MVP: Most Valuable player for [Round 7 v Bulldogs: Bulldogs v Sea Eagles 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
What a terrible game.

For me:

3 DCE
2 Hiku
1 Hodges

Vote away

3 - DCE
2 - Ferris
1 - Hodges

Dce is playing busted but he also played himself back into some sort of decent form tonight. Best game he's played all year IMO (and that includes the 10 minutes in which he took Melbourne apart). Ferris was a machine out there and just never stopped. If he could only bend the line a bit more..... And although he was only out there for a couple of short periods Hodges gave us a lot more spark from dummy half.

Peta Hiku was ok but that kick in frustration cost us a try when we should have had them trying to work it out of their own quarter. Jake T was strong in defence as usual but tonight seemed to play a bit of a link role as well as taking hit ups.

Seriously, if it wasn't for injuries Brayden Wiliame would never have seen the light of day in first grade this year. Strictly NSW Cup material.

3- Buhrer was head and shoulders Manlys best player

2- DCE tried hard whist clearly injured

1- Jake T was good but not sure why 2V took him off for so long.

And why did Lui get stuff all minutes? He was at least enthusiastic when he finally got on.

3 DCE - He was trying out there, despite carrying an injury
2 Hodges - He helped lift us and give us some hope. Thought he played well.
1 J Turbo - He is putting in solid effort and making good runs and solid tackles.

Bruher deserves points aswell.

Tough day at the office... yet again.

Jake T
DCE
Hodges
I think Buhrer and even Horo also played well, the rest...not so much.

Willame had an absolute Barry.

3- DCE, tried but not much else to work with.
2- Jake T, should played more mins, same with Hodges, looked good.
1- Matai, best out of the rest.
Hate to say it but Balin is looking slow, still ok in defence but not much else.

1. DCE
2. Hodges
3. Trbojevic
Hodges needs to be a permanent inclusion at dummy half. The lack of penetration by our popgun forwards in mid-field means we need some clever work from dummy half to make some metres. Keep Ballin in though for his defence. Our defence is diabolical!

My own personal player ratings for tonight are:

Peta Hiku - 5 (Scored a try but kicking the ball in frustration hurt us badly. Instead of pinning them down in their own 20, they scored a try)
Cheyse Blair - 4 (Fairly quiet, caught out of position a couple of times again)
Brayden Wiliame - 2 (2 is probably being generous)
Steve Matai - 5 (Scored the most freakish try ever)
David Williams - 4 (Safe under the bomb but still comes in off his wing. Knock on led to a try)
Jamie Lyon - 5 (Not 100% fit but didn't give up. Has definitely lost some speed)
Daly Cherry-Evans - 7 (Best game all year. Playing busted, but also busted his gut out there)
Jake Trbojevic - 6 (Strong defence but puzzling why he spent so much time on the bench)
Matt Ballin - 4 (I love Matty but he is not keeping up with the pace of the game right now)
Willie Mason - 4 (Dropped ball from the kick off set the tone)
Jamie Buhrer - 7 (Never stopped trying. He was dead on his feet at the end of the game)
Tom Symonds - 6 (Always straightened the attack. Saved a try and looks better playing 2nd row)
Justin Horo - 5 (Started well but faded a bit)
Danamis Lui - 5 (For the little time he got he showed JSL like enthusiasm)
Luke Burgess - 4 (Didn't do much tonight and hardly bent the line)
Ligi Sao - 5 (The kid is coming along nicely)
Jayden Hodges - 7 (Showed what we have been missing. Dummy half runs that get the defence on the back foot)

Most Metres - Jamie Buhrer (140 from 16 runs)
Most Tackles - Jamie Buhrer (49)
Least Metres - Jamie Lyon (15 from 2 runs)
Missed Tackles - 20 - Brayden Wiliame, Daly Cherry-Evans (3), Steve Matai, David Williams, Jamie Lyon, Jamie Buhrer (2), Peta Hiku, Jake Trbojevic, Matt Ballin, Tom Symonds, Justin Horo, Ligi Sao (1).
Line Breaks - Peta Hiku (1)

