Mudgee Fans ready to Eagle Rock

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
1460616.jpg

FANATICS: (back) Bill Lawson, Chris King, Tony Muller, Dennis Staples, Kimberly Mitchell, Sue Mitchell, Billy Roberts, Scott Fittler, Sam Coughlan, Tony Devine, Sue Field; (front) Railene Doherty, Kylie Mitchell. This photo was taken in 2007 before Manly played Melbourne Storm.

In their eyes only one “real” National Rugby League team exists on this planet.
And of course Mudgee’s Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles fans will tell you the winner of this weekend’s NRL Grand Final is a “no brainer”.
Earlier this week I spoke to some of this town’s biggest Manly supporters, Sue and Kylie Mitchell.
Every week the Mitchell’s travel to home and away games and their loyalty was featured on the Eagles’ website in 2011.
“I’ve supported Manly all my life,” Sue said.
“Once we moved to Mudgee in 1995 we have been going to every game that we can.”
Sure enough this weekend the ladies are travelling to Sydney for the big event. But this year they are doing it in style.
“We’ll be on a London-style double decker bus heading to the game with food and drinks and a big celebration,” Kylie said.
The Mitchell’s are part of a group known as the Supportahs - country Manly fans dedicated to their club’s success.
And about 150 of the Supportahs will be sitting together at ANZ Stadium on Sunday night.
The Mitchells will head back to Brookvale Oval on Sunday night as the party continues regardless of whether the team wins or loses.
“The club has set up a live site at Brookie for those who can’t get to the game and then there is a celebration on when the players return,” Sue said.
Manly were victorious against the New Zealand Warriors in the sides only match up in 2011, played at Brookvale Oval.
But speak to anyone else living in “reality” and Sunday’s game involves two teams, and a possibility the Provan-Summons trophy will head overseas for the first time.
And the Mitchell’s know all about the Warriors spectator spirit coming across the Tasman Sea for the Grand Final.
“In 2010 we were lucky enough to go over there [NZ] and meet up with the Mad Butcher who hosted our support group for the game,” Sue said.
“He is just as passionate about his team.”
The NRL Grand Final between the Eagles and Warriors begins from 5.20pm on Sunday.

this mudgee fan is off with 20 odd mates to see the eagles fly , was there when we won 40 nil and still can feel the passion of the day , races today footie tomorrow , big winners on both days ....

Sue nad family are amazing. Sleeping in someone's house over a weekend and going to ALL games, juniors, nsw cup etc makes them the best supporters. My wife reckons she has the best husband to let her take off 3 days every week!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6