Moses Suli re-signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Viewing this in a positive light, it suggests we are doing everything we can to keep Schuster. He is the bigger fish we must do everything to keep.

As long as he is in our jumper and puts in, I will cheer for him. I don’t particularly think that he owes us more than he has already contributed. From all reports we had him on a modest deal, he clearly has tried hard and got his career back on track.

It is not as if we took a massive gamble on Moses. Yes he was sacked by other clubs, but in the context of NRL sackings his issues were minor. Good luck to the kid I say.

Coming from the Mole might cast a little bit of doubt as a reliable indication but more then likely could eventuate . Would hardly agree with suggestion that there are ready made replacements though . Ben Turbo apparently still has some way to go as a i st grade level player , Not sure if Albert Hoppa has even played much centre role and same for Schuster but both very promising players of course . Would be disappointing to lose Suli , very professional game and no doubt it probably is a fairly appealing offer but not much sense of appreciation or even part loyalty on his part if the report is accurate as he could still no doubt make some reasonable money to stay . Good player for sure but still has his share of short comings also and not indispensable assuming that there will be still enough talent to compensate for losing him .

Shame, do we still play him when the comp returns or bring someone else in
Provided his attitude is what it seemed to be before lock down, I would. If his attitude is poor, throw Schuster in the centres.

Coming from the Mole might cast a little bit of doubt as a reliable indication but more then likely could eventuate . Would hardly agree with suggestion that there are ready made replacements though . Ben Turbo apparently still has some way to go as a i st grade level player , Not sure if Albert Hoppa has even played much centre role and same for Schuster but both very promising players of course . Would be disappointing to lose Suli , very professional game and no doubt it probably is a fairly appealing offer but not much sense of appreciation or even part loyalty on his part if the report is accurate as he could still no doubt make some reasonable money to stay . Good player for sure but still has his share of short comings also and not indispensable assuming that there will be still enough talent to compensate for losing him .
I agree with a number of points you make, including that he has a number of areas for improvement. But on the loyalty point, I like the idea of players being prepared to play for unders at Manly but can’t hold it against them if they leave for a better offer. I mean, with Hoppa, Ben T and Schuster coming through, there is a chance he won’t be in our best 17 in 2021 let alone 2022.

Loyalty is not without risk.

Afaik, Suli is on a fairly basic contract, so it is understandable he would be interested to sign with the Dragons if they are offering him up to three times as much. Islander players tend to use their to income to support their families. Of course, the NRL won't be ratifying any new contracts for a while. If the report is true and Moses leaves at the end of the year, hopefully, it will be after a premiership win :clap:

Out of interest, there are nine Manly players off contract at the end of the year - Cade Cust, Brendan Elliot, Albert Hopoate, Danny Levi, Luke Metcalf, Sam Smith, Moses Suli, Corey Waddell & Tony Williams.

Last edited:
IF...this is true - pi###s me off on many levels.
What is this anti tampering rule??
If this was Manly talking to an Illawarra player, would be stories of fines and unethical practice.
Secondly and more importantly, Manly have rebuilt this kids life and would be the ultimate slap in the face from Suli...who claimed Manly family and home, loyalty is everything, so my faith in him if going, has diminished greatly.
Thirdly - regardless of money....how would you leave a heavyweight side to join a wooden spoon candidate ?? Do players not realise there is life after footy and a great career in a dominant side is financially far better than hidden away in a team going nowhere fast.

IF...this is true - pi###s me off on many levels.
What is this anti tampering rule??
If this was Manly talking to an Illawarra player, would be stories of fines and unethical practice.
Secondly and more importantly, Manly have rebuilt this kids life and would be the ultimate slap in the face from Suli...who claimed Manly family and home, loyalty is everything, so my faith in him if going, has diminished greatly.
Thirdly - regardless of money....how would you leave a heavyweight side to join a wooden spoon candidate ?? Do players not realise there is life after footy and a great career in a dominant side is financially far better than hidden away in a team going nowhere fast.

He’s off contract at the end of the 2020 season mate so is fair game for any club to talk to.

The St George club just never seem to learn, all the players they have bought in recent years have taken their money but have produced nothing, zip ,nil on the field for them. So they compound this by buying Suli a player that's been undisciplined in the past (with contracts terminated at Wests, and Bulldogs ) has only had two reasonable years, due to Des rigid discipline and control of certain aspects of his life. So perhaps Suli can see the easy money without having to produce on the field. I can only see it all ending in tears for St George with another success story in the making. It appears Mary doesn't have enough problems with the team not playing for him he needs Suli to complete his coaching success story.

I agree with a number of points you make, including that he has a number of areas for improvement. But on the loyalty point, I like the idea of players being prepared to play for unders at Manly but can’t hold it against them if they leave for a better offer. I mean, with Hoppa, Ben T and Schuster coming through, there is a chance he won’t be in our best 17 in 2021 let alone 2022.

Loyalty is not without risk.
Fairly valid points but just on the player front then , Walker , Schuster for the 6 or centre position , Parker and probably Albert Hoppa also for centre positions . Would still prefer Suli to stay but again not as bad a loss if these other guys can play to their best or best potential .

Do players not realise there is life after footy and a great career in a dominant side is financially far better than hidden away in a team going nowhere fast.
Not quite sure how that works! It could work at clubs like the Chooks or Broncos who have bulk 'business' contacts to set players up later on, but they are the exception. For most players, there are no guarantees about the future, take the big money if it is offered. Even Fulton did!
Not to mention, regarding accusations of disloyalty, its quite possible he spoke to the club or Des and was told to go with our blessing.

His last big contract was with the tigers and that ended well for him

Frizell leaving says a lot about the dragons future chances of winning the comp in the enar future None

Must have been too big a temptation to play under master coach Mary McGregor It won't take Suli long to get sick of the Ben Hunt hospital passes

We cant expect the club to match the sort of money the desperate Dragons would likely offer...their club is sinking, they just lost Frizell and have money to spend and the most rabid supporters in the league screaming for a quick fix sugar hit.

Even staying with us I felt Suli was only a 50/50 chance of really "making it". Reminds me a bit of Joey Leilua. On the highlight reels looks great.... but massive holes in his game too from an intensity standpoint that often outweigh the good.

Suli's best chance was with a coach who could motivate him.... he may struggle now. Time will tell he certainly has the ability. Smart financial move....dubious football move.

If true , I’d bring up one of the young guns and send him back to reserves.

But to be honest it probably doesn’t matter as I reckon the first we will see of football will be 2021.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4