

I will fix it if he wants me to

Hello?..Is this Christmas Island? I'm another claiming refugee status from MWSE....OMG,OMG...you guys have emoticons.... ;D ;D ;D

That's what you get for:
1) Forcing members to pay $ to join it,
2) Using a dodgy, ugly, non-mainstream format,
3) Having inadequate moderation / moderators.

As soon as they started forcing you to pay to use it ages ago, I bailed & virtually forgot about it.

A Shame.

hey dan
are you going to go back to making the forums content visable only to logged in users.

I say **** em if members of the clubs admin and board wanna see wats being posted here they can go to hell.

Looks like Mr Lowe and friends are doing their best to make the club the closed shop it was in 80s and 90s

I would agree with Cam.
This move will only serve to further distance the club from fans/members and flush down the loo all the good work that Azza worked tirelessly for.

There is no way that G Mayer would have made this kind of ridiculous business decision.
Having a non business minded CEO at the helm, who is not only out of touch with technology , but sadly also with the clubs members and fans will be detrimental in the long run. (even if they are saving on ceo's salary)

WAMF link said:
I would agree with Cam.
This move will only serve to further distance the club from fans/members and flush down the loo all the good work that Azza worked tirelessly for.

There is no way that G Mayer would have made this kind of ridiculous business decision.
Having a non business minded CEO at the helm, who is not only out of touch with technology , but sadly also with the clubs members and fans will be detrimental in the long run. (even if they are saving on ceo's salary)
spot on wamf

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4