Moving to Bris Vegas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
New Farm would be another option, close to the Valley, and if you have enough dollars on the water....fabulous restauarants everywhere, close to loads of public transport (including the River Cats).

I would have loved to buy there BUT it's pretty expensive, but if you are only renting and only plan to be for a few years then it's certainly an option.

It's the opposite side to Kangaroo Point....KP will be cheaper (accommodation wise).

I think you'll like it here mate, except at SOO time and then they are a bunch of ****wits!!

Members only night......

No i work in marketing (mainly for small to medium enterprises) and loyalty programs. Every marketing person wants to be somewhere "gritty" so in Sydney i worked in Prymont, Redfern, Utlimo etc

We have thought about new farm but i think, and it is a bid think, we will end up near Paddington or Bulimba

As for SOO i am not sure how i will handle that....

lsz link said:
As for SOO i am not sure how i will handle that....

My only recommendation for avoiding SOO in QLD is to turn off the TV, Radio and don't read the newspaper for about 3 months of the year. Outside that you're in a world of trouble.

The people here are hopeless and to compound that 90% don't know wtf they are talking about. The rule of thumb with origin discussion is if in doubt, repeat what the last person said.

I am hoping we can finally get up - My plan is to go to a suncorp game but i would not dress in Blue...i am not that dumb!

By the way. Be very very wary of Queenslanders and roundabouts. They don't understand them and how to use them. It is an interesting and scary experience

Great....another thing to look forward to....

We are in the process of renting our place our - I really dislike real estate agents

lsz link said:
Great....another thing to look forward to....

We are in the process of renting our place our - I really dislike real estate agents

Be very very wary of Queenslanders. 99% of them are real estate agents ;)

Queensland....Gods own country, why he filled it with so many dick heads I will never know

lsz link said:
The more of us that move up there the better it will get - i hope?
perhaps.

Oh and one other thing. You will be surprised at the amount of beer you drink.

if you are a beer drinker that is.

Because of the heat you can put away a 6 pack and barely feel an effect.

I
Dan link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=185160.msg294117#msg294117 date=1284335727]
The more of us that move up there the better it will get - i hope?
perhaps.

Oh and one other thing. You will be surprised at the amount of beer you drink.

if you are a beer drinker that is.

Because of the heat you can put away a 6 pack and barely feel an effect.
[/quote]

I second that....and be warned XXXX Bitter is absolue crap....and XXXX Gold isn't much better.....and any corporate event you go to will have that and just about that alone.

And if you like wine (I do) be aware most of it is crap, Sirromet is the bigie up hereand it's not any better than cats piss.

BUT...the rum is still pretty good.....but oh dear my wife has banned me from Run, reckons it's something the young ones drink.....hey Dan!!

PS:...When she's not around I sneak a few in.

I am not a fan of Rum. But jeez the queenslanders love the crap.

I use to like it when was 18, but I cant stand the taste now. I pretty much stick to beer and wine and the occasional canadian club and Dry and maybe a bourbon and coke.

I do like going to the bar and asking for a "pot of gold" but you are correct, it is not a nice beer and it is everywhere

I am a beer and wine man (all kinds not that fussed but a bit of a snob - so i drink the kind of beer you do not get at the footy...)

I was teasing the misses on the weekend - i said she had to start drinking white with ice in it....

lsz link said:
I am a beer and wine man (all kinds not that fussed but a bit of a snob - so i drink the kind of beer you do not get at the footy...)

I was teasing the misses on the weekend - i said she had to start drinking white with ice in it....

don't laugh mate. It honestly gets that hot sometimes

I wish You would all piss off back to NSW and leave us alone.

You come up here and bag the place but won't go home! f**k off back where You came from!

:p

Love the place nodd it's the people we take issue to

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8