Moses Suli re-signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was always on the cards once he found form because we just don't have enough wiggle room to make him a serious offer. Recruitment and retention is part of the formula of success and as we already know you can't keep everybody. I hope that whatever decision this young man makes brings him success, happiness and financial security.

IF...this is true - pi###s me off on many levels.
What is this anti tampering rule??
If this was Manly talking to an Illawarra player, would be stories of fines and unethical practice.
Secondly and more importantly, Manly have rebuilt this kids life and would be the ultimate slap in the face from Suli...who claimed Manly family and home, loyalty is everything, so my faith in him if going, has diminished greatly.
Thirdly - regardless of money....how would you leave a heavyweight side to join a wooden spoon candidate ?? Do players not realise there is life after footy and a great career in a dominant side is financially far better than hidden away in a team going nowhere fast.
He was off contract at the end of this season so nothing was done wrong

I am not surprised one bit if he took the Dragqueens coin, some people have short memories about who gave them a chance.

Hopefully this means we can go all out to re-sign players who want to be at our club.

The greatest faux pas in the NRL is this stupid rule allowing players to sign contracts a year out, its bad form!

Well the money they offered him won't be there in a few months so take it if you can but once everything rebalances it will probably be top dollar and he doesn't do well with that pressure.

I'm sure Mary can get the best out of him as well @:D

Not quite sure how that works! It could work at clubs like the Chooks or Broncos who have bulk 'business' contacts to set players up later on, but they are the exception. For most players, there are no guarantees about the future, take the big money if it is offered. Even Fulton did!
Not to mention, regarding accusations of disloyalty, its quite possible he spoke to the club or Des and was told to go with our blessing.
Well if he stays at Manly and wins 2 GF and in a competitive team every season, will be in far more spotlight amongst NRL and sporting fans in comparison to being in a struggling side, which in turn will make him in more demand with everything from selling Nike branding through to cameo roles on footy shows ect....just my opinion, players in a successful team have a fair bit more media and marketing power in the corporate world post footy.

We cant expect the club to match the sort of money the desperate Dragons would likely offer...their club is sinking, they just lost Frizell and have money to spend and the most rabid supporters in the league screaming for a quick fix sugar hit.

Even staying with us I felt Suli was only a 50/50 chance of really "making it". Reminds me a bit of Joey Leilua. On the highlight reels looks great.... but massive holes in his game too from an intensity standpoint that often outweigh the good.

Suli's best chance was with a coach who could motivate him.... he may struggle now. Time will tell he certainly has the ability. Smart financial move....dubious football move.

Where is all this ‘St George is sinking’ coming from? Isn’t the guy from WIN backing them? Probably suggests they are in a better position than us financially.

Shame but not overly devastated.

Suli has some great talent and I really thought He could fulfill it here under Des...not sure he will now and to be honest I think it is a very risky signing for St George...that said Flanagan can probably guide him once Mary is gone.

All in all a luxury player imo who would be great to keep but is best let go for the balance of the squad.

Reminds me of Lane leaving.....have the exact same feeling

Last edited:
Unless Des has told him to look elsewhere because he isn't guaranteed of a First Grade spot once Schuster is promoted then.... this is a DUMB decision by Suli.
1. Who is to say Illawarra will be able to guarantee the promised salary once the NRL returns? He may find that his 'contract' is not honoured.
2. As the last player 'signed' he will be the first one shafted when Illawarra drastically restructures its roster and coaching structure
3. If/when the deal doesn't eventuate then he'll be on the nose at Manly who has resurrected his moribund RL career. I can't see Manly re-signing such a player who isn't totally invested in the club.

Why would Suli, or any player, be negotiating their contract when the 'goalposts' are changing daily? What's to say that in future seasons contract money will not provide sufficient income to maintain their living standards and that all bar the elite will need a second job? If he sticks with Manly he'd be a better chance to crack a job, as a garbo with our major sponsor URL.

Sorry to see him go but we have excellent prospects that need to be retained. 3 year deal too. I would have been reluctant for manly to offer him 3 years, so good luck to him. Dragons a bit desperate to be signing him for 3 years imo

.. Fish not biting ... or has the missus put you on Soy milk again ..

I went out with my neighbour ( he’s got a boat) but it was madness , the people lining up to put their boats in at the local ramp were about 50 long. Bill is 76, doesn’t look it but he is, and following this his wife has banned him from taking out the boat SO yes I’m grounded!!

With the rumors about the salary cap going down next year doesn't surprise me that he is going next year for more cash. We need to keep some of our young juniors..

I went out with my neighbour ( he’s got a boat) but it was madness , the people lining up to put their boats in at the local ramp were about 50 long. Bill is 76, doesn’t look it but he is, and following this his wife has banned him from taking out the boat SO yes I’m grounded!!
Might have to try Virtual boating or fishing

With Schuster and Hoppa coming through in the backs we are well served. Id say we will be in the market for another Garrick type cheaper outside back to add depth. Elliott will probably also be retained on a basic contract so I think its a wise decision. Unfortunately we cant keep em all and Suli was always going to be the one to leave as he is the only high profile player off contract and Schuster and Hoppa are priorities.

A shame if true but I cant see him continuing to develop his form & become a consistent deliverer of it under anyone but Des.

I'm wondering if there's an undercurrent to be concerned about here, as alluded to by @winnyason in that players like Fainu & AFB, who are close mates of Suli's - both in footy & family life - may no longer be as invested in the club, with one of their "brothers" leaving to play elsewhere?

I know between court, his shoulder infection & COVID we're not likely to see Fainu play until 2021 at least but it would be a shame if the western suburbs Polynesian connection we have were to be lost.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4