Mundine wins in US

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He seemed to go quite well, his opponent was 41 but had fought all of the big names over the past 10-15 years. Whether it is the springboard to anything substantial, time will tell. Won't hurt his bank balance though.

They were interviewing a US fight commentator this morning who said the fight didnt even get a mention over there.

2200 people went (thats not a typo) to watch Mundine fight a 41 year old who has had only 5 fights in the past 4 years.......

Lets not forget Mundine refused to fight Austin Trout and was stripped of his belt accordingly. The bloke is a dog who constantly talks himself up whilst refusing to take on decent fighters.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
He seemed to go quite well, his opponent was 41 but had fought all of the big names over the past 10-15 years. Whether it is the springboard to anything substantial, time will tell. Won't hurt his bank balance though.

That's like saying Wally Lewis is in his 50's but has played against all the big names. Even Sandow would run rings around him

Was the guy's world ranking 2 or 3 digits in length ??

Mundane's time has passed. Shame really, the guy had talent but spent more time talking than walking. No doubt there will be some excuse as to why he won't get the shot at the big time he thinks he deserves. If he was fair dinkum he would have went to the States 5 or 6 years ago.

I see he had to swallow his pride and apologise for his comments on 9/11, still wasn't Man enough to take full ownership though, no surprise.

Legacy baby, legacy...........my childrens, children look forward to trying to remember who you were.

I see Daniel Geale has beaten Felix Sturm for a world title. Geale was another of Mundanes conquests that has gone on to test themselves and take on the best and succeed. Why Mundane didn't back his ability is beyond me.

I see Mundane must have given up on his dream to beat the best the US had to offer. I suspect he got laughed out of the place. Anthony who ??

He is fighting Geale back here in January according to this story.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sports/boxing/daniel-geale-agrees-to-world-title-fight-against-anthony-mundine-in-january-next-year/story-e6frf5h3-1226497198927

With any luck Geale will win and bring down the curtain on a career full of hyperbole and unrealised potential.

Chip and Chase said:
I see Mundane must have given up on his dream to beat the best the US had to offer. I suspect he got laughed out of the place. Anthony who ??

He is fighting Geale back here in January according to this story.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sports/boxing/daniel-geale-agrees-to-world-title-fight-against-anthony-mundine-in-january-next-year/story-e6frf5h3-1226497198927

With any luck Geale will win and bring down the curtain on a career full of hyperbole and unrealised potential.

Yep, i'm hoping for a Geale knock out. Don't want the fight going to the cards.

How about Mundane's comments about Tasmanian aboriginals being extinct and Geale's "white wife and kids". What a fool, it's sad that he feels he has to keep up this charade.

Has he given any reason why he has abandoned his quest to take on the best in the US ? What happened to Cotto and Mayweather ?? Maybe they were racist like the State Of Origin selectors all those years ago, and didn't give him a go despite him being the best on the planet.

Now Arthur Beetson and Laurie Daley aren't aboriginal enough for Mundane.

Here's hoping Geale puts us all out of our misery and ends this charade once and for all tomorrow night

I saw this thread title and immediately thought "Oh no, mundine's won!!"

So relieved (at the moment) I remain.

just when i thought we were gonna be the only forum in the world not to mention choc, i see this.....

if you all just shut up and stop acknowledging him, he will eventually go away! but no, you fuss and fight over him, its what he wants! you keep him in the headlines....

i've made it no secret i'm a choc fan, but i'm on geale in this fight.
geale is still on the way up, choc wasted his chances fighting losers like green and japanese cab drivers!

geale is a good fighter and this is going to be a good fight to watch. Im heading down the pub to watch it for sure

He just can't lose with humility can he ?? There is always an excuse. World champion bad sport, that's his title.

Hopefully that is it for him now, surely he can't keep pretending that he is going to actually fight someone with ability and win. He's lost 4 out of 6 fights now against quality opposition. Time to stop the BS and admit that you're not the best.

Chip and Chase said:
He just can't lose with humility can he ?? There is always an excuse. World champion bad sport, that's his title.

Hopefully that is it for him now, surely he can't keep pretending that he is going to actually fight someone with ability and win. He's lost 4 out of 6 fights now against quality opposition. Time to stop the BS and admit that you're not the best.

Nah, he'll say he was robbed as the judges like geale and the promotors will all go "hey that was a pretty good fight" (meaning everyone made money) and will want to have another one.

Geale should say no.

what's with the 'cab drivers' mentality that goes around? Used for fenech's opponents too. Do we think these guys are just cab drivers, and were invited to have a boxing match?

They were boxers. not many boxers have full time or well to do jobs, as they spend most of their time, at times throughout the day, training.

hate Mundine, and tired of the cab drivers remark :)

Rant over.

I see his bruvva SBW has come out calling the judges corrupt hahaha

Would be beautiful next week to see him flat on his back as well

Mundane never fought cab drivers. He fought South America hobos and a lot of washed up Aussies.

He's over a barrel in this one because he can't play his usual racism excuse card (even though Daniel Geale isn't aboriginal enough to meet Mundanes criteria).

The irony of Geale proclaiming that he is now off to the States in search of big name fights will be lost on The Mouth. I hope he makes a go of it, Mundane certainly wasted his talent and missed his opportunity at the big time by staying local and fighting mainly bums.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6