[moved] Candy Cane deleted from MSE Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Candy I thought you posted something similar on MSE. I doubt you'de get banned for anything you post on AE!

[quote author=Matabele]
Including the person in question and \"rational\" in the sqame sentence is something of a stretch I would think.
As I'm the person Byso was referring to - I think I'm offended again, Mata :D (or should I be grossly flattered this time?)

That's twice in one thread.
[/quote]The "person in question" is the person that deleted you without explanation.

I would replace "rational" with "petulant" when it comes to them.

Candy I thought you posted something similar on MSE. I doubt you'de get banned for anything you post on AE!
Don't recall that, Byso and difficult to check now due to deleted posts and needles and haystacks. If I did, the most I could imagine having said on MSE is something like "Monas didn't say that - check the original quotes". Hard to imagine that was it. Thanks for narrowing the mystery down to MSE, though.

Didn't think I had merged much below the surface of those murky shark-infested depths. But a reasonable moderator - as happens on other forums - would simply have responded in a balanced way at the time if he thought anything inappropriate was said.

You know, I've heard it said that sometimes people (even the gods that call themselves admin ) can misinterpret what is said.

Candy it is a well known phenomena of MSE.

Good luck getting back Candy

I got punted a while back but have survived the 2nd run,so far anyway.
I thought I may be history the other day because I do get a few battles going on at times on there

Good luck getting back Candy

I got punted a while back but have survived the 2nd run,so far anyway.
I thought I may be history the other day because I do get a few battles going on at times on there

Lots of nervous people on MSE, Kiwi Eagle

Thanks, guys. Cannot see that getting back could be an option for me because I'm not prepared to put myself in a similar situation again. This experience proves I cannot second guessing Admin. My trust in them acting reasonably has been shattered. Things would need to change - like having a list of posting rules - like warnings being standard practice - like advice of reasons for banishment - and can't see any of this happening as Admin seems too comfortable with the power game of ad-hoc unexplained banishments.

Don't know how Judge Jules and Binga feel, but currently I'm significantly disillusioned with supporting a club that would treat their fans in this way. Paying to watch Manly play right now feels like dirty money - like I'm directly paying the wages of people whose modus operandi is abuse. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's certainly the way it seems.

Interesting outcome of my enquiries is that I was banished by "a senior member of the Manly Sea Eagles" Wonder who that faceless, nameless person would be?

Is that the advice you received back in an e-mail?

If so it's incredibly gutless and unprofessional.

Don't judge the many good people associated with this club by the petty actions of a few though.

It would indeed.

Doesn't make it any less gutless or unprofessional.

It really is time that the club employed someone with enough tech savvy to understand spell check and the importance of the internet in modern marketing and media.

The current regime is in the dark ages.

Mata, I don't wish Zorba, Phillip Dean, or anyone else ill. And I don't know who was responsible for our banishments, or why - to an extent its academic.

But I do know Manly fans, myself included, are being very shabbily treated on the MSE site, that it is unprofessional, counterproductive and unacceptable, and that it could be readily fixed if there is a will to fix it.

I've sent a formal complaint letter to Max. I'll be interested to see where his priorities are, if he takes the trouble to read my letter, and if he takes the contents seriously. I'm only one voice, but maybe there's more voices out there somewhere.

I suggest you send it to Paul Cummings and Pat Wilson as well. Direct their attention to this thread as well as it will show that the discontent is widely and deeply prevalent.

The thread on the MSE discussion forum (which was at least 13 pages long) asking admin why some posters had been recently banished - has been deleted without any answer from admin.

Seems Admin wanted it left on there long enough to put the wind up people - and then destroyed the evidence that they refused to treat posters like adults by answering reasonable questions.

Any surprise?

I am going to stick my neck out here.

It is no small co-incedence that for a while MSE were starting to shape up to be a better and well administered forums. This co-incides with SGT's dropping as a mod/admin. SGT has been re-instated as a moderator and the very same week what happens. Multiple banning out of the blue with no real explanation or logic behind it.

I would put money on the fact that it was SGT who banned you and not for anything you posted here but instead for some inane thing that he believed you did wrong. Sorry SGT your a nice enough bloke but you run MSE like a police state and it does nothing to bring loyalty to the fans and does nothing but left htem bewildered and annoyed.

I think it would be better to either not have the forums or to go the whole hog and employ someone to do it professionally.

Getting a volunteer to do it who has little knowledge of correct procedures or appropriate moderation in the modern age is just inviting disaster.

As has become obvious as this thread continues to evolve.

I am going to stick my neck out here.

It is no small co-incedence that for a while MSE were starting to shape up to be a better and well administered forums. This co-incides with SGT's dropping as a mod/admin. SGT has been re-instated as a moderator and the very same week what happens. Multiple banning out of the blue with no real explanation or logic behind it.

I would put money on the fact that it was SGT who banned you and not for anything you posted here but instead for some inane thing that he believed you did wrong. Sorry SGT your a nice enough bloke but you run MSE like a police state and it does nothing to bring loyalty to the fans and does nothing but left htem bewildered and annoyed.

Thanks, Daniel, I don't know Sgt so I'll plead ignorance. Another plausible explanation. Is Sgt considered "a senior member of the Manly Sea Eagles"? If not, I suppose someone else could be rubber stamping whatever he wants. If he's the instigator, I'm disappointed he didn't choose to just write me an email to quietly sort out any concerns. I think if he reviewed my postings he'd see I'd gone out of my way to be flexible and constructive.

Mata, I did as you suggested. Also pointed out this thread was 6 pages long (now 7) and the longest in the last 1,000 threads on this site (including the signings/potential signings threads) was 8 pages - hopefully they'll see that how Manly supporters are treated is a burning issue.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4