Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would be very disappointed they give Harper a run before Hoppa and Schuster!!

Harper could well be a better option then Parker, I think Parker’s future is the back row under the new rules. To slow for centre,Parker could play a role similar to Issac Yeoh from Penrith.
Thing is Hoppa and Schuster have never played against men.
While I would love to see them have a run I just don't think it will happen without getting some senior game time and without reserve grade that aint going to happen.
Morgan looks to have had a few years at least so should be game ready once his fitness is back.

Schuster has been re signed for the next two seasons according to at least one report which i certainly hope is accurate . Every indication that Manly are intent to keep young Hoppa as well and not sure why that has not occurred yet . Both have played S O O 18 "s , again not N R L level but still some good grounding to transition to i st grade even without reserve grade experience . Look at young Best , don"t think that he played any reserve grade and has easily adjusted to the top grade this season . Has to be the right reasons for promoting them to the i st grade Manly side but must be fast approaching one would think .

.... and we'll never know how they would perform unless they are given a chance.

Totally agree and I would love to see a few of our future stars get blooded ... what has happened to our really fast young fullback Kaeo Weekes and Burbo?

I'm happy to but he doesn't excite one iota. Depth kid...another one.
Ppl on the kennel forum aren't very concerned with the loss.. says he lacks speed doesn't offer much and doesn't know where the raps come from..think he may be another player signed that we will be getting rid of end of contract lol.. after all hed be playing FG with the dogs if he was worthy.. just a thought. In saying that happy to see him get a shot this year to see what he can deliver

Which is strange 'cause the third post in this thread was from a dogs fan saying that they are sad he's going.

I'm not too sure if any signing has been met with universal approval.

I'm happy to see him here but I've represented Aust / Canada in 400 sports nationally (and once inter-galactically but shh, tis a secret) so I guess I can judge.

Ppl on the kennel forum aren't very concerned with the loss.. says he lacks speed doesn't offer much and doesn't know where the raps come from..think he may be another player signed that we will be getting rid of end of contract lol.. after all hed be playing FG with the dogs if he was worthy.. just a thought. In saying that happy to see him get a shot this year to see what he can deliver
Well if that’s what they think of him we are probably into something! At least for now I’ll put my faith in our coaching and recruitment over the insightful talent scouts at the kennel.

I'll wait .... I remember not being too excited when we signed Robbo from Canberra .... sometimes it's better to just wait and see ....

.... and we'll never know how they would perform unless they are given a chance.

Yep, exactly. However, the coaches who watch them train, the trainers who condition them and players who drill against them would have a pretty good idea. I'll leave it to the premiership winning coach, an ex-top level player himself with the numerous experienced staff he is working with to make the decisions. Pretty sure they have a better idea of where the young up and coming rookies are at.

While I would love to see them have a run I just don't think it will happen without getting some senior game time and without reserve grade that aint going to happen.
Morgan looks to have had a few years at least so should be game ready once his fitness is back.

Eagle they never will if that is the basis of non selection. They always have to play against 'men' at some stage. Many players have come directly into first grade from the juniors. They are in the 30 because they are deemed ready, otherwise they would be in the Development squad

Harper does not seem to have much of a real speed factor about him from my limited observation . looks like a tidy and good positional centre with some smart footwork . Hopefully his defence measures up and can be only a bonus if he is also a handy goal kicker . At least he will always have the distinction of replacing the mystery man , Sam Smith .

I have not seen much of Harper play, I don’t have an opinion on him as yet.

Albert I have seen play and in my opinion he is ready, I can’t find an excuse why he is not in the team.

Schuster has been training to play centre this season, my opinion is he can not be any worse then what we have.

If we are too be any threat this season changes need to happen, repeatedly not trying something different is concerning.

Looks elusive but an example of speed, have seen him twice in the clear with 50m to make the line and preferred to offload to Okunbor who has suprisingly good, decent sustained pace....get Okunbor and Des could make him into a weapon and the backrower Harawiera - Nira would give Super punch through the edges which we currently lack big time.

Eagle they never will if that is the basis of non selection. They always have to play against 'men' at some stage. Many players have come directly into first grade from the juniors. They are in the 30 because they are deemed ready, otherwise they would be in the Development squad
I totally agree and think they should be playing. Unfortunately the powers that be dont and they aren't. I'm just throwing up a possible reason.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4