[moved] Why drop Swartcher ??

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Guss made a Bad choice in dropping swartcher for that other keeper who seems he cant catch or see properley, luckily as I type this Harry slots one to put it at 2 all

He had teeonitis and was ruled out. To risky to play him when an extra T could pop up in his name at any time.

Spider was rubbish and owes Harry a beer. I hope he enjoyed his one and only world cup game.

Similarities anyone?

154059_l.jpg

img_jye_mullane.jpg

The reffing in the world cup is always a farce. It is well known!

That is why Brazil played to it the other day!

Reffing soccer is not an easy task, but they need a lot of refs and sometimes they just goet some dodgy ones!

easy enough when you only catch the end and had to have a quick shower before work

Im pissed. A mate an I knocked over a six pack of crownies each, now im attempting to work!!! We just knocked over an extreme burger meal from the 24 hour KFC down the road.

Its gonna be a long day for this little black duck

I can't get over how inept the reffing is. It's an absolute farce. Sometimes I wonder if this is the WWF.

Funnily enough the real soccer followers aren't concerned by it, I bet if the Aussies lost they would be.

byso, it is part and parcel of the game. We know the reffing is bad, it gets better as the comp progresses. unfortnately that is the way it is. We struggle to find 1 ref that is decent in a comp as small as the NRL try finding 30+ refs.

he lost complete control at the end - it will be his last game for the world cup you would have to think

it was lucky for us that harry scored from off side - guess it was justice after the tackle on vuduka inside the penalty box that belonged on a league field

Dan, apparently today's ref was one of the best, as he does English PL.

Did you see the

Rugby tackle on viduka in the penalty area (or near enough)
Hand ball in the penalty box stopping an Aussie header attempt.
Not red carding the Croat after he got 2 yellows.
and not allowing the goal at the end. (I have know idea what happened with that)

I'm sure there are more.

Apparently Schwarzer has had poroblems with this ref in the P/L - he has sent him off previously so I reckon Guss thought it would be best to steer clear of him

Apparently Schwarzer has had poroblems with this ref in the P/L - he has sent him off previously so I reckon Guss thought it would be best to steer clear of him
8|

How the hell does the goalie get a red card! Must have been one hell of a spray he gave him.

he didnt allow the last goal byso because he had already called fulltime.

apart from that, yeah your right, he was ****

didnt mind that last goal not being awarded due to fulltime being called. I tipped a draw and doing so put me into equal 1st on the ladder. I want the $1000 worth of wines up for grabs.

You have to understand as the only true global game there are some implications. Almost every nation can only send a maximum of two referees. As a result you people, such as the Egyptian ref in the Aus Brazil game. He does not have the big match experience etc. Theoretically the best refs would come from the highest profile leagues

As for this mornings match anyone who watches the EPL would know that Graham Poll is a nutter.

[quote author=The Wheel]
8|

How the hell does the goalie get a red card! Must have been one hell of a spray he gave him.
[/quote]
its common fro a goalie to get sent , particularly if he makes a dangerous attemp for the ball in the goal box and blatantly takes out a striker. This is cosidered more a proffesional foul since the objective is to stop the striker from scoring by using illegal means.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2