Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Killer would always get outside of his man
Tom would do that time and tine again and would lead most others in try assists
We can find a fullback with speed and can tackle if required
As you said we need a killer and Tom could be that person to compliment Koula
Who are you finding that 1)is as good as Tom at fullback?
2)is highly influential given fullback is one of the most influential positions in the game,far more than centre?
3)will fit into an already tight salary cap with more players that will require upgrades/extensions?
Unless the opposition are a very good side or there’s the slightest of precipitation/slippery field,Manly have not had a problem scoring points whilst Tom is at fullback,even in matches with Harper and Parker

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
Mot gonna bag anything these guys did last week, they and the whole team put in a top effort and got the win, just to put things in perspective 10 years ago we had Jamie Lyon and Steve Mattia in the 3 and 4 and lost in the GF (dubiously but still lost). Harper and Parker on occasion can get to 80% of what Killer and Skivy could but in terms of consistent top level performances they can't get anywhere near those guys. If we have better available we need them in the team and Koula offers more IMO. Now we just need the next killer to replace Parker, wishful thinking I know.
Bon

I think he and Parker are excellent depth centres but I don't think either of them are first choice first graders.
I think the word “excellent “ is a bit over the top. Just “depth centres” is more appropriate. Honestly they would not be considered for 1st grade at any other club.
How many years have now passed and our 2 main positional concerns have been centres and hooker which never get addressed and we still bring 100 bang average second rowers we don’t need !!!

I think the word “excellent “ is a bit over the top. Just “depth centres” is more appropriate. Honestly they would not be considered for 1st grade at any other club.
How many years have now passed and our 2 main positional concerns have been centres and hooker which never get addressed and we still bring 100 bang average second rowers we don’t need !!!
100% spot on.

I thought he had a great game vs Storm.

When a team is playing as one with the intensity Manly displayed on Friday night, the occasional error can be forgiven & made up for.

It’s when a team is disjointed that errors become more detrimental.

I thought he had a great game vs Storm.

When a team is playing as one with the intensity Manly displayed on Friday night, the occasional error can be forgiven & made up for.

It’s when a team is disjointed that errors become more detrimental.
He had a strong game because the forwards defended well in the middle. It's easy to blame Harper when our edge is pulled apart, but most centres would struggle in his position when the opposition are able to shift off quick play-the-balls against a retreating defensive line. Harper is good enough when the players inside him do their job. The same goes for Saab. He received accolades for a defensive effort on Coates in the first half. Yes, he did put his shoulder into contact and moved quickly but it wasn't an individual effort. He was able to get there because the rest of the defensive line weren't stretched. It's amazing how well the backs will defend when the middle defenders slow the play down and kept it tight.

I'd say that given they hold their own in FG more often than not they're excellent depth. But I think we should have at least one more proper FG centre in front of them both, not just Koula.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8