Moses Suli re-signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A shame if true but I cant see him continuing to develop his form & become a consistent deliverer of it under anyone but Des.

I'm wondering if there's an undercurrent to be concerned about here, as alluded to by @winnyason in that players like Fainu & AFB, who are close mates of Suli's - both in footy & family life - may no longer be as invested in the club, with one of their "brothers" leaving to play elsewhere?

I know between court, his shoulder infection & COVID we're not likely to see Fainu play until 2021 at least but it would be a shame if the western suburbs Polynesian connection we have were to be lost.
I somewhat concerned afb presser about entitled to dollars make me think the western based boys heart not here only for paycheck. We simply don't want that here, addin form in first 2 weeks was very average and fitness left alot to be desired.
Imo suli can stay but I be putting schuster into 6

With Schuster and Hoppa coming through in the backs we are well served. Id say we will be in the market for another Garrick type cheaper outside back to add depth. Elliott will probably also be retained on a basic contract so I think its a wise decision. Unfortunately we cant keep em all and Suli was always going to be the one to leave as he is the only high profile player off contract and Schuster and Hoppa are priorities.
Probably on the money there and also the suggestion with another back line value addition . Was thinking the same but maybe not that many on the market at present for that criteria . Young Hoppa might offer the best prospects , looks pretty capable at full back so maybe not that much a transition to make a go of it in the centres . Will have to overcome his injury issues and get some solid footy under his belt but the present recess could mean that his recovery phase will work in his favour

I'd say it was a choice with the club in deciding, who out of these three will miss out:

6. Josh Schuster
3. Dylan Walker
3. Moses Suli

That, coupled with the difference in monetary offering, the choice was kind of made for him. That's also not including Ben Trbojevic or Tevita Funa.

I love raw speed out wide as well.

Suli has so much potential but has not shown much in his short career. Good luck to him for chasing some money. Time will tell if this was a good career move or not but I predict the later.

I'm wondering if there's an undercurrent to be concerned about here, as alluded to by @winnyason in that players like Fainu & AFB, who are close mates of Suli's - both in footy & family life - may no longer be as invested in the club, with one of their "brothers" leaving to play elsewhere?
Hate to say it but there's not a more self absorbed bunch on social media than those three. Suli is the best of them but AFB and Fainu just behave like entitled jerks. Supporting them for me is akin to the Hoppa Snr and Les Boyd experiences. I'm a fan while they're wearing the colours but that's about it. Give me the Trbojevics, Marty, Joel Thompson, Dylan Walker etc. any day of the week.

Why would Suli, or any player, be negotiating their contract when the 'goalposts' are changing daily? What's to say that in future seasons contract money will not provide sufficient income to maintain their living standards and that all bar the elite will need a second job? If he sticks with Manly he'd be a better chance to crack a job, as a garbo with our major sponsor URL.

So you don't think he'd go okay with their sponsor?
He seems like a happy dragon and is about the same size.

Had a mate say it is a swap Suli for Aitken. And no I haven’t heard it from a reliable source just a mate sending me a text

Had a mate say it is a swap Suli for Aitken. And no I haven’t heard it from a reliable source just a mate sending me a text
Hmmm...it's an ok swap if we would be paying Aitken the same money we are paying Suli.

Suli is no loss AFAIC, I never warmed to him.

I bet he has put on 6 or 7 kg's already since he stopped training.

I went out with my neighbour ( he’s got a boat) but it was madness , the people lining up to put their boats in at the local ramp were about 50 long. Bill is 76, doesn’t look it but he is, and following this his wife has banned him from taking out the boat SO yes I’m grounded!!
But surely, not soy milk? That is a cruel punishment.

If we return to play this season, put walker back in the centre's and bring Schuster in for the rest of the year in 6 that way he gets a bit of experience under his belt. Drop Suli all together.

I actually think it is a positive move and I would not be upset with the dynamics moving forward. Suli, without des, will end up playing reserve grade in any other club. Des has the father figure respect from Suli which creates a formidable partnership whereby Suli, takes instructions onboard and dedicates himself to improve (this is a Des trait). With Mary, I just sense Suli will muck about and not take training seriously enough, where he will find himself in reserve grade soon enough, because he will get complacent and lazy in my view.

The huge positive is that this should open the door for Schuster. This kid has been shouting for his opportunity and I do sense, he will take his opportunity with both hands. Suli may be a good player now (thanks to Des), however, Schuster will serve the Sea Eagles in a greater way. Should the Suli move to St Merge entice the rest of the crew to move? Well the club cannot help that, as our club will always be bigger than a crew. I love all our Manly players and appreciate their efforts, but if any player wishes to move on, for whatever reason, that is their choice and we can only wish them all the best.

BEST OF LUCK SULI AND HOPE YOU SEND DES AN XMAS & BIRTHDAY CARD EVERY YEAR. HE HAS MADE YOU INTO WHAT YOU ARE TODAY ;-)

Last edited:
I somewhat concerned afb presser about entitled to dollars make me think the western based boys heart not here only for paycheck. We simply don't want that here, addin form in first 2 weeks was very average and fitness left alot to be desired.
Imo suli can stay but I be putting schuster into 6
Addin did only just get married around rd 1 from memory so mite have something to do with it. Also for the conspiracy theorists.. Addin is a st George junior isn't he?? Maybe moses is pulling power?

Good luck to him... fat boi came good for us and I for one look at that as a success for the culture at Manly atm... walker back to centre and LC/CC/Schuster into half... alternatively Elliott or the ex-cronulla kid into centre... we will be fine and I hope he keeps his head together from here on in...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8