Mundine wins in US

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mundine couldn't finish this last farce with a ko. At 38 his future boxing career must be seriously questioned, He is a great sportsperson but if he persists with boxing he will get badly hurt.

Boxing worldwide is controlled by thugs thieves and con men. Mundine has been criticised widely for fighting bums and no doubt part of this is warranted, but don't forget he did step in the ring against a world champ (Ottke) after only a handful of pro fights. It's all very well to say test yourself against the best but it's not always that simple when money rules. See Mayweather v Pacqiao. Incidentally, if that fight ever happens it will be the biggest fight ever - and both are in a similar age bracket to Mundine!

Mundine has probably fought 6 or 7 decent fighters in his career. He has a 3 wins (Green, Echolls, Geale (split decision)) and 4 losses (Ottke, kessler, siacca, Geale) against quality opponents. He's not in Mayweathers class.

Who is? :D

Actually Pacqiao might be but we won't find out, as Mayweather is scared to fight him!

Got owned tonight. Surely the BS has got to stop now, time to hang them up. No one will seriously offer him a shot at anything from here on.

Just watched the replay...he got destroyed. That left on Joshua Clottey is a bomb.:cool:

"Unanimous points victory to Joshua Clottey over Anthony Mundine in Newcastle, Mundine floored FIVE times.."
"a "you must have forgot" type beat down"
"Clottey makes minced meat of Mundine"
"Mundine takes the beating of his life"
"How long until Anthony Mundine get Australian of the year?"
"Mundine won some belts. 5 of them"

Joshua clottey for Australian of the year.

Mundine got destroyed he was made to look stupid.

I noticed that Mundane made some passing remarks post fight about possible rematches with Green and Geale. PULLEASE ....just let it go.

manlyfan76 said:
Joshua clottey for Australian of the year.

Mundine got destroyed he was made to look stupid.
Mundine already does a good enough job of that himself

This article is worth a read

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/boxing/anthony-mundines-fight-for-real-credibility-now-officially-over-20140411-zqt71.html

Mundine wants to be the champion of the aboriginal people but in 2000 he was talking this and that about being "the man" while his nephew ( Blake Ferguson) was being abuse physically and sexually by his relatives. Why wasn't the man helping Blake back then? Why was he only pushing his own barrow? Fast forward to 2013 when Blake is potentially worth $800K a year the man takes Blake under his wing and gets HIS name in the papers. How has it worked out for Blake? No big contract no real help. But Mundine got another 15 minutes of fame.

I see his "fight" with Austin Trout has fallen through. Pretty Boy didn't respond to his letter either. Where to for Mundane now ??

Mundine wants to be the champion of the aboriginal people but in 2000 he was talking this and that about being "the man" while his nephew ( Blake Ferguson) was being abuse physically and sexually by his relatives. Why wasn't the man helping Blake back then? Why was he only pushing his own barrow? Fast forward to 2013 when Blake is potentially worth $800K a year the man takes Blake under his wing and gets HIS name in the papers. How has it worked out for Blake? No big contract no real help. But Mundine got another 15 minutes of fame.

Even what Mundine says has to be more believable than this.

Anthony Mundine: ‘I’m the best all-round athlete to ever lace the gloves up’

LOVE him or hate him, you have to respect Anthony Mundine’s athletic ability, drive and determination that has seen him reach the top in two very different sports.

As a rugby league five-eighth, he played in three grand finals and represented NSW in the State of Origin.

And as a boxer, he has won four world championships in two different weight classes.

They are impressive feats in anyone’s book.

“You mightn’t like me but you’re gonna have to respect me,” Mundine said.

“I’m the best all-round athlete to ever lace the gloves up. What I’ve done in two sports, no one’s done it.

“I went from a team sport to a one man sport, the hardest gladiator sport in the world and became the world champion.”

Mundine admits his self-belief and confidence in his ability are often confused for arrogance — a reason many cheer for him to be put on his bum whenever he steps into the ring.

“People don’t understand me and what I say. It isn’t about being disrespectful or ego, it’s about bringing the best out of me,” he said.

“When the lights, camera and action come off, I am a reserved and laid-back type of fella but if you try and take me on in something, whether it’s table tennis or marbles, I am going to go at you.

“I am going to talk crap to you, try and break you mentally. It’s a bravado you need to get the best out of yourself.

“I’ve done it since I was 20 when I said Laurie Daley was running on old legs and he was just 26. I was pretty cocky.”

At 40 years of age, many could direct the same sledge at Mundine but he says his healthy lifestyle has helped him stay at the top.

“I never drank, never smoked, and never did drugs. I stayed staunch and to my values and it really helped me preserve and gave me the longevity of doing what I am doing now,” he said.

“When I fight my motto is go in the ring pretty and come out pretty.”

So while you may be one of those people tuning into Mundine’s next fight on November 11 in Melbourne hoping to see him put on his bum, I also suggest you take a moment to appreciate the great athlete Anthony Mundine is with his rare mix of speed, power, balance and most importantly heart.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ce-the-gloves-up/story-fni0cx12-1227579837160

Bo Jackson was pretty good at two sports. And for Australians thereis Elyse Perry. But the best would be Doug Nicholls the indigenous Afl player, boxer and Gift runner who ended up being Premier of SA. Id say Doug Nicholls is someone who we HAVE to respect, not Mundine.

Anyone keen to offer a prediction on the pantomime of pensioner pugilism we are about to witness ??

I won't be forking out any money for PPV but I'm curious as to whether this will amount to any great heights (as best it can with two boxers well past their prime) or whether it will just be another embarrassment for the sport.

I didn't watch but happy for a green win. Apparently it wasn't too bad a fight. Especially happy Green won after mundane blindsided him in the first.

One judge seemed to really want green to win. They showed a pic of the scorecard and he was 98-90 green! He also scored one round 10-10...when green was deducted a point! lol

That quade cooper fight was a damn mismatch!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6