Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There seems to be a common theme on here for people who have a hard on for moving some of our wingers and centres into the 2nd row.
I have said it before - like the idea of changing Walker to Fullback or Taufua to second row or probably some might want Cust at Prop - give me a break. It is hard enough breaking into the NRL after playing a position all your life - it is damn near impossible just changing positions and making a fist of it. Swapping from 9/7/6 very possible in today's game; 8/10/12/11/13 possible to interchange depending on mobility/size etc - possible; 3/4/2/5 again possible to interchange; 2/5/1 more possible in today's game but being a 1 is all about organising defensive lines and following the ball everywhere in attack - so challenging to do it successfully long term. You can pinch hit a change for a game or two with maybe some success but swapping positions full time is damn hard. But moving a Centre or wing to a backrow position fulltime unless they have size and are uber talented and can tackle - just no chance. When you dreams these crazy ideas in your sleep - maybe don't share them - just keep them as crazy dreams.

Did someone else just suggest Parker to second row. It really is the worst idea, he hasn’t even mastered centre, the position he has played his whole career.. brad should be viewed as the deepest depth and locked behind the emergency glass that has to be broken in a special way with a special hammer. The emergency being lots of injuries, we have many better options with upside rather than persevere with a player who is just solid at absolute best. And he certainly doesn’t warrant a move in position blocking pathways for other players.
Hey Joey, it was me. Parker is a one club player and whilst I think his days are numbered at centre it is a very Manly thing that we try and find solutions or opportunities to kids with character and heart. Given you probably don't give a rats what I think I would suggest you might want to find some humanity. You can bag whoever you want from other clubs but here at Silvertails we support our players as best we can.

Hey Joey, it was me. Parker is a one club player and whilst I think his days are numbered at centre it is a very Manly thing that we try and find solutions or opportunities to kids with character and heart. Given you probably don't give a rats what I think I would suggest you might want to find some humanity. You can bag whoever you want from other clubs but here at Silvertails we support our players as best we can.

I have no problem with that ethos, but it doesn’t win football games, we have better players in the position Parker plays as well as in the positions he has never played. I apply my humanity elsewhere but thanks for the the tip. Humanity is best applied across human traits, I have no doubt brads a good guy and a great squad member, he just isn’t in our strongest side. Given we are here to critique and comment on manly and football, I fail to see where humanity enters into the discourse. It’s not like I wish him bad luck or anything I just no longer see a spot for him in the centre’s, and never did in the back row.

Hi all what's everyone thoughts on Morgan seems a talent by looks of it may be in NSW cup for while could he snag a wing spot.
Interested to here thoughts ?
My perception ...

I have not been impressed with any of the fill in backs contribution LAST SEASON and this reflected in the way our team got thrashed and had record scores against them.
A good tackle and a good run here and there but nothing consistent through out the game and through out our mediocre season

Exhibit A...
This one of our many thrashings was at our once proud Fortress against the team outside the top 8 the Titans. They thrashed us by 42 points to 24 . It was Tommys first game back from injury and he looked well under done .
No Sea eagle backs with wings against the more destructive Titan back line

We can come up with so many excuses why they underperformed
But all the great young players always come up with great individual brilliance on a consistent basis and consistency is what makes good players

THIS SEASON is a new opportunity for all of them and I hope they all take it and make amends .

Here is another perspective feathered friend

Passionate fans do not approve or support mediocre players dragging our Legendary winning club down to their level and neither do great leaders who make tough decisions and do not let their sentimental weakness get the better of them

Our Great Leader and Godfather who was our founder of our success and winner at all costs quickly replaced so called Pet Players with Premiership Winning Players

Harper is the first centre picked in my book. He earned that right in account of his performances last year and whilst that might change it should be up to Suli, Walker, Tippy Toes, Parker, Funa who ever misses out to prove something and change that.

I haven't seen much of him. But what I have at centre wow, hes not big, not lightning quick, he just looks a natural and clever footballer.

Someone on here suggested he had played a bit in the halves which wouldnt surprise at all.

It's his balance, and ability to turn nothing into a break, that makes me think he could play anywhere in the back line and may be hooker.
Is that you Morgan?

My perception ...

I have not been impressed with any of the fill in backs contribution LAST SEASON and this reflected in the way our team got thrashed and had record scores against them.
A good tackle and a good run here and there but nothing consistent through out the game and through out our mediocre season

Exhibit A...
This one of our many thrashings was at our once proud Fortress against the team outside the top 8 the Titans. They thrashed us by 42 points to 24 . It was Tommys first game back from injury and he looked well under done .
No Sea eagle backs with wings against the more destructive Titan back line

We can come up with so many excuses why they underperformed
But all the great young players always come up with great individual brilliance on a consistent basis and consistency is what makes good players

THIS SEASON is a new opportunity for all of them and I hope they all take it and make amends .