Last edited:
Peta Hiku - 6 -Played just OK
Cheyse Blair - 5 - Played just OK
Brayden Wiliame - 0 - Fail
Steve Matai - 4 - quiet night
David Williams - 5 - out of position a few times. Did hit ups well
Jamie Lyon - 5 - tried hard but injured. Cannot kick goals
Daly Cherry-Evans - 7 - tried his guts out
Jake Trbojevic - 7 - very nice runs all day - star in making
Matt Ballin - 4 - quiet game by his standards
Willie Mason - 4 - ordinary
Jamie Buhrer - 8 - best player - great hitups all night, great defense
Tom Symonds - 6 - played ok
Justin Horo - 6 - had a crack
Danamis Lui - 5 - I rarely notice him. One dimensional
Luke Burgess - 3 - no offense, but he was rubbish tonigh. Poor energy
Ligi Sao - 5 - played ok
Jayden Hodges - 6 - added spark, but still within himself

It's getting harder and harder when these threads have gone from "who is our mvp" to "who do you think just had a go."

edit: which I guess could be seen as the same thing...cough....but you get what I'm saying, hopefully.

Last edited:
DCE - Played injured, played on the opposite side to normal and was our only half
Horo - The only forward to break the advantage line
Hodges - Played with passion and added some spark. Tackled like a terrior with plenty of energy. Good balance to Matty B, we have to keep playing both

Was I the only one disappointed with Jake T's runs? Only once did I see him hit the line hard. After his first 2 games he has been turning into the Kite/King 5/8 role and wants to pass the ball as the first option. Mostly only runs if there is no one to pass to.

I will also add his one on one defence is fantastic and should be rewarded by the refs unlike that stupid penalty

My own personal player ratings for tonight are:

Peta Hiku - 5 (Scored a try but kicking the ball in frustration hurt us badly. Instead of pinning them down in their own 20, they scored a try)
Cheyse Blair - 4 (Fairly quiet, caught out of position a couple of times again)
Brayden Wiliame - 2 (2 is probably being generous)
Steve Matai - 5 (Scored the most freakish try ever)
David Williams - 4 (Safe under the bomb but still comes in off his wing. Knock on led to a try)
Jamie Lyon - 5 (Not 100% fit but didn't give up. Has definitely lost some speed)
Daly Cherry-Evans - 7 (Best game all year. Playing busted, but also busted his gut out there)
Jake Trbojevic - 6 (Strong defence but puzzling why he spent so much time on the bench)
Matt Ballin - 4 (I love Matty but he is not keeping up with the pace of the game right now)
Willie Mason - 4 (Dropped ball from the kick off set the tone)
Jamie Buhrer - 7 (Never stopped trying. He was dead on his feet at the end of the game)
Tom Symonds - 6 (Always straightened the attack. Saved a try and looks better playing 2nd row)
Justin Horo - 5 (Started well but faded a bit)
Danamis Lui - 5 (For the little time he got he showed JSL like enthusiasm)
Luke Burgess - 4 (Didn't do much tonight and hardly bent the line)
Ligi Sao - 5 (The kid is coming along nicely)
Jayden Hodges - 7 (Showed what we have been missing. Dummy half runs that get the defence on the back foot)

Most Metres - Jamie Buhrer (140 from 16 runs)
Most Tackles - Jamie Buhrer (49)

I think Buhrers stats are the most damming of all. The smallest forward has the most metres and most tackles.

That really is a super human efforts, but it really shows how poor our other forwards go forward is. 2V needs to coach two forwards where there only job is to run full steam and bash into the opposition forwards. This will gain metres and start to tire the opposition

Last edited:
DCE - proved he's playing with heart for his current team despite the continuous media circus
Buhrer - threw himself into everything
Hodges - this little pocket rocket could be a game changer for us

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4