Mundine's boxing future in doubt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter

THE career of champion Australian boxer Anthony Mundine is in doubt because of a serious eye infection.

Seriously, 'The Man' talks so much **** that I wouldn't be washing anything in his mouth if I was him. What did he think would happen?

The WBA super middleweight champion and former rugby league star is in a Sydney hospital and is suffering from limited vision, the Nine Network reported tonight.

After a standard operation last week, Mundine's left eye reportedly became infected over the weekend after he removed a protective contact lens at a restaurant and cleaned it using his mouth.

Mundine re-entered the hospital yesterday and at one stage feared he may have to lose the eye.

"I feared the worst, I feared I could lose the eye," Mundine said.

Mundine also feared for his boxing career.

"I just felt that maybe this it for me," he said.

"The doctor said it could be weeks, could be months for the natural healing process to take place."

Mundine, renowned for his self-promotion and outspoken nature, admitted the experience had genuinely scared him.

"You put yourself in that situation and you think you're going to lose an eye, or a lot of your sight.

"You'd definitely be scared too, especially if you're 'The Man' Mundine."

A prized knuckle head.................. certainly a good role model of stupidity for "his people".

Noone else can beat him so I guess he had to beat himself. ;)

Personally I think it must have been a white doctor that conducted the operation and sprinkled salmonella in his eye.

It's a conspiracy to bring down the greatest athlete Australia has ever possessed.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a lead up to go and play football with Souths.

I can't box anymore but I can play football?

He will play for souths.

Crow "Mundine, tell us who you love"

Mundine "I love the MAN mundine, because I'm the best"

He hasn't been in the papers for a week. Just a bit of PR to keep his profile up.

I still hope that it clears up. It looked ugly on tv.

What sort of idiot cleans a contact lens with his mouth ?

idiocy is colour blind Byso, have a look in the mirror if you want proof

In Mundine's defense, his mother was on SEN yesterday and claimed that he was told by a female companion that her optometrist had informed her that it was ok to do so. Still, you dont need to be Einstein to figure out that it probably isnt the smartest thing to do.

I have heard that cleaning it with your mouth is actually pretty safe also.

I've seen a rugby player do it during a match after it fell out. Watching him find it first was the good bit. :lol:

It was actually all red and milky and they were putting shots in it. Hang on, that's some kind of cocktail drink.

How about his comment at the end though.

"You'd definitely be scared too, especially if you're 'The Man' Mundine."

But you know, now that I think of it, I would be so much more worried about losing my eye if I was him.

Losing one now is no big deal but if I was 'The Man'.... :stupid:

And here we go. Now that the "mouth's" career is in doubt.

Tony Mundane has come out and stated that this could cost the "man", beccause he was locked in to fight the winner of Kessler V Calzaghe (fight in November) next year.

Mundane has avoided good fighters at all costs throughout his career (especially Kessler since he whipped his arse the first time, when Mundine mistook him for an easy fight) and now we hear about Mundine taking on Kessler or Calzaghe.

Why didnt we hear about this deal before this little eye incident? I'll you why, because the deal doesnt exist.

Calzaghe will tear Kessler a new one, and even Kessler would still whip Mundine.

He is a joke.

I have heard that cleaning it with your mouth is actually pretty safe also.

I've seen a rugby player do it during a match after it fell out. Watching him find it first was the good bit. :lol:

I wore contacts for 10 yrs and theres no way I would have done that.

But it may be standard practise these days I dont know, I havent worn them since I had laser surgery abot 5 or 6 yrs ago

Mundane has avoided good fighters at all costs throughout his career (especially Kessler since he whipped his arse the first time, when Mundine mistook him for an easy fight) and now we hear about Mundine taking on Kessler or Calzaghe.

Why didnt we hear about this deal before this little eye incident? I'll you why, because the deal doesnt exist.

I had actually heard about that quite a while ago, after his last fight

Yes Kiwi you had heard about the chance of the fight happening, but no deal had been done. Tony stated yesterday they had agreed to terms.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4