Yeah that was a horrid day. I believe a season in NSW cup may help Harper

Our Legendary club is not an amature social sacred hearts community club where every one gets together after a loss and takes comfort drinking tea and biscuits
Yeah agree i am sure there alot of players on notice after last year crap efforts

Tell that to Ado Carr or Nofoaluma .. 2 best wingers in the comp ...

Given 2 equal talents .. tall will prevail ... but just tall won't cut it on it's own ..
Agree re it isn't just about being tall and also re the 2 wingers you mentioned. However imo the modern game relies on your wingers being metre eaters & or super quick with silky finishing skills. Being tall adds another dimension with an aerial threat to kick too (something we haven't done well with in recent times and also a bonus defending kicks). I think harpers strength is his attack/footwork and therefore is best suited to centre. I like the idea of saab, tippey toes and Garrick all fighting for a wing spot with Jorge a distant 4th choice! With suli, walker, Parker and harper vying for centre. Just my opinion!

Agree re it isn't just about being tall and also re the 2 wingers you mentioned. However imo the modern game relies on your wingers being metre eaters & or super quick with silky finishing skills. Being tall adds another dimension with an aerial threat to kick too (something we haven't done well with in recent times and also a bonus defending kicks). I think harpers strength is his attack/footwork and therefore is best suited to centre. I like the idea of saab, tipples and Garrick all fighting for a wing spot with Jorge a distant 4th choice! Just my opinion!

Agree with your assessment ... my only issue has been with those who have written off Garrick, Parker, Funa, and Harper ... all because a player 98% of them have never seen play ... is Tall ..

IF .. Saab can catch a ball
IF ... Saab can tackle
IF .. Saab can kick return ..
IF .. Saab is a complete footballer ..
IF ... Saab has the ticker ...
IF .. Saab can finish ....

Then, I will lead the choir singing his praises, with a PS saying being tall is also helpful ...

I have no doubt Parker could play backrow. I mean why couldn't he? Centre and backrow are very similar positions now, the only difference is they stand a few metres in field and have an extra player on their outside. Parker could well be a better backrower than he is a centre, especially with his lack of speed. He is a big hitter, great defensive reads, a great hole runner and plays with 100% commitment. He has everything a good backrower has! I can even see him take the Gosiewski role off the bench as #16 as he can cover both backrow and outside backs. I think there is more of an argument to say yes he could play backrow compared the no he can't argument.

I have no doubt Parker could play backrow. I mean why couldn't he? Centre and backrow are very similar positions now, the only difference is they stand a few metres in field and have an extra player on their outside. Parker could well be a better backrower than he is a centre, especially with his lack of speed. He is a big hitter, great defensive reads, a great hole runner and plays with 100% commitment. He has everything a good backrower has! I can even see him take the Gosiewski role off the bench as #16 as he can cover both backrow and outside backs. I think there is more of an argument to say yes he could play backrow compared the no he can't argument.
Perspective...
Any one could play in any position that is no issue .
The issue is how affective would they be playing in that position
One of the big plays for a forward to me is taking the ball out of their goal line and making valuable metres .As far as what I have seen Parker is ineffective in this role

Agree with your assessment ... my only issue has been with those who have written off Garrick, Parker, Funa, and Harper ... all because a player 98% of them have never seen play ... is Tall ..

IF .. Saab can catch a ball
IF ... Saab can tackle
IF .. Saab can kick return ..
IF .. Saab is a complete footballer ..
IF ... Saab has the ticker ...
IF .. Saab can finish ....

Then, I will lead the choir singing his praises, with a PS saying being tall is also helpful ...
Fair call. I for one aren't writing off any of them and am glad for the first time (in a long time) we have some decent back line depth and competition for spots!

Also just re Saab - I'm going to put it out there... this kid is an out and out athlete & he is going to thrive at Manly.. just give it time!

Perspective...
Any one could play in any position that is no issue .
The issue is how affective would they be playing in that position
One of the big plays for a forward to me is taking the ball out of their goal line and making valuable metres .As far as what I have seen Parker is ineffective in this role
I must watch a different game, Parker makes decent metres from our end, he always manages to find his feet and get a quick play the ball. There was a game last year when we lost Parker and Suli and everyone was saying we're going to miss their strong carries out of our end.

Fair call. I for one aren't writing off any of them and am glad for the first time (in a long time) we have some decent back line depth and competition for spots!

Also just re Saab - I'm going to put it out there... this kid is an out and out athlete & he is going to thrive at Manly.. just give it time!
He does have some serious speed , and this is the seed that can spread into greatness

I must watch a different game, Parker makes decent metres from our end, he always manages to find his feet and get a quick play the ball. There was a game last year when we lost Parker and Suli and everyone was saying we're going to miss their strong carries out of our end.
Sorry feathered friend but one of us needs an appointment with spec savers
I must have also watched different games where Parker runs the ball and gets knocked out or driven backwards .
I agree with Sulis strong carries
One out of two ain't bad :)

brad should be viewed as the deepest depth and locked behind the emergency glass that has to be broken in a special way with a special hammer.

He would probably get KO'd by the percussion of the glass breaking.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4