MWDRLFC Membership Renewals Due now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks for posting.

I thought I renewed ages ago (I always seem to) but now I get to get to check to make sure I paid the right amount.

Snake, I'll ask DCE and see what he says.

I'm going to join but apart from club pride support and a cap does it give anything else?
The MWRLFC and its members is a co-owner of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited, and the more members we have, the more shares we can purchase and the more money goes to helping the team we all love.
Ownership, albeit only 11% , but still with 2 seats on the Board of the Manly Sea Eagles Franchise @:)

Last edited:
Anyone know how many Football Club members there are ?? Annual report only lists about 650 or so but my membership number is greater than that and I've been a member for over 10 years.

Strange if only around 650 as my number is 5404 and have been a member for just under 10 years.

Strange if only around 650 as my number is 5404 and have been a member for just under 10 years.
Maybe the membership number isn't chronological ?? I can't believe we would have lost around 5000 members in less than 10 years and not signed any new ones up.

Be interested in the current membership number for anyone who signs up for the first time this week. Let us know what your membership number is approximately

Thanks @HappilyManly This is something I’ve been meaning to do for years but never quite got around to, so your post was a terrific prompt. The joining process was easy (other having to scroll the dates back way too far for my DOB). Like others here I’m now all signed up with recurring renewal. Cheers
I was the same mate.
But I knew it was worth it when I got a letter from Cliffy.
That's enough in itself...

As someone who's interstate and knows very little about the footy club, what's the difference between the 2 entities of Manly and how does it benefit the club if I join?...

@HappilyManly (as always) is an expert at explaining the diff (she does it often)

super super short explanation.

1) Manly membership pack money (the one with all the seats/lanyards/stickers) goes to Mr Penn to use at the club as deemed fit (not saying that's a bad thing btw).

2) This thread is about the MWDRLFC. The MWDRLFC (Manly Warringah district rugby league footy club) owns 11% of the mighty sea-eagles and has 2 seats on the overall board. (Made up of 5 Penns and 2 mwdrlfc)

Edit: Benefits of joining. Depends on what you think is important.

By keeping the mwdrlfc going, it prevents a sole owner taking the club and doing what they want with it.

The mwdrlfc has the final say on Manly colours and amount of games played at brookie.
They are the original 1947 entity and are the 'keepers of the history' of Manly.
Life membership to the mwdrlfc is the 'real' life membership award.

Apart from having the check and balance around colors, home ground, history etc the main reason I join the FC is to ensure that there is an entity and structure in place that the NRL license can be handed to if ever the private owners go Belly up.

Newcastle and Titans in recent years didn’t have a structured governance model in place when their respective ownerships dissolved (from my limited knowledge) therefore NRL had to move in and run the clubs.

I don’t want Shoddy Toddy any where near us if such a thing occurred

@Batty .. you will get a better explanation from others but the MWDRLFC is the original "Manly" club that ran the Sea Eagles for ever until forced to sell due to financial reasons to Delemege ... they are the heart, soul and passion of Manly ....
@Batty the Football Club is the 1947 membership organization that we've supported on the field.

It owns our team colours, name and directs our home ground location for a minimum of 10 games per season.

The MSE Franchise is the present holder of the NRL Licence as the NRL owns all Club logos.:confused:
(Since Super League was savvy enough to take out the required trademarks that the ARL incredibly failed to do for 90 years.:banghead:)

MSE Franchise was formed when the Football Club sourced investors to break away from the Northern Eagles Joint Venture.

FC has not sold, rather a 3 way ownership structure was formed with the LC (main financial source of the FC till 1999) and outside owners Delmege and Penn Sports Company, resulting in the MSE Franchise.

Delmege needed monies after the 2007 GFC and sold their 2 board seats to Quantum.

LC needed monies so they sold all but 1 share and their single Franchise Board seat to Penn Sports.

Quantum needed monies for on off shore venture in 2014 and sold their 2 board seats to Penn Sports.

FC maintains its 2 board seats on the 7 seat MSE board.
This means that it has to approve budgets, CEOs and is aware of future strategies for the MSE.

It prevents a takeover/sale of the Franchise without a 75% FC Financial (3 continuous years) Member Vote :)

This is why Penn Sports attempted a takeover of the FC Board a few years ago.
But the FC Members saw the danger in a single shareholder structure and we voted down their ticket :rock:

This is why its important for the FC Membership to grow and maintain our heritage into the future :wait:

@Batty the Football Club is the 1947 membership organization that we've supported on the field.

It owns our team colours, name and directs our home ground location for a minimum of 10 games per season.

The MSE Franchise is the present holder of the NRL Licence as the NRL owns all Club logos.:confused:
(Since Super League was savvy enough to take out the required trademarks that the ARL incredibly failed to do for 90 years.:banghead:)

MSE Franchise was formed when the Football Club sourced investors to break away from the Northern Eagles Joint Venture.

FC has not sold, rather a 3 way ownership structure was formed with the LC (main financial source of the FC till 1999) and outside owners Delmege and Penn Sports Company, resulting in the MSE Franchise.

Delmege needed monies after the 2007 GFC and sold their 2 board seats to Quantum.

LC needed monies so they sold all but 1 share and their single Franchise Board seat to Penn Sports.

Quantum needed monies for on off shore venture in 2014 and sold their 2 board seats to Penn Sports.

FC maintains its 2 board seats on the 7 seat MSE board.
This means that it has to approve budgets, CEOs and is aware of future strategies for the MSE.

It prevents a takeover/sale of the Franchise without a 75% FC Financial (3 continuous years) Member Vote :)

This is why Penn Sports attempted a takeover of the FC Board a few years ago.
But the FC Members saw the danger in a single shareholder structure and we voted down their ticket :rock:

This is why its important for the FC Membership to grow and maintain our heritage into the future :wait:

In a nutshell!!

We must keep it going and you can’t vote until you’ve been a member for three years to stop “ branch stacking”, so if not a member join up, and think of it as a donation!!

They used to list the member's names. I used to enjoy looking for family and friends. I can't see this anymore, is it in there somewhere?

Bump!

My card finally arrived today, I like the throwback to those collectable cards look.

No hat though. *sigh* (in time for 2019 kick off...lol)

Overseas members rise up! Sharpen that guillotine, the revolution is coming!

Look, a squirrel.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7