Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To me, Parker's only limitations are speed, lateral mobility and evasiveness as an outside back. He's like a lock playing in the centres. Big, tough, straight runner, good defender close in, gives 100%. Just not quick or mobile enough to be much better than an average centre, but .... here I go again... I suspect better than average in speed and mobility to make a pretty decent back rower. No, not one for the heavy big forwards there for grunt middle of the ruck drives, more a loose forward. I'll be howled down for this but Menzies seemed a little lost when they put him out in the centres. Did it adequately, and did 5/8 OK, but nothing special. As a back rower, a different player. Menzies weighed 98 kgs and was 1.9 mts tall. Parker 100 kgs and 1.93 mts tall. Yes I know, he's no Menzies, but then....Hmmm. Just maybe he could have been.
I see what you're saying, & I applaud your optimism, however Menzies played for his country & deserved to, while Parker is fortunate to be in first grade. It would be close to a miracle if Parker somehow managed to improve to become a decent back-rower, not because of his weight, but due to football nouse & athleticism.

They're both tied up at their respective clubs, but I would kill for a Liam Martin or Reuben Cotter style of forward to add some variety to the Manly pack. Burbo is shaping up well but can't stop getting injured. One might almost think it's a family trait…
Yep Manly is a liam martin away and an upgrade at hooker away from being a top4 team. Pity we cant fit either under the salary cap.

Des was a fan of Beaver at 6. Might have been something he saw bozo do when he used to put OJ or Nick Kosef at 6 and then bring Cliffy into the game

Yeah but is Morgan really any worse than Parker, Tuipoluto or the incoming Talau?
I'm no big Parker fan, especially at centre, but he has been close to our best back these past two weeks. Unfortunately, he's just as likely to have a shocker against the Sharks as he is to play at that same level this Sunday.

Ah Global. I've been an astronomy junkie since I was 12. Still get subscription magazine 'Astronomy' from the States. Been getting it since the late 70s. Wanted to be an astronomer as a teenager but didn't have the marks in physics. Now I love the subject. During my mid teens a teacher asked us to speak for 3 minutes on any subject. I spoke for 15 minutes on the Solar System. Got top marks but I could see the teacher and other students had no idea what I was talking about. Like I said, hopeless star junkie. Do you think I have a problem?
Javert says no!
You're obsessed with things that fill the darkness with order and light.

Ah Global. I've been an astronomy junkie since I was 12. Still get subscription magazine 'Astronomy' from the States. Been getting it since the late 70s. Wanted to be an astronomer as a teenager but didn't have the marks in physics. Now I love the subject. During my mid teens a teacher asked us to speak for 3 minutes on any subject. I spoke for 15 minutes on the Solar System. Got top marks but I could see the teacher and other students had no idea what I was talking about. Like I said, hopeless star junkie. Do you think I have a problem?
Depends on your view of electric universe theory.

Had 2 horror games which overshadows all the good performances he had, he was brilliant at putting Saab away in 2021

Also took a lot of character to come back and be a dependable performer whenever called upon since that Talakai nightmare
Wish I could give that 100 likes..
Sure Morgan was caught short a few times, but always gave his all....
A lot more than you can say for some of the current crop!

Yeah but is Morgan really any worse than Parker, Tuipoluto or the incoming Talau?
I don't think so. Imo he's a good depth player at least and I for one won't be happy if we lose him. Unfairly labelled for that one 'Talakai game' post-covid when he should never have even been selected. Until we hear something official, I'm still clinging to the hope Harper's retained.

I'm no big Parker fan, especially at centre, but he has been close to our best back these past two weeks. Unfortunately, he's just as likely to have a shocker against the Sharks as he is to play at that same level this Sunday.
Do you not like him because he is a Manly-Warringah junior - aka the ‘ Real McCoy’. Rather than a (ersatz) Manly-Westfields Sports High junior?

Kayal Iro would be the perfect replacement. Apparently he is looking for a release for the rest of the year. Get him in with compo money. From what I'm seeing no sharks fans wanna see him go and are of the belief he is an nrl player but no pathway at the sharks

Kayal Iro would be the perfect replacement. Apparently he is looking for a release for the rest of the year. Get him in with compo money. From what I'm seeing no sharks fans wanna see him go and are of the belief he is an nrl player but no pathway at the sharks
He may get a run after the Eagles 🦅 put a huge number on the Sharks 🦈 this week. 😂

Good player and in a winning side would probably do well. Trouble as I see it in this team with Harper, is that he's hot and cold too often. Sometimes looks like Walker in his prime, but then looked at times out of his depth. Sad really. Has the talent, speed, evasiveness.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